To Catch a Crimelord, or Down the Rabbit Hole (garyh judging)

industrygothica

Adventurer
Carolina slips the necklace over her head and drops the key under her shirt. "Where were we goin' before we got caught up here? Best be stayin' on that course."

[sblock=ooc]I honestly can't remember... sad, eh?[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Grim picks up his errant javelin and squats. "I wish I'd had a chance to test my blade against it, whatever it was."

"Ahhh Grim" Kruk states in a mockingly sad voice as he finishes inspecting his beard. "Ya can have all the fun." He smiles. "Don't worry lad. I'm sure that there will be stronger foes for you to sink your blade into before we are done here."

dimsdale

First Post
"That's ... not particularly encouraging. Especially if Mr. X's activities he doesn't want interrupted happen to be a summoning."

Kruk's cheerful expression on his face is abruptly replaced by a worried look "Oh...right." Kruk rechecks his equipment for a third time. He then looks up towards Lily, smiles and winks (as if to say...I can't wait to see what we face next).

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"Standing here isn't going to help us at all though. Let's go finish paying those dwarves a visit." Raiyek checks his gear, then leads the way forward to where Chief Kniva said the dwarves lived.
[sblock=OOC]Just moving things forward. I'm not missing anything, right? We don't actually have any idea where these cultists are based?[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk bolts right up and moves forward with Raiyek. "Right you are Raiyek! Let's move out." He boldly walks forward as well.

[sblock=ooc]
agreed
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
The group takes a few minutes to catch your breath after the latest battle against Mr. X's minions, but are left with more questions than answers as the cryptic message, allegedly from the man himself. With suspicions of the crimelord's intentions, but no concrete information to act on, you continue on to the dwarven city of Choca Paquiliz.

The trip takes the rest of the day, and you arrive at the base of the mountains just as the sun begins its descent below the horizon. Luckily, the dwarves have cut a fine set of stairs into the mountain to aid your ascent. Reaching the doors, a set of golden torches are bolted into the wall flanking a pair of massive dark metal doors.

[sblock=Kruk/Georg]
These appear to be made of adamantine, virtually impervious to normal weapons, also one of the most valuable metals in existence.
[/sblock]

You feel like you're being watched and sure enough a disembodied voice seems to come from the mountain itself. You realize it's coming from above the doors, but you can't see the speaker.

"Halt, what business have you with the us?" the voice says.

johnmeier1

Explorer
[sblock=Dwarven]We are friends who wish to trade in information and goods.[/sblock]

After a short Dwarven greeting, Georg says My comrades and I are travelers who seek shelter for the night. We wish to trade also for information.

[sblock=OOC] Here's hoping they have the Dwarven desire for our money :) [/sblock]

Remove ads