Thoughts on the rebooted He-Man (Netflix)

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Considering that in the old cartoon Adam and He-man look like the exact same guy in different clothes the mindboggling part is that someone wouldn't know. So basically the same issue than with Superman.

In the new show Adam actually looks significantly different than He-Man, so it makes far more sense.
At least with Adam and He-Man there was a massive physical difference. Sure He-Man might strongly resemble Adam, but resemblance among strangers happens all the time. He-Man had huge bulging muscles that Adam didn't have which would cause people to dismiss thoughts of them being the same person as their imagination. Superman and Clark had the exact same build, height, hair color, eye color, etc. The only difference was a pair of glasses and the clothing.

Rune

Once A Fool
At least with Adam and He-Man there was a massive physical difference. Sure He-Man might strongly resemble Adam, but resemblance among strangers happens all the time. He-Man had huge bulging muscles that Adam didn't have which would cause people to dismiss thoughts of them being the same person as their imagination. Superman and Clark had the exact same build, height, hair color, eye color, etc. The only difference was a pair of glasses and the clothing.
In the original show? Adam looks just as muscular to me. Paler, but very buff.

And a lot of subtle nuances in Christopher Reeve’s portrayal (and I’m using him as an example, because it’s the best) helped to make Kent appear to be a distinct character. Like parting his hair on the opposite side. And frankly, the point of Kent’s meek, nerdy persona was to make sure people didn’t pay attention to him. The surrounding characters’ impression of Kent as ignorable pretty much ensures they won’t even be able to conceive of him being heroic, let alone superheroic.

I always got the sense they were going for something like that in the original MotU, but they never pulled it off. In my opinion. Adam seems like an action figure that came out of the same mold.

Last edited:

Rune

Once A Fool

And a lot of subtle nuances in Christopher Reeve’s portrayal (and I’m using him as an example, because it’s the best) helped to make Kent appear to be a distinct character. Like parting his hair on the opposite side. And frankly, the point of Kent’s meek, nerdy persona was to make sure people didn’t pay attention to him. The surrounding characters’ impression of Kent as ignorable pretty much ensures they won’t even be able to conceive of him being heroic, let alone superheroic.

I always got the sense they were going for something like that in the original MotU, but they never pulled it off. In my opinion. Adam seems like an action figure that came out of the same mold.
D7929C75-F624-423A-AA85-73BA869B5DC3.jpeg
4BC2E59B-819A-4B0E-A2B3-A7AFE7EDC7FD.jpeg

Last edited:

Rune

Once A Fool

Another thing about Kent’s hair vs. Superman’s (in addition to the reversed part):

Kent’s is straight and Supes’ is wavy.

0A6D1024-6B76-402B-A4C7-D08FDC4244E8.jpeg

Remove ads