D&D 3E/3.5 Today's article on 3.5 ed. rangers

Mjollnir

First Post
Have you read it? I have to say I don't like at all the idea of a ranger reduced to wielding two scimitars as a two blade system combat. Why specifically scimitars? Because of Drizzt? We should remember Drizzt began his days training as a fighter and then evolve to ranger in the surface when he had already chosen scimitar as his favourite weapon. But Drizzt, though a big one, is only one character. The rest of rangers shouldn't be built in the same way. Instead of weapon finesse/specialization/... on scimitars, why not a plural way? Let us decide how we want our ranger. I personally like the idea of a ranger wielding two long swords, I might also like the idea of wielding a long/short sword way. I'm sure you can imagine other ways and if someone thinks that would create an overpoweful character, I'm sure we can find solutions, ie: If you want a ranger with two long swords you would have to choose Ambidexterity and Two-Weapon Fighting feats as true feats, no feats-like powers you gain for class,... Well, opinions?

tensen

First Post
For those that are in countries that don't do such things.
Today is generally a joke day. All articles on the front page are intended as humor.

DarkSoldier

First Post
A friendly reminder:

NEVER TAKE ANYTHING SERIOUSLY ON THIS DAY

If you do, you will make stupid mistakes, assume things that are completely erroneous, and generally make an April fool of yourself.

That's why I hate this day.

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
That idiot drow ranger, Drizz't,
a sword in each skinny drow fizz't,
Is, in three point five ed
Now the model, I dread,
for rangers. Oh man, am I pizz't!

Daniel

Remove ads