Touch of Healing - How does it work?

Folly

First Post
Extended Rope Trick is a 3rd level spell.

Kmart Kommando-
Depends on how you define large party. Some say a large party is 6 players, while other consider large to be more than 6. But if the party is large enough to tap out the cleric the party should be contributing to a pearl of power 1 pool. 1k for 15 hp per day and additional utility if healing is not needed goes a long way as well. If party size really isn't the issue but damage being taken by the party then the party should build sturdier characters.

Folly said:

Kmart Kommando-
Depends on how you define large party. Some say a large party is 6 players, while other consider large to be more than 6. But if the party is large enough to tap out the cleric the party should be contributing to a pearl of power 1 pool. 1k for 15 hp per day and additional utility if healing is not needed goes a long way as well. If party size really isn't the issue but damage being taken by the party then the party should build sturdier characters.

A Belt of Healing would be better (although it doesn't have the same utility of a Pearl of Power).

750gp for 6d8 healing (average 27 points) is better value for money.

Olaf the Stout

Patlin

Explorer
Olaf the Stout said:
A Belt of Healing would be better (although it doesn't have the same utility of a Pearl of Power).

750gp for 6d8 healing (average 27 points) is better value for money.

Olaf the Stout

Minor Schemas of Lesser Vigor: 200 gp, 22 hp per day.

Kmart Kommando

First Post
Folly said:

Kmart Kommando-
Actually, I guess you'd call it a huge party. Had I think 7-8 players during the half-to-all-dead trend, and during an Age of Worms campaign, up to 9 players. In a party that size, a pimped-out Healer trumps a cleric in keeping the party up and fighting. Oh, and every character is built for survival, the DM's favorite thing was massive amounts of damage, all the time. Any enemy combatant was a 3 round supernova, stacked to the gills with synergy cheese.

Folly

First Post
Kmart Kommando said:
Actually, I guess you'd call it a huge party. Had I think 7-8 players during the half-to-all-dead trend, and during an Age of Worms campaign, up to 9 players. In a party that size, a pimped-out Healer trumps a cleric in keeping the party up and fighting. Oh, and every character is built for survival, the DM's favorite thing was massive amounts of damage, all the time. Any enemy combatant was a 3 round supernova, stacked to the gills with synergy cheese.

That would be a tough job for your cleric. Rough campaign with a lot of charges. I would request some of the gold be set aside for healing items, whether they be wands, pearls, or some other item.

Folly

First Post
Pearls have the advantage of versatility. They can be 15 hp, or they can be any other level 1 spell your party has used. (Paladin + pearl 1 + lesser restoration is awesome)

Remove ads