• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Triple Play [IC]

Insight

Adventurer
Seeing Cassandra under control, Machete calls Leadfoot on the cell phone. "Yo, Leadfoot, we had a little trouble here with the senator, but it's all cleared up now. How's it going on your end?"

Insight

Adventurer
Looking at Cleo, Machete says, "All right. Secret service has stuff wrapped up here. We'll be there asap."

Machete hangs up the phone. "We gotta get to Annapolis," he tells Cleo. "Al-Liby is headed out to sea."

[sblock=OOC]Psion, I don't know how far we are from Annapolis, and I'm not sure what sort of vehicles we have at our disposal. Is it possible to borrow/commandeer one of the secret service vehicles?[/sblock]

Psion

Adventurer
Insight said:
[sblock=OOC]Psion, I don't know how far we are from Annapolis, and I'm not sure what sort of vehicles we have at our disposal. Is it possible to borrow/commandeer one of the secret service vehicles?[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
It 33 miles from DC to Annapolis.

Machete and Cover Girl had one secret service SUV, but Treasures of the East is downtown DC as well, so Leadfoot could probably pick you up in 5 minutes.
[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
Machete picks up the cell phone again. "Uhh, Leadfoot," he says. "Looks like I might need a ride, if you want my help dealing with Al-Liby. Any chance you could swing by and pick me up?"

solkan_uk

First Post
"Can we manage to pick the others up?" Veins asks Leadfoot - after all, she knows her skills and the abilities of the truck better than he does.

Psion

Adventurer
At the Sullivan's Quarters, Washington DC

[sblock]
There's a bit of confusion here regarding the situation in the Senator's room, so I thought I'd add some more exposition to clarify.
[/sblock]

As Cleo wrests the gun from Cassandra and pins her, the secret service agent in the room moves to protect the Senator, interposing himself between Cassandra and the Senator as he issues him and Katherine from the room. "Situation... armed assailant in the senator's suite... the assailant is Cassandra Sullivan. The senator and Katherine are secure. Agent on the scene has disarmed the assailant. Request assistance securing assailant!" The senator looks on in shock as he is ushered from the room.

Last edited:

Psion

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC, from OOC thread]
Mister Andersen said:
The update notices aren't arriving on time. Again

Bluff (1d20+6=25)
[/sblock]

Cleo tells the guard at the door to call in a false alarm. He looks up at Cleo and Cassandra to get an explanation of what is going on. A look around the room and Katherine and Senator Sullivan have similar curious looks on their face.

Cassandra starts weeping, muttering something about her mother, and looks up at her father with a cascade of hair with a furious look that none of the agents have seen before.

Machete dismisses himself and heads for the parking structure.

[sblock=Cover Girl]
Feel free to tell me how you wish to resolve this situation and explain it to all involved.
[/sblock]

Psion

Adventurer
Scene 4

Machete loads up into the SUV with Leadfoot, Saint, and Veins.

The traffic is thick, but a few shortcuts by Leadfoot, and the group is on their way. Another phonecall comes in, fielded by Saint: the Annapolis police found the cab abandoned not far from the harbor district.

[sblock=OOC...]
Someone has binoculars as a common item, right?
[/sblock]

The team makes all haste to the pier where Al Liby's boat was listed as being docked. Stopping a safe distance away and peering on with binoculars, the group can see that there is a cabin cruiser fitting the description. Some hands look like they are loading the boat.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads