D&D (2024) This Dragon Art Is From The 2024 Player's Handbook

As shown at GaryCon.

GJSsRwJacAAU8zz.jpeg

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
Post #2 of this very thread.
Oh, is that a red wyrm? I thought it was an "apocalypse dragon," given the like...molten-lava-and-rocks look.

It is a cool image, certainly. I'm imagining a Skill Challenge to try to get to the dragon (before it levels important parts of the city) so that you can get a subsequent "battle on the dragon's back" fight, which is just a natural choice for something like this. Probably ape Fire Emblem Awakening's final boss fight, amongst other things, for combat design ideas.

gorice

Hero
I'm still mad no one wants to.talk about the absolutely gorgeous city buster apocalypse red wyrm.
I think it's neat. Dragons should be destroying cities.

For context of Campbell White's styles and capabilities, here is a piece from 6 years ago which cannot have any AI component, as the tech didn'texiat at the time:

View attachment 353609
I like this much more than the silver dragon. FWIW, I don't think AI has anything to do with it. I reckon some of the figures in the foreground of the dragon pic just aren't very well done. Anyone remember the 5e halfling?

OK, so the artist already addressed the AI question on Twitter, and shared some of the rough draft versions (below). Apparently he did 10, one for each Dragon type, and the city here is just one made up to showcase a Silver Dragon doing their thing.

View attachment 353622View attachment 353623View attachment 353624View attachment 353625View attachment 353626

I have a feeling that most prudent artists are going to meticulously save their drafts (and many obviously already have been) just to stop this sort of (usually unfounded) accusation. At this point, such accusations without something very obviously wrong are just demeaning hard-working artists.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I have a feeling that most prudent artists are going to meticulously save their drafts (and many obviously already have been) just to stop this sort of (usually unfounded) accusation. At this point, such accusations without something very obviously wrong are just demeaning hard-working artists.
It's becoming the boy who cried wolf, for sure. By pulling a hair trigger on false positives, it only provides cover for actual commercial use of AI art, if companies think people cannot tell the difference.

Remove ads

Remove ads