To Catch a Crimelord, or Down the Rabbit Hole (garyh judging)

renau1g

First Post
Kruk scans the room in awe, then turns to the dwarf talking to Georg and states in dwaven language "The stone work is...breathtaking...I've...I've never seen anything like it. I know first hand how much effort and time it must have taken to achieve a work such as this. My compliments to you and your clan." He continues to scan, then then asks another question, again in dwarven tongue. "Our last encounter involve a run in with a group of humans, all with one eye gouged out. Have you heard of a group around here who follow such a "strange" practice?"

[sblock=dwarven]
"Thank you cousin. We have heard rumours that a group of savage humans have turned to such evil acts. Even had a couple of the humans from that barbarian town to the south, Reklingham, had come lately to meet with k’ul ahau Nuun Yax Ain, our leader, about this." the guard replies
[/sblock]

[sblock=Raiyek]
The dwarf seems to have visibly calmed down, his weapon is held looser in his hands and the dwarves with the blunderbuss' have also allowed the barrels to drift to the ground
[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
[sblock=Dwarven] May we gain an audience with k’ul ahau Nuun Yax Ain? There may be powerful and dark forces aligned with these savage humans. We seek to stop them.[/sblock]

The bandits are notorious here, and I have asked for an audience with the leader of these dwarves. Georg whispers to his allies.

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=dwarven]
"Hmmm...well I ain't in charge of who sees k’ul ahau Nuun Yax Ain, but I can ask for his aide. Give me a few moments" the dwarf says, gesturing to one of the other guardsmen to go. [/sblock]

After 20 minutes, a rather officious looking dwarf wearing wire-framed glasses, clean white robes, and a large tome in his hands. He begins to speak, in the common tongue

"I hear you're looking to meet with our leader? Please let me know exactly what you wish to speak with him about and I shall determine if there is a place in his busy schedule for unannounced visitors" the dwarf says, somewhat tersely, emphasizing the unannounced part.

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=dwarven]
"Hmmm...well I ain't in charge of who sees k’ul ahau Nuun Yax Ain, but I can ask for his aide. Give me a few moments" the dwarf says, gesturing to one of the other guardsmen to go. [/sblock]

After 20 minutes, a rather officious looking dwarf wearing wire-framed glasses, clean white robes, and a large tome in his hands. He begins to speak, in the common tongue

"I hear you're looking to meet with our leader? Please let me know exactly what you wish to speak with him about and I shall determine if there is a place in his busy schedule for unannounced visitors" the dwarf says, somewhat tersely, emphasizing the unannounced part.

Kruk looks towards Georg and states in dwaven tongue. "You can present our case better than I. I'll give emotional support if needed." Kruk winks and then steps back giving the magic user room to present his case to the official-looking dwarf.

dimsdale

First Post
Clearing his throat and speaking out of the side of his mouth in common tongue while keeping his gaze on the dwarf with the glasses, Kruk states to Raiyek, "He wants to know why we request to see the leader. ."

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek clears his throat, stepping up beside Georg. "I am Raiyek Meliam," the paladin bows to the aide. "My companions and I have heard disturbing rumors about goings on in this area, and have even been waylaid by self-mutilated bandits on our way here. We were told that your leader may have some insight into these matters. Perhaps we can come to some sort of agreement?"
[sblock=OOC]Diplomacy (1d20+10=20)[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
The aide asked the question in common so everyone understood him[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
oops...thanks :blush:
[/sblock]

Kruk, while listening to the elf speak in his calm convincing voice, looks at Georg and whispers "He's good. Where would we be without him...probably still at the enterence." Kruk smiles, mentally laughing at his own joke.

Remove ads