Training for Peace

E

eriwoj

Leaving the old man to his own devices at the window, the elf makes his way to where the other two sit. He smiles at the young man.

"I have learned what I needed from the old man. I have decided. I shall train you as the letter has asked, but it will be in my own way, in my own time," he addresses the youth, "I am so happy that we are in a tavern. It is the perfect place to begin your training. You may not understand, now but in time you will."

D

Demetrious

Demetrious nods slowly at Eriwoj's words as he thanks him for his help.

"When I was young, the wise ones of my village told me that a warriors strength comes not from his sword arm, but from his heart." A great sadness fleetingly overtakes him. "And by this wisdom my strength is paltry indeed..."

Demetrious is still absentmindedly holding the wooden flute in his hands. He turns to Stardust.

"But one of the dread creatures you name attacked me, and it lives still. I was on my way here, to this tavren with my letter when a voice from the deep shadows on the side of the road ordered me to stop. It was in a place where the path traveled through a small thicket of trees. I stopped, with my hand on my rapier hilt, and stated my name and buisness. Oftentimes bandits will simply put a cloud of arrows into a traveler from the saftey of the bushes, so I was on the balls of my feet, ready to dodge left or right, and prepared to draw my crossbow. My percations were well advised, for no sooner were my words out of my mouth then that... creature came out of the bushes at me at a tremendous speed. I drew my bow and put a quarrel into it's abdomen but it took no notice and soon I was dodging it's blows as well as I could."

Demetrious takes a deep breath and sets his flute down on the table.

"The thing must be used to slower prey, for it could not manage to hit me. I finally gained enough room and time to draw my weapon and stab it in the spider part. It let out a horrendous scream and fled."

Demetrious leans back, seeming slightly shaken by the retelling. Looking distantly at the far wall, he adresses both elves:

"I know not what to make of this, or why such a creatue would come aboveground if it mainly resides below, as you say Stardust. I know little or nothing of these creatures. What do you gentelmen think of this?"

E

Eminenz

Shivering hands hold the warm cup of tea and restless eyes watch the endless sky.
The old man hestitates to drink his tea as he listen,he nods slowly and after a few moments he sips his tea.
o O (Must be the motivation i once had as i was young,must be the will to change this world......must be a gift to be able to remember" )

E

eriwoj

"I know not of such a creature as you have described. Yet, I trust to it you tell the truth and with blood on a sword as proof I must accept your speach. I would not recomend trying to return to fight this monster, but instead to prolong your life through learning so that should you again meet such a formidable opponant you shall be able to over come it easily. I know I sound as if I have no interest, but indeed I do. I have only to bring you into the calm I feel as well and a good place to start is with this," the elf rises and walks over to Demetrious' side. Grasping the flute firmly but gentally he offers it back to its owner and half asking, half comanding says, "Play us something."

D

Demetrious

Demetrious seems all to glad to to drop the subject of the Drider, but not before chuckling at the notion that he would ever want to face the dread creature again. He hesitatates only a moment to adjust the head joint of his instrument before launching into a bright, cheerful tune that skips over the tavern's tables and chairs and vaults itself towards the ceiling.

His fingers fly as he plays through the song, putting added emphasis into each accent and dynamic. He finishes the tune and takes the flute down from lips that now smile in delight. He looks at Eriwoj.

"Anything else"?

E

Eminenz

He seems like a statue as he stands at the window,his gaze focused on the sky,but for a moment he smiles as he listens to the elfen tune.
o O (...its been too long since i last heared this......)
The old man nods to himself,still listening as his hands slowly stop shivering.....

D

Demetrious

Demetrious starts to play again, this time launching into a long, sweet love song. The gentle tones sweep around the room, enveloping everyone present in it's beauty. A few patrons at nearby tables cease their conversation for a moment to listen to the music. The major intervals sing of beauty and love, whilst the minor tones tell of sadness and loss. The tune ends on a high trill after a slow buildup- the lover found his love again at last!

E

eriwoj

"You are trainable for you already have disapline. I am glad of it. What say you a little recognition for your performance?" the elf then jumps up on the table and announces to the entire crowd, "You may not know me, and in some instances I am glad of it, but I ask if there be any other bards in this room let them come forward to stake a claim in entertaining all in the most musical way. But in the meantime allow me to introduce tonight's feature preformer, Demetrious."

He bends down to his new pupil and offers his hand to help the young man up.

E

Eminenz

Sighs as he listen,as his eyes notice the reflection of his face on the glass of the window he pulls his hood over his face.

Remove ads