• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Triple Play [IC]

solkan_uk

First Post
Veins dashes off after Machete, unashamedly using him as cover in his approach, as Machete readies his shotgun Veins blasts off a shot, surprising himself with an uncannily accurate shot.
[Sblock=OOC]
Initiative. (1d20+3=19)
Delay and move up behind Machete

2nd round.
Continues to follow Machete and fires off a shot from his Colt.
Attack roll (1-2/19-20) -1 recoil penalty (factored) (1d20=20)
Spend 1 AD to cause failed damage save (I'm assuming they've only got 1 anyway)
That should render damage irrelevant but just in case.
Damage Roll (1d12=5)
[/sblock]

Psion

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]
I'm going to assume that first round, Leadfoot and Saint move up 30 ft behind you two and take cover.
[/sblock]

As Machete and Veins roll forward, Leadfoot and Saint bring up the rear.

The lackeys unleash a volley of fire on the agents as they approach.

[sblock=OOC]
Each lackey lets loose with 2 bursts, one at each agent. Rolling in order of targets
Machete, Veins, Leadfoot, Saint, and assuming 3/4 cover for the last 2:

Lackey shots; -2 on last 4 (1d20+1=12, 1d20+1=2, 1d20+1=11, 1d20+1=4, 1d20+1=5, 1d20+1=11, 1d20+1=3, 1d20+1=15)

Yeah, they suck. Now you know why lackeys never hit in movies... there's 2 errors in there if anyone wants to activate them.
[/sblock]

A rain of bullets causes multiple explosions of splinters around the agents... one uncomfortably close to Saint's face.

The man who appears to be the leader--he looks to match the profile picture for Al Liby--pulls out a shotgun and lets loose on the approaching agents.

[sblock=OOC]
Al Liby takes 2 shots at the agents in the lead, adding 1 action dice to each shot.

Al Liby shotgun, -2 for 1 range increment (1d20+5-2=7, 1d20+5-2=8)

Al Liby action dice (1d8=7, 1d8=2)
= 14 and 10.

To quote Maxwell Smart, "missed it by THAT much."
[/sblock]

More hapless logs on the pier explode in splinters.

Machete and Veins return fire. The lackey being targeted by Machete ducks behind cover just in time, but Veins' shot takes the other lackey on the Pier down.

Saint and Leadfoot fire from their positions.
[sblock=OOC]
Shots by Leadfoot; Saint; 2 range increments (1d20+4-4=3, 1d20+1-4=17)

Looks like Saint scored a palpable hit. Assuming Saint was firing with the Colt 1911A1 due to range:
Saint damage (1d12=11)

A palpable hit indeed...
Minion damage save (1d20+6=13)
[/sblock]

Saint wings one of the minions on the boat and he goes down.

Al Liby and the two remaining minions return fire on the closest targets
[sblock=OOC]
The first minion fires on Veins, the second on Machete
Minion attack rolls (1d20+1=11, 1d20+1=14, 1d20+1=19, 1d20+1=15)
It looks like Veins and Machete have both been hit once.
Machete:
Minion damage (3d6=12)
-11 = 1 point.
Veins:
Minion damage (3d6=11)
Unless I'm missing something on your character sheet, that'll JUST take out your vitality, which should leave you fatigued.

Al Liby's attack with the shotgun
Al Liby shotgun attacks (1d20+5-2=12, 1d20+5-2=7)
He'll drop an action dice on the first:
Al Liby action dice (1d8=7)
For a total of 19; that'll hit machete.

Al Liby shotgun damage (2d12=18)
-11 = 7 points on machete after the armor.

This attack has the Takedown quality and Al Liby has "This... is my boomstick", so Machete is automatically pushed back 5 feet and must make a fortitude save DC22 or become sprawled.
[/sblock]

One rifle shot wings Veins; Machete takes a shotgun blast full in the chest and is hurled back...

[sblock=All]
Machete, make your save.

Then everyone may take their actions for round 3
[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
Machete is thrown back by the shotgun blast.

He gets up, pride hurt more than anything else, and returns fire.

[sblock=Machete Round 3]
Fort Save: fort save vs dc 22 (1d20+6=17) - FAILS

Half Action - Machete gets up from sprawled

Half Action - Machete fires at al-Liby: ranged attack (shotgun) (1d20+5=13) ** This attack has the Takedown quality **
Note: I'm not sure on the range from Machete to al-Liby, but I figure if he doesn't have a range penalty to hit Machete, the converse is likely true. Feel free to deduct 2 from the above if necessary.

Damage Roll (if necessary): dmg roll (2d12=3) LOL nice rolls :(
[/sblock]

Psion

Adventurer
Insight said:
[sblock=Machete Round 3]
Half Action - Machete fires at al-Liby: ranged attack (shotgun) (1d20+5=13) ** This attack has the Takedown quality **
Note: I'm not sure on the range from Machete to al-Liby, but I figure if he doesn't have a range penalty to hit Machete, the converse is likely true. Feel free to deduct 2 from the above if necessary.
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Actually, I think I goofed up. 1 single move + 2 single moves = 90' closer, -5ft for knockback = you are within 15'.

Not that it matters; Al Liby's defense is > 13.

Side note/reminder: You did have an action point awarded to you, not that I'd waste it to inflict 3 damage.

Waiting on any other declarations for round 3
[/sblock]

solkan_uk

First Post
Veins swears as the bullet tears through his jacket, and dashes for cover, returning fire once he feels a little safer.
[sblock=OOC]
Veins spends 1/2 action moving for better cover (assuming there is any) and goes into a crouch (non-adjacent attacks -1 to hit me, 1/2 movement speed).
If he still has time he'll take another shot - presuming I've got no chance against Al-Liby I'll target a minion.
However I can't access Invisible Castle at the moment, if you trust me I roll:
11-2(fatigue)=9 to hit, which I can't see being a hit anyway - but feel free to roll the dice yourself if you don't trust me ;-)
[/sblock]

Psion

Adventurer
solkan_uk said:
Veins swears as the bullet tears through his jacket, and dashes for cover, returning fire once he feels a little safer.
[sblock=OOC]
Veins spends 1/2 action moving for better cover (assuming there is any) and goes into a crouch (non-adjacent attacks -1 to hit me, 1/2 movement speed).
If he still has time he'll take another shot - presuming I've got no chance against Al-Liby I'll target a minion.
However I can't access Invisible Castle at the moment, if you trust me I roll:
11-2(fatigue)=9 to hit, which I can't see being a hit anyway - but feel free to roll the dice yourself if you don't trust me ;-)
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
If you don't move, you automatically have 1/2 cover and can take a 2nd shot. I'll roll it to move things along.

Veins 2nd attack roll (1d20+1-2=8)

No good, sorry.
[/sblock]

Veins ducks behinds a crate and fires some shots at the minions; both miss.

[sblock=Leadfoot and Saint actions]
Going to go ahead and do actions for Leadfoot and Saint.

Both move up and join you behind cover, and take a single shot
Attack rolls for leadfoot and saint (1d20+4=8, 1d20+1=13)
Saint hits a minion on the boat
Saint damage (1d12=10)
Lackey damage save (1d20+6=23)
Minion shrugs it off.
[/sblock]

Leadfoot and Saint move up and join veins behind a crate. Saint pops up and wings a lackey, but he grits his teeth and returns fire.

[sblock=Map]
(should have already done this)

Code:
. . . . . . . ^ . .
. . . . . . / . \ .
. . . . . . | . | .
. +-------+ | . | .
. | . t . | | . | .
. | O O . | t . | .
. | . . . | | A | .
. x . . . x +---+ .
. | O . . | . . . .
. | V O . | . . . .
. x S L M x . . . .
t = terrorist minion
a = Al Liby
M = Machete
L = Leadfoot
V = Veins
S = Saint

O = crates (1/2 cover)
x = log supports (1/4 cover)
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Minion attack rolls. (1d20+1=4, 1d20+1=2, 1d20+1=8, 1d20+1=19)

One minion fires back at veins and misses; the other fires at Saint and hits.
Minion damage. (AK-47) (3d6=12)
-6 for low profile armor = 5. Takes 5 out of remaining 10 vitality.

Al Liby takes one shot and ducks down as he moves to engage the boat's motor.
Al Liby shotgun attack (1d20+5=18)

He hits machete again.
Al Liby shotgun damage (2d12=11)

No damage, but again, a fort save or be sprawled (DC 15)
[/sblock]

As saint ducks back behind the crate, a bullet hits the corner. Splinter shower him as he turns away wincing.

Al Liby takes one more shot at Machete, hitting, and turns to engage the boat's motor.

[sblock=All]
Your turns.
[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
Psion said:
[sblock=OOC]
Minion attack rolls. (1d20+1=4, 1d20+1=2, 1d20+1=8, 1d20+1=19)

One minion fires back at veins and misses; the other fires at Saint and hits.
Minion damage. (AK-47) (3d6=12)
-6 for low profile armor = 5. Takes 5 out of remaining 10 vitality.

Al Liby takes one shot and ducks down as he moves to engage the boat's motor.
Al Liby shotgun attack (1d20+5=18)

He hits machete again.
Al Liby shotgun damage (2d12=11)

No damage, but again, a fort save or be sprawled (DC 15)
[/sblock]

As saint ducks back behind the crate, a bullet hits the corner. Splinter shower him as he turns away wincing.

Al Liby takes one more shot at Machete, hitting, and turns to engage the boat's motor.

[sblock=All]
Your turns.
[/sblock]

Machete shrugs off the shotgun blast and, drawing his trademark blade, charges forward. Finding the terrorist between himself and al-Liby, Machete smirks. "Shoulda got out of the way," he murmurs to the terrorist.

[sblock=Machete, Round 4]
First things first, the Fort save...
Fortitude Save: fort save vs dc15 (1d20+6=26) - SUCCESS!

Machete draws his, um, machete, and moves to the terrorist at the yacht's edge. He attacks the terrorist.
Half Action - Move 30ft
Half Action - Special Attack (Grapple): Machete is going to use his Battering Blows feat, using his Machete as the weapon. This is an opposed Athletics/Str check: opposed athletics/str check (1d20+8=23)
Note: For some reason, I didn't have the Battering Blows feat listed on my online character sheet, so I've edited it.
Damage Rolls - If Necessary: damage roll (battering blows) - includes bonus for darting weapon feat (1d8+2=10, 1d6+2=5, 1d6+2=8)

I don't have my book with me at work, so if that's not how the Battering Blows thing works, I'll fix it later on today.
[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
Psion said:
[sblock=Machete]
If you are referring to that "+" sign that I used to make the corner of the boat, that's not a terrorist. Al-Liby and one minion are on the boat; one minion is on the pier behind crates.

Did you want to go straight for Al-Liby?

Also, is your unarmed damage really D8?

Assuming you really were going to take out the minion on the edge of the boat:
Minion damage save (1d20+6=12)

He's toast.
[/sblock]

Machete piles into the minion and dispatches him with a few quick arcs with his weapon.

[sblock=OOC]The machete does 1d8+2; my unarmed dmg is 1d6+2, which I get twice since I have Darting Weapon.

Yeah, I'll go for al-Liby if there's no terrorist in the way.[/sblock]

Psion

Adventurer
Insight said:
[sblock=OOC]The machete does 1d8+2; my unarmed dmg is 1d6+2, which I get twice since I have Darting Weapon.

Yeah, I'll go for al-Liby if there's no terrorist in the way.[/sblock]

[sblock=Machete]
You get the weapon's damage twice, not your unarmed damage twice:

The Book said:
With success, you inflict your standard unarmed damage, followed by the weapon’s standard damage. If you also possess the Darting Weapon feat, you inflict the weapon’s damage a second time.

I'll nix the above and add results for Al-Liby presently.[/sblock]

Remove ads