To the noble BORN 6/9/08 (finished)

WarShrike

First Post
"Besides, if the Count didn't care about the deaths of peasants, he certainly wouldn't care about yours." says Xaros as he manuvers to get his companions out of his line of fire and shoots Oakly again. "If" Xaros adds with an appologetic look towards Rayburn.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
"In any case I," wack. "uh." thump.

Kerin hits him again, and Mr Oakly falls face first on the ground.
Lily's arrow grazes him as he goes down. Rayburn's stab was too cautious and didn't land.

In the background Cait chants and wraps the rose bush around most of the mercanries, who are still dealing with the after-effects of Rayburn's spell.

The two mercanries with the horses managed to mount while you were concentrating on Mr. Oalky and they gallop off. (200')

ooc:
Kerin 15-4+9 (7 non leathal damage)
Lilly 19+4 (1 damage)
Rayburn 17+2=19 (miss)
Xaros 11+4=1(miss)

see OOC thread.

Rayburn [sblock]Unless Mr.Oakly tried to kill you, against his orders, your father will probably spare him. The Count is not one to waste useful men.[/sblock]

Fenris

Adventurer
OOC: EH, a family emergency came up and I will be out of town until late Saturday, feel free to NPC Kerin in the meantime.

Kerin sighs as Oakly falls. "So now we have a prisoner, whom you seem to know Rayburn?"

knight_isa

First Post
"He's my father's captain of the guard." Rayburn studies the fallen figure for a moment, then continues, thoughtful. "He was likely telling the truth about testing us. In all likelihood, he wasn't supposed to kill us outright. Just make things difficult in a possibly lethal manner."

Rayburn turns to Kerin. "Do you remember my little spiel to Baron Westwig that made him let us go? It was probably entirely true."

Dekana

Explorer
Lily slings her bow. "I don't understand. Isn't there enough danger on the road for us to be tested without an outright attack at your father's request?"

knight_isa

First Post
"No, there isn't. When most of the current nobility were our age, there was a lot of feuding. It was a dangerous time. Quite frankly, I think my father... no, all of our parents are a bit jealous that we haven't faced 'real' danger and they think that we're not capable of, well, anything because of it.

"Don't you remember Baron Westwig's comments about how he could pick a worthy heir since he'd managed to get his sons all killed off? And don't you remember what I said to make him let us go? It would surprise me if this 'mission' wasn't engineered to, shall we say, weed out the unworthy.

"So, what are we going to do with all these mercenaries?"

Fenris

Adventurer
"We will let them go. They surrendered to us in good faith and shall not be harmed. They shall surrender their weapons and then may leave. As for Mr. Oakly here, let us have some rope, for his hands. And I shll have some sharp words for your father Rayburn, higher rank or no, if your theory proves correct." says Kerin.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Kerin said:
"We will let them go. They surrendered to us in good faith and shall not be harmed. They shall surrender their weapons and then may leave.
"That's generous terms sir," calls one of the mercenaries in the rosebush. "I don't believe its a secret that our employer there wanted only 5 men at first, but hired the rest of us only yesterday. He like many who come to the guild he would have carried a letter with a house seal, but I didn't see that myself. If you would be willing to leave us our bows as well, a couple of us drink in the Last Hounds tavern on Friday's and talk about our hires...."

Kerin said:

As for Mr. Oakly here, let us have some rope, for his hands. And I shll have some sharp words for your father Rayburn, higher rank or no, if your theory proves correct."
says Kerin.

You tie up Mr. Oakly, he will probably be out for a few hours, putting him on a wagon or horse?

Previous Story Summary
Baron Westwig - a quick man with a rope.

Last edited:

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
The Epilogue

Returning to the court of Hathawick, the captured One-eye (Mr. Oakly) in tow, you hear further rumors that confirm that the Southwick Barony is currently held by the Ah-He goblin tribe. Taking it back might involve borrowing/hiring an army of troops, or sneaking in on raids against the leaders including a blue goblin chief .
With luck one of you might eventually take the rulership of the barony.
With bad luck this would be Keef.

Remove ads