Touch of Healing - How does it work?

Kmart Kommando said:
We had a cleric too. But it was a large party and there wasn't enough spells to go around. At least, not for 4 encounters per day standard. Seems like anything over 2 encounters per day and someone bites it, sometimes even more than 1. And lowering the EL makes the bigger party walk all over everything. It's one of the reasons I run Iron Heroes instead. We have a smaller party for that game, though, and I'm still trying to dial in the EL.

Did you have any wands of CLW or Lesser Vigour for out-of-combat healing? I thought they were considered standard for almost all groups.

Olaf the Stout

Kmart Kommando

First Post
Olaf the Stout said:
Did you have any wands of CLW or Lesser Vigour for out-of-combat healing? I thought they were considered standard for almost all groups.

Olaf the Stout
Funny thing about those though.. they are pretty much assumed to be readily available, but they never are. :\

I kept putting the word out about Lesser Vigor wands, but everyone always wants CLW. This is the same group that min/maxes everything to get the most out of their gold, but then takes CLW over Lesser Vigor. :uhoh:

I gave my Iron Heroes party a healing disc that would transfer 1 reserve point per Hit Die of the user to hit points of the target (currently 5 hit points, 5th level) as a standard action, all day long, but they don't even want to use it. And an IH Healing Potion heals 4hp/HD. Most of the party has some form of more-or-less-instant in-combat healing of a sort, even without magic.

Jack Simth

First Post
Kmart Kommando said:
Funny thing about those though.. they are pretty much assumed to be readily available, but they never are. :\
That's because way too many parties aren't balanced and don't do cooperation, or don't have down-time. It takes a day (8 hours, really) 375 gp, and 30 xp for the Wizard and Cleric to get together and Craft one. At low levels, it'll last a few levels. At high levels, it'll last a few encounters. Either way, it more than covers it's own expense.

Slaved

First Post
I would rather spend a feat to get the Vigor Draconic Aura than take the Touch of Healing feat. It will do the same thing out of Combat and it might actually help sometimes while in Combat! :D :cool: :D

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Slaved said:
I would rather spend a feat to get the Vigor Draconic Aura than take the Touch of Healing feat.
If you're thinking about the feat in Dragon magic, that's not an available aura choice. Only way to get Vigor is a level of Dragon Shaman.

Cheers, -- N

Slaved

First Post
Nifft said:
If you're thinking about the feat in Dragon magic, that's not an available aura choice. Only way to get Vigor is a level of Dragon Shaman.

Cheers, -- N

It is not a normal choice but I believe most Dungeon Masters would allow it. I certainly would if I was the Dungeon Master and all of the Dungeon Masters I know would allow it.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Slaved said:
It is not a normal choice but I believe most Dungeon Masters would allow it. I certainly would if I was the Dungeon Master and all of the Dungeon Masters I know would allow it.
Then lucky you. Nonetheless, by the RAW, it's not a valid choice.

(My opinion of what the RAW says is not always the same as what is fair and balanced.)

Cheers, -- N

the Jester

Legend
Slaved said:

Not me.

I think Touch of Healing is prolly fine, but I haven't seen anyone use it yet.

Patlin

Explorer
At low to moderate levels, healing up to half with touch of healing and then using Mass Lesser Vigor works pretty well. Very efficient, if you have the time. If you have the time, though, there are a lot of other options too. For example, what spell can a 5th level Wizard cast to heal his whole party and restore their spells and abilities? Completely core, no splatbooks involved.

[sblock]Extended Rope Trick[/Sblock]

Remove ads