• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

To the noble BORN 6/9/08 (finished)

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
“um the Baron of some place called Southwick. They used to sell salt, and um he left a letter saying whoever cleaned up his house could have his title. The letter is about 12 years old. So I think we are going to go find more information first. We haven’t decided who gets to be baron if we clean the place, or Baroness I suppose. Lily has the letter if you want to read it “
Keef explains after a pause.

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
Lily hands the official-looking scroll to Cait with a sheepish green. Best not to ask about the state of mind of people who can turn into giant cats. she thinks. Whether or not she was responsible for Cait's temporary madness, Lily quickly puts the matter behind her.
After handing over the scroll, she takes a minute to examine the other 2 scrolls she recovered.

ooc: Does she recognize them as magical? Edit: To clarify, she knows they detect magic from the spell she cast before, but can she identify what spells they might produce if read?
BTW, your link in the last post is broken. enworld.orD vs .orG I believe.

Last edited:

Jack of Tales

First Post
Fountain?

The druid tilts her head to the side and watches Rayburn with green eyes contemplating how to answer the question.No. Do we know where it's located? Although I suppose not if you are asking me. She hesitates for a moment and reads the scroll handed to her by Lily. She gives the halfling a nod and a quick smile.

Sounds like we should go to either Eerie or Forstel first.

She looks from one to the other before her gaze falls on the fountain. So...did anyone try it?

[sblock]
I suppose I'll try an untrained general Int check on 'remembering' either Southwick, Eerie, Forstel, or the le Morstens family.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
ooc: Indeed she does! One casting available.

Lily recalls a cantrip, taught to her by the plump Father Cobblefeet of her order, which grants her the power to decipher magical texts. After casting the spell, she examines the two scrolls again.

[sblock=spells]0 (4): Detect Magic, Detect Magic, Light, Read Magic
1 (3+1): Doom, Magic Weapon, Obscuring Mist, (Sanctuary)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
the scrolls each contain a single spell of more than negligable power: Prayer and Invisbility Sphere. Some of you have heard that such a prayer can change the crucial first minute in the clash of troops.
Cait you have never heard of Southwick or the Le Morsten family. You have however, heard of salt. OOC: roll = not so good.

knight_isa

First Post
[sblock]
Evilhalfling said:
You have however, heard of salt. OOC: roll = not so good.
LOL! Thank you, Evilhalfling. That was great. :D [/sblock]
Rayburn looks from person to person, questioning. "So... does anyone have a preference about what to do next? I'm thinking that we should head towards Southwick. We can stop somewhere along the way to find maps or directions, and I imagine that the people that live near Southwick would know more about what may have happened there."

Jack of Tales

First Post
[sblock] Well at least she's not a complete ditz! "Can you please pass the...:):):):) what is that again?"[/sblock]

Cait jumps (or rather clambers awkwardly) onto her horse and grins. Let's go! There's adventure to be had! She purposely spins the words to make they come out hokey and over-enthused.

Dekana

Explorer
"These other scrolls will produce magical effects if read correctly. One creates an effect weakens our enemies' attacks while bolstering our own - either myself or Kerin can properly activate it. The other" - she hands the scroll to Xaros - "is an arcane spell that produces a sphere of invisibility." [Rayburn would be able to use the scroll as well]

Lily hops onto the saddle of her pony while holding back a laugh. "Well said Cait! The day is young and so are we."

Remove ads