• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Triple Play [IC]

"As far as we can tell, it was just an accident. Which in some ways is even more horrific. We're not sure who's behind it yet, either - it may quite possibly be this Shahada terrorist group who've been targeting you, looking to cover all their bases."

Insight

Adventurer
[sblock=Machete]
Init: init (1d20+7=18)

Machete is going to move into position. I don't know how far he needs to move before he can see someone, so let me know.

If he has an action left, Machete will fire at the nearest bad guy.

[/sblock]

Psion

Adventurer
Insight said:
[sblock=Machete]
Init: init (1d20+7=18)

Machete is going to move into position. I don't know how far he needs to move before he can see someone, so let me know.

If he has an action left, Machete will fire at the nearest bad guy.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Machete]If you are with the SUV, you start 100 feet away. Visual increment for wis 11 is 110 feet, -30 for dusk lighting = 80 ft. They are far enough to inflict a penalty on vision based checks, but they aren't hiding per se. You can see them.

There is some cover on the pier, but it only counts as 1/4 unless you stop for the full round.
[/sblock]

As Machete approaches, he can see two goons move behind crates near the end of the pier. Another joins his companions on the cabin cruiser.

As Machete approaches, Al Liby barks a command, and the goons raise previously hidden guns and open fire.

[sblock=OOC]
Minion attacks (with -2 for range/vision) (1d20-1=14, 1d20-1=3, 1d20-1=13, 1d20-1=6)
[/sblock]

Wood splinters as a rain of bullets arrive, and a scream issues from the frightened bystanders back by the SUV, but Machete avoided the worst of it.

[sblock=OOC, All]
Machete, go ahead and take your shot.

Leadfoot, Veins, Saint, feel free to roll init and declare your action; the villains have acted for the round. I'll make actions for you if you haven't posted by tonight.
[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
Ignoring bullets as they whiz past, Machete trundles forward, nearing his foes.

[sblock=Machete Round 1]At 100ft, Machete has no chance to hit with anything, so he's going to have to get closer. Double move I guess to get within 40ft, which gives Machete a much better chance to hit.

BTW, Machete is wearing his armor, so DEF 15.[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
OOC: Psion, I'm going to go ahead and post Round 2 so you can move things forward without needing to wait for me.

Next, Machete fires his shotgun at one of the guys crouching on the pier, then moves forward.

[sblock=Machete Round 2]
The following assumes that Machete is 40ft from the two guys on the pier.

1. Ranged Attack - Shotgun: ranged attack, -4 for range (1d20+1=7)

I'm going to assume that misses. 2 Ammo remain (Shotgun).

2. Move: Machete moves up another 30ft to within 15ft of the mooks hiding behind the crates.
[/sblock]

Psion

Adventurer
The Sullivan's Quarters

Mister Andersen said:
"As far as we can tell, it was just an accident. Which in some ways is even more horrific. We're not sure who's behind it yet, either - it may quite possibly be this Shahada terrorist group who've been targeting you, looking to cover all their bases."

Cassandra furrows her brow a bit, and and says "The terrorists kill my mother... just to frame my dad? Then how would have they issued payments from the company?" She is beginning to look somewhere between confused and skeptical.

Psion

Adventurer
Insight said:
Ignoring bullets as they whiz past, Machete trundles forward, nearing his foes.

[sblock=Machete Round 1]At 100ft, Machete has no chance to hit with anything, so he's going to have to get closer. Double move I guess to get within 40ft, which gives Machete a much better chance to hit.

BTW, Machete is wearing his armor, so DEF 15.[/sblock]

[sblock=Machete]
I was assuming you single moved up to 70 ft., but that'll work too.

As for round 2... is there some reason you wouldn't move THEN shoot? ;)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Cassandra furrows her brow a bit, and and says "The terrorists kill my mother... just to frame my dad? Then how would have they issued payments from the company?" She is beginning to look somewhere between confused and skeptical.

"No, we don't believe they had anything to do with your mother's death," Cleo explains again. "From what we can tell, the attempt to frame your father was entirely opportunistic. They would have gotten away with infiltrating and altering your accounting records if we hadn't been maintaining a real-time watch on all the financial transactions made by your family since your father authorised a similar action against a terrorist arms supplier a couple of years ago.

"Until my colleagues capture the members of the terrorist cell you... you've all been troubled by today, we can only conjecture as to their ultimate level of involvement in this case. They don't appear to be clever enough to be behind everything that's happened today."

Insight

Adventurer
Psion said:
[sblock=Machete]
I was assuming you single moved up to 70 ft., but that'll work too.

As for round 2... is there some reason you wouldn't move THEN shoot? ;)
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Not really, but those pathetic rolls, it doesn't really matter now does it :\ [/sblock]

Remove ads