To the noble BORN 6/9/08 (finished)

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
The yelling seems to disturb the spider, and when Xaros bolt slams into it flees, disappearing into the foliage.

Unfortunately it does not dissuade the second dog-sized beast which drops beside Lily, nor the trio of fist-sized spiders that come dropping down on strands of webbing. A fourth spider scurries down Kerin’s blade as he wrenches it free from the webbing. Reflexively he smashes the blade into a tree and squishes the spider.

Both spiders miss Xaros, although Reyburn is bitten. Lily receives a vicious bite from the largest of the new wave. Her wound burns for a moment before easing. The spider facing Lily then begins to crackle with sparks.

OOC:
charisma check +1/2 level to intimidate – (whee! now I’m just makin’ up rules) Xaros (18+3), (not) aided by Lily (7+2)
Xaros’ shot: 16+4 (9dmg)
Burst check by Kerin (13+2) AoO 16+4=20 (5dmg)
Little spiders: 6,12@ Xaros. 20@Reyburn (1dmg)
Small spider nat 20, 17 (unconfirmed)@Lily (4 dmg)
Saves vs. Poison: Reyburn nat 20, Lily 8+5=13

WarShrike

First Post
"I hate spiders!" howls Xaros as he jams a bolt into his crossbow and shoots the glowing spider, no longer concerned whom he might hit.

Dekana

Explorer
"Youch!" The bite from the oversized spider comes as a shock to Lily. She is unaccustomed to being struck in battle, and the stinging pain forces her to realize that she is really facing mortal danger. At a loss for words and now fighting for her life, she swings her mace toward the ground in attempt to squash the vicious bug.

OOC: Heavy Mace: d20+2, d6+1, 20x2. 5-foot-step closer to Kerin after the attack.
I love the intimidate check by the way. I trying to go for the "talking sternly to a dog who doesn't want to give up its toy" voice. As long as we're having fun, it doesn't really matter to me which rules are applied. ;)

knight_isa

First Post
"Gah!" Rayburn pulls out the wand and targets his and Lily's spiders. "I think it might be best if we returned to the fountain."

OOC: Wand (43) vs 2 spiders, 1d4+1 per spider

Fenris

Adventurer
Wheeling Swift around, Kerin spurs Swift on towards the spider that is attacking Lily, swinging his sword at it while Swift tries to stomp it.

OOC: I agree with Dekana. I laughed when I read your comment. And I am having fun with it.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Lily swings wildly, as Xaros’ bolt brushes by her ear and leaves it stinging, before striking the spider. A magic missile sends it reeling and a sure blow from Kerin finishes it off. Another little spider is also blasted out of existence. The little spiders attack, but their tiny fangs are having trouble even penetrating clothing, much less Xaros' armor.

Rayburn you can finish the pair off easily with your wand, although [sblock]your father has paid for such odd creatures for use in his potions. Perhaps he could use something from the dead ones. [/sblock]

The last of the movement in the branches fades away, the forest going still and quiet.
A piece of cloth dangles through the gash in the largest cocoon. It is a tawny-gold color that is almost, but not entirely, completely unlike the metallic-gold fur of the spiders.

OOC:
Lili 8+2=10
Xaros 16+4-4=16 (9 dmg)
Rayburn (3,4 dmg) - kn Arcane 8+9=17
Kerin Nat 20, unconfirmed 7 damage.
Tiny spiders 9,12 @Xaros
(the big spiders attack this round would have crit, and a roll of 5 rarely makes a save, ah well.)

Current Wounds:
Kerin -1hp, Mount -1hp
Lilly -4hp, Rayburn -1hp
No one appears to be poisoned

Fenris

Adventurer
Kerin leans down and lays his hand upon Lily's shoulder where the spider bit her, allowing the light of Pelor to heal her

OOC: Lay on hands: heals 4 hp

With the spiders vanquished, Kerin returns to cutting down the rest of the cocoons.

"The forest here will be safer for people and animals for a while now I suspect."

WarShrike

First Post
"I've had enough for several lifetimes worth of spiders today! GET OFF OF ME!" roars Xaros as he drops his crossbow, grabs a spider in each hand and hurls them at trhe nearest tree. Or tries to. :)

Dekana

Explorer
"My thanks, Kerin." she politely tells the paladin. "And I agree; with the fountain running again, there will be many travelers coming through this forest to visit. Our actions here will save many of their lives." Lily glances over at Xaros, who is still struggling with the tiny spiders. Oh right, there's more of them! She strides over to the thrown spiders and repeatedly tries to smash them like like prairie dogs peeking out of their burrows.

After the remaining spiders have been dispatched, Lily says "Let's get that poor soul out of the cocoon before more of these vermin drop out on top of us."

Remove ads