• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Travel back to the 1980s with me! *UPDATED*

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Ace said:
Nice sheet ? Whats with the 10th level spells though?

Agreed.

Yeah, yeah, I know there's such a thing as 10th level spell slots, but do you really think the 10th level spells known box is more useful than... oh, I dunno... 0-level spells?

Torm

Explorer
focallength said:
the only people that want to go back to the 80's are the people that didnt live it. Trust me on this...you didnt miss anything.
Sorry to disagree, but I'd quite happily go back to 1987. After glasnost meant we could all be pretty sure the nukes weren't coming any second, and before the stock market crash showed people that the economy wasn't as strong as they were thinking, there was a Golden Time, when D&D was still more magic than math, big hair and neon clothes were the shiznit (and they didn't use the word "shiznit"), and the future was so bright, ya had to wear shades. ;)

Good times, good times. :)

whydirt

First Post
Looks fun; good work!

Though shouldn't you have a box for 0-Level Known spells in place of the 10th-Level spells on the 2nd page?

edit: oops, beaten to the punch

D+1

First Post
Nice sheet, but like others I think I'll stick with Irishman's Necro Games or Judges Guild sheets. If you want a few nitpicks;

The "arrow" box for initiative ought to point right to left. Why? Well it just should that's all. A few faint lines in some of the boxes (like the "Feats" box) would be good to assist the user in keeping the sheet looking clean and organized.

I'd still be designing my own character sheets (I've made plenty of them for various versions of the game and including house rules elements) if the Mad Irishman hadn't finally condensed everything *I* wanted to see in a character sheet on the NG and JG sheets and saved me the trouble.

n3dst4

First Post
focallength said:
the only people that want to go back to the 80's are the people that didnt live it. Trust me on this...you didnt miss anything.

No way man, that's when I learnt to roleplay! Ducking out of soccer practice so I could sit in the school library with a Elmore-cover red box and a few other nascent geeks :)

Granted, I'm glad I wasn't trying to be a grown up in the 80s.

n3dst4

First Post
Wulf Ratbane said:
Agreed.

Yeah, yeah, I know there's such a thing as 10th level spell slots, but do you really think the 10th level spells known box is more useful than... oh, I dunno... 0-level spells?

Gnngh... grrrr.... GAAAH! *headbutts keyboard"

TheAuldGrump

First Post
focallength said:

*Sigh* Sometimes I want to go back to the late '60s... but that would mean having to drive through the '80s and the '70s, so it really wouldn't be worth the trip.

The Auld Grump, groovy, what is with this groovy?

diaglo

Adventurer
TheAuldGrump said:
*Sigh* Sometimes I want to go back to the late '60s... but that would mean having to drive through the '80s and the '70s, so it really wouldn't be worth the trip.

The Auld Grump, groovy, what is with this groovy?

i don't know mang, half the time i'm at the mall nowadays i'm having flashbacks. not 'Nam induced ones. but disco induced ones.

kids wearing the stuff i did.

gah. if it wasn't for the Dunlap around my waist i'd still be out there doing the Hustle...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads