D&D 5E Tomb of Annihilation campaign recaps

Rabbitbait

Adventurer
I'd prefer for the King to attack and retreat, and they know it is constant threat in the city. Also, i would personally have it resurrected at a later date, or another dino is upgraded to the King, so that there would always be one in Omu.

In part two of the encounter he did that. Teleported in, bit and grappled someone, and then teleported out - with the victim still in his jaws. None of the characters in my game are bags of hit-points, so the character in the jaws only had 1 hp left. The only reason he survived is because I kept the teleport as being line-of-sight.

Good idea on Drungulungalungulung. I'd be tempted to do the same, but have worked out a back story for the return of one of the characters whose player has been away for 6 months. He was captured and taken there. The player should be returning later this month.

Nebulous

Legend
Here's a wee side adventure that explains where one of the characters has been for the last month and a bit. One of our players has come back to New Zealand after six months in Japan so is keen to get gaming again with the same character.

https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7379246/side-adventure-where-was-burp

I was reading over the whole Drungulung section of the book again today. I think I'll have the grungs in Omu take it to Groak for extra protection, or Groak asks for it as part of the ritual to summon Nangnang. The two scenarios are really easy to meld together. And at 6th level now, the PCs could fireball the hell out the grungs and wipe out most of them.

Nebulous

Legend
So, I didn't realize assassin vines were so dangerous! The invisible cleric wandered into a ruin filled with them - alone - and only because the vines missed their attacks, and AoO, did she escape alive.

Nebulous

Legend
WELL...the King of the Feathers has been encountered! The ranger was so goddamn lucky, the dino missed two bite attacks at close range and then the ranger fled into narrow streets and escaped both it and a marauding swarm of killer wasps. His bonus Disengage also let him avoid two AoO

Rabbitbait

Adventurer
Here's the latest journal entry for my campaign: https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7388463/days-113-114-into-the-fane-of-the-night-serpent

I had an airship crash into the city, purely as a supply for new characters if any of the characters die in the near future. Things seem to be getting more and more dangerous so I wanted a good supply of potential characters in case of deaths. That said, there are now two NPCs in the party and if they come across the dungeon in the Fane of the Night serpent then there will be more options.

Nebulous

Legend
I might try running this next. Enjoyed the recaps. My PC's are level 6 though so the start after Port N might need speeding up a bit.

You will miss a lot of very interesting encounters! I would suggest cherry picking the ones you like best and beef them up, and then get them to Omu fairly fast. The environmental dangers of the jungle in D&D are pretty negligible once they can create food and water and cure disease.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases