TMP Holiday Event

Magi_Apolline

ISRP Moderator
It was brought to my attention that a few of the TMP players would like to see a TMP holiday event. I am posting this with the expressed permission from Magi Brigid.

This thread will be open until December 18th.

Date and theme suggestions will be taken until December 1st. After that the thread will be open to those who would like to submit a room description until December 12th. All will be able to vote on their top three favorite descriptions until the December 18th. (Voting will be done via email. Email address will be released on the 18th.) Then the Magi will select their favorite from the voted three and on the night of the event you will all discover which description was chosen.

Edit: Please be advise that all submitted room descriptions will need to follow the COC and room setting.

I will also keep a tally of which type of holiday event (Christmas or New Years or a combination party) at the top of the thread. Dates will be tallied when the thread closes on December 1st.

Christmas/Hanukkah/Yule Holiday - 1
New Years -
Combination -

Last edited:

Ruthia

First Post
OOOHHHH! BIG Christmas party. Cause New York City..well ok most USA Cities. Are WELL know for their big huge holiday parties. Theme,....theme. Um. Oh!

A Charlie Brown Christmas.

Okok I know it's corny but here me out! How many people HAVEN"T had that fabled Charlie Brown tree at least ONCE in thier lives??

NewsBreak

First Post
Mmm. Imaginary parties. Those are my favorite kind. There's so little cleanup involved...

Anyhoo! My personal vote is for a "Holiday" party. It wouldn't be fair, (and it wouldn't be likely in a city like New York; not if the PC crew have been doing anything but sitting on their arses in the 25 year gap between our time and TMP time...) to keep it labeled strictly a "Christmas" party. And maybe that sounds a little silly and picky, but that's how it is. But a holiday party at this time of year can pretty easily be left open to peoples (and characters!) of all faiths, as long as you don't immediately set to labeling it.

As to themes...part of me would like to see some of the stylish TMP regulars attending an "Ugly Holiday Sweater" party. Maybe throw in a White Elephant style gift exchange? I'd also throw in the idea of a formal out there. One of the old Black and White cocktail parties, perhaps?

Datewise, I'd put in a note for either the fourteenth or the twenty-first of December.

James V

First Post
aslong as there are guitars, Kegs of beer and other things that make a party a party then I'm happy, then again, to me a party is after an awesome show.

Sienna_Rose

First Post
NewsBreak said:
As to themes...part of me would like to see some of the stylish TMP regulars attending an "Ugly Holiday Sweater" party. Maybe throw in a White Elephant style gift exchange? I'd also throw in the idea of a formal out there. One of the old Black and White cocktail parties, perhaps?

Oo, I like both of those ideas. . .I was thinking New Years. It is a club. In New York. Big party time. And that would work with the formal idea.
But, I really like the ugly sweater idea, and am even getting room decore ideas. . .

Magi_Apolline

ISRP Moderator
Right now we need to pick dates. After we have the date narrowed down, we'll pick what type of party it will be. Dates, people, dates. We need to know when you're available so we can determine if we're going to be available.

NewsBreak

First Post
My personal vote is for a little later. Either the 21st or the 28th of December. Now I admit that's kind of a bias on my part, since when it comes to weekends, Fridays are the only day I can make. :S

Ruthia

First Post
Ah well. Count me out then! WAY to much going on family wise to do anything before New Years at this point. Have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads