Pathfinder 1E Thunderscape: the World of Aden [Kickstarter]

Shawn Carman

Explorer
Hello, all. Morrus was kind enough to announce our Kickstarter on the news page Friday. I just wanted to drop in and see if there were any questions or comments. It's a labor of love and we're all really excited to see it a reality, finally.

The Kickstarter is here, if you're curious to see what we're about. I think the setting, which has been round for quite some time, meshes perfectly with Pathfinder. They were made for each other.

So... ask me anything, I guess. :)

Shawn Carman

Explorer
good luck may its goles be grand:cool:

Thanks, jhunton! Your good vibes were, I'm quite sure, essential to us hitting our goal! Yay! Now we're trying to power through to that elusive first stretch goal.

Again, I'm happy to answer any questions that anyone has about the setting, the project, the process... any of it, really.

Tyrielwow

First Post
Cover art and everything else looks amazing! Ferran seem like a nice exotic addition to regular race pool.. Cant wait what other nice previews you guys are gonna show us next week..

CharlesDM

First Post
To the OP, you said "I think the setting ... meshes perfectly with Pathfinder." Could you comment more on that?

I'm a fan of the original World of Aden, and I've thought of using it as a campaign setting again, but not for 3.x/PF.

Thank you!

Shawn Carman

Explorer
To the OP, you said "I think the setting ... meshes perfectly with Pathfinder." Could you comment more on that?

Absolutely! To me, the synchronicity between the organizations and nations of the world and the classes of Pathfinder are amazing. One of the most active groups in the world are the paladins of the Radiant Order. You have the Arbiters of Carraway, who are more like Inquisitors than anyone else I've ever seen. The High Steppes is fraught with barbarians. The samurai of Vanora subscribe to the Way of Ten Beasts, a philosophy that endorses summoners. The proliferation of firearms in Western Aden has given rise to gunslingers...

Honestly, there's not a class in Pathfinder that doesn't easily and almost perfectly translate to Aden. It's been my go-to system for the setting since it came out, and it was D&D3/3.5 before that.

Shawn Carman

Explorer
We've got a fresh update that includes the oft-requested expanded stretch goals!

We passed another stretch goal late last week. Pledging a meager $15 gets you a PDF of the core book and an adventure module, while pledging $40 gets you a print and PDf copy of the core and an adventure module, plus a copy of our new GM Screen!

If we reach the $18k stretch mark, everyone can upgrade those modules to a full-blown Adventure Path!

Last edited:

Remove ads