Todd Lockwood Contest [QUARTERFINALISTS ANNOUNCED]

KingOfChaos

First Post
Something just occured to me about the way the final voting is being done for this contest. It maybe a little unfair since a lot of the entries were submitted by members with a lot of posts. I, for instance, do not post at EN World as much as the other entrants and I fear that may somehow affect the way the voting turns out.

Wouldn't it be better if Todd picked the final winner instead? That way the contest would be more about the character itself instead of a popularity contest on who has more influence at the forums?

Just 2 cents..

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Kai Lord said:

6. Antares Dlardrageth
:)

Weeeee! Go Antaros, go!

Also, it seems that I have made a terrible mistake: ;) I mispelled his name!

It's Antaros, not Antares, sorry.

(I might add that I didn't steal the name from Master of Orion 2, at least not consciously. I've seen that similiarity only a couple of days ago when I saw that "Master of Orion II - Battle at Antares" poster on a friend's wall)

This is a nice Name for one of his aliases, though (In his arrogance he thinks that the humans never get that one, so his main aliases are named Antar and Tarios at the moment)

Kai Lord

Hero
KingOfChaos said:
Something just occured to me about the way the final voting is being done for this contest. It maybe a little unfair since a lot of the entries were submitted by members with a lot of posts. I, for instance, do not post at EN World as much as the other entrants and I fear that may somehow affect the way the voting turns out.

Wouldn't it be better if Todd picked the final winner instead? That way the contest would be more about the character itself instead of a popularity contest on who has more influence at the forums?
Well I don't know you from Adam and you made the first cut, so why not have a little faith that the best character will win? ;)

Don't worry, the poll won't be that official, I'm just going to send the Final 10 back to Todd and say "and these are the three that got the most votes on ENWorld". It might sway him to choose one of the three, and that is the idea of the poll, but he might surprise us.

If he ends up going with a character that didn't make it into the Top 3, then we'll just have to consider those 3 as winning the ENWorld "Mr./Ms. Congeniality" award. :cool:

It'll be cool. Trust me. :)

A'koss

Explorer
WOW! :eek:

I got both of my characters in there!! Sweet.

Personally, I hope Todd just picks the one that he *really* wants to draw. I would rather see a poll "after the fact" for the most popular here...

Again, great contest Kai Lord, kudos!

Cheers,

A'koss.

(Go Mejin!)
(Go Grenloke!)

A'koss said:
Personally, I hope Todd just picks the one that he *really* wants to draw. I would rather see a poll "after the fact" for the most popular here...

I have to agree with A'koss... I am not much of an artist (even though most of my family members make me sick with jealousy), but I do know that it is much easier, and much more enjoyable for an artist to draw something that s/he likes rather than something that was given to them. :)

So I say: "Todd, draw who you want the most to capture!"

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases