• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Triple Play [IC]

Cleo glances at the SS man, sizes him up. "Agent, I need to brief the Senator on something that excedes your clearance level. You'll need to step outside and make sure no one enters until I tell you otherwise."

Psion

Adventurer
Mister Andersen said:
Cleo glances at the SS man, sizes him up. "Agent, I need to brief the Senator on something that excedes your clearance level. You'll need to step outside and make sure no one enters until I tell you otherwise."

The agent looks at the senator for confirmation. The senator nods. The agent makes motions to exit.

[sblock=OOC]
What about Katherine and Cassandra?
[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
Psion said:
The team makes all haste to the pier where Al Liby's boat was listed as being docked. Stopping a safe distance away and peering on with binoculars, the group can see that there is a cabin cruiser fitting the description. Some hands look like they are loading the boat.

Machete leaps out of the vehicle, drawing his shotgun. "C'mon," he says to the others. "We gotta catch him before he gets away!"

Without waiting, Machete heads down the pier, using cover where possible to conceal his approach.

Cleo waits until the agent has left, all the time keeping herself in a position to stop Cassie doing anything else rash.

"Your daughter Cassandra is quite the detective, Senator," she begins. There's respect in her voice. "From the slightest of clues gleaned from a few otherwise insignificant transactions that passed through the books of your daughters' company, she was able to identify and solve a murder. She found it before an entire floor of analysts manged it, but of course she had a better incentive than a ridiculous government salary.

"I'm of course talking about the death of her mother. That paper trail she found leads to the inescapable conclusion that you orchestrated the murder of your own wife, Senator, and that you laundered the payments through Atlantic Consulting along with the rest of your more dubious campaign donations.

"But that's what she was supposed to think. That paper trail you followed, Cassandra, was a carefully crafted fake engineered to bring down your father, and place the blame squarely on you."

[sblock=OOC]I'd like to make a Sense Motive/Innuendo check targeting the Sentor with "Play along or your arse is grass". A Networking/Endorsement and a Bluff/Lie check probably wouldn't be out of place either. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Psion

Adventurer
Mister Andersen said:
Cleo waits until the agent has left, all the time keeping herself in a position to stop Cassie doing anything else rash.

"Your daughter Cassandra is quite the detective, Senator," she begins. There's respect in her voice. "From the slightest of clues gleaned from a few otherwise insignificant transactions that passed through the books of your daughters' company, she was able to identify and solve a murder. She found it before an entire floor of analysts manged it, but of course she had a better incentive than a ridiculous government salary.

"I'm of course talking about the death of her mother. That paper trail she found leads to the inescapable conclusion that you orchestrated the murder of your own wife, Senator, and that you laundered the payments through Atlantic Consulting along with the rest of your more dubious campaign donations.

"But that's what she was supposed to think. That paper trail you followed, Cassandra, was a carefully crafted fake engineered to bring down your father, and place the blame squarely on you."

[sblock=OOC]I'd like to make a Sense Motive/Innuendo check targeting the Sentor with "Play along or your arse is grass". A Networking/Endorsement and a Bluff/Lie check probably wouldn't be out of place either. [/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
You're playing a dangerous, if clever, game... but I'll give you an action point for bravado. You may need it. :)

Before we move on, I need to know if you are going to usher Katherine out of the room for this.

And yeah... some skill checks will be needed. We'll start with the Sense Motive/Innuendo check targeting the Sentor and the Bluff/Deception check. After that, I'll have to decide whether networking or impress check is the next direction.
[/sblock]

Psion

Adventurer
Mister Andersen said:
[sblock=OOC]I think I'll let you pick up an AD and ask what Cleo's gut feeling is about keeping Kathy in the room is.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Redirect to OOC thread...
[/sblock]

"Katherine, I know that you must be dying of curiousity, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to call on your forebearance just a little while longer. Your father and sister have something they need to sort out and filling in the details for you right now won't help things, but they'll explain everything to you shortly."

Last edited:

Psion

Adventurer
Mister Andersen said:
"Katherine, I know that you must be dying of curiousity, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to call on your forebearance just a little while longer. Your father and sister have something they need to sort out and filling in the details for you right now won't help things, but they'll explain everything to you shortly."

Katherine appears too emotionally numb to care too much or really grip what has transpired. With a little help from a secret service agent, she weakly gets to her feet and makes her way out of the room.

[sblock=OOC]
Make the Bluff/Deception and Sense Motive/Innuendo rolls at your leisure.
[/sblock]

Remove ads