• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Toys to be used with our Games?

pawsplay

Hero
Dollar stores ARE a great place for these -but it should be noted that if there are children in the place where you play, care should be taken. Many of the toys that end up in dollar stores are there for a reason, and China has recently been responsible for many substandard products that endanger our children.

Whereas if a thirty year old UNIX hacker eats a rust monster, he or she pretty much gets what they deserve.

Frost

First Post
Weapons & Warriors is a game similar to Crossbows & Catapults, as suggested by Treebore. I have used some of the figures in my game. The sets seem to be going fairly cheaply these days.

Weapons & Warriors

UluLives

First Post
Cut up some wood...

If you have access to a chop saw or have some extra elbow grease - we cut up 1/2" boards into various sizes to indicate the actual size of a critter. Set anything on top and the block of wood indicates the face of the creature....

Rechan

Adventurer
If you haven't seen me hawk it in one of the dozen other threads I've done it already, check out the Descent: Journeys in the Dark boardgame. It's got eighty (80) miniatures in a wide variety of adventurer and creature types, a wicked cool snap together dungeon that is infinitely configurable, a TON of counters that you can use to denote terrain, effects and conditions. It is the best thing I've ever bought for RPG gaming that wasn't an RPG game.
Have you seen any of the expansions for Descent? WHat kinda tiles/terrain do they offer, and monsters too?

How many tiles does the regular Descent game offer?

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Have you seen any of the expansions for Descent? WHat kinda tiles/terrain do they offer, and monsters too?

How many tiles does the regular Descent game offer?

I have two of the expansions (Well of Darkness and Altar of Despair) and, for that reason, I'd be hard pressed to tell you how many tiles the base set has because they've all become intermingled. All I can say is that it has quite a few. Enough to make a dungeon that will barely fit on an average sized coffee table.

Each expansion comes with new hero minis as well as new monsters. Some of the monsters include Ferrox (kind of like goblins), Kobolds, Giant Apes, Golems, Dark Elves and Cultists.

darjr

I crit!
Would you say Decent is worth it for this stuff alone? I'm not knocking the game, mind, it's just I'd rather play D&D.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads