• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Triple Play [IC]

[sblock=OOC]
Psion said:
If it weren't for email notifications, I'd have no clue what you are grumbling about.

Strength and weakness of the medium.

But I have no problem backing up a step if you want to repost your action.

Nah, roll with it. But I'll ready an action to grab her if she does anything stupid.
[/sblock]

Psion

Adventurer
Mister Andersen said:
[sblock=OOC]
Nah, roll with it. But I'll ready an action to grab her if she does anything stupid.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Cover Girl]
Well, "anything" stupid is a bit of a vague declaration for ready action, but I am going to assume this qualifies...[/sblock]

After the embrace ends, the Senator's cell phone rings. Cassandra sits on the couch as the senator takes the call. She pulls out some makeup and a small mirror and quickly fixes her makeup.

"No, the girls are here, we're all fine," the senator mutters into his phone as he turns away from the window and Cassandra. Just then, Cassandra puts her makeup back in her purse, unzips a side pouch, and starts to pull what appears to be a handgun similar to the one the agents found back at the estate...

[sblock=Cover Girl]
Feel free to take your readied action...
[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
"Woah, sister, what's with the heater?" Machete asks, approaching the senator's daughter with some sense of urgency.

[sblock=Machete's Actions]Depending on what happens with the readied action...

Initiative: init (1d20+7=8) LOL more bad rolling

If Cassandra has been taken care of, Machete moves to the senator, reveals his shotgun, and readies to shoot anyone who fires at him, the senator, Cassandra, or Cleo.

If Cassandra is still wielding her gun, Machete tries to disarm her.

1. Martial Arts Attack: unarmed strike / attempt to disarm (1d20+6=15) - This is an opposed attack roll. My guess is against a gun, Cassandra would oppose with a melee attack roll.

If the first disarm attempt fails and Machete only needs to 5ft to get to Cassandra, he tries again -

2. Martial Artts Attack: unarmed strike / attempt to disarm (1d20+6=23)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Psion

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC - Cover Girl and Machete]
Gonna let the cards fall where they may on this one.

Cassandra beat Machete's initiative and beat his notice with a conceal action check.

Cover Girl beat the conceal action check and has a readied action. She can take her readied action, but after that, the initiative check determines who acts first in the surprise round.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]Gah, no damn new post notice.[/sblock]

Seeing the unfolding of what could be something really ugly - something she's been half expecting and dreading since the investigation at the mansion - Cleo casually steps between Cassandra and her father before the gun can clear the purse; just as importantly it means she's between Machette and the sight of something that would doubtlessly start the latin psychotic waving around a bunch of knives and guns and frak the mission profile right up. She lays a restraining hand on the shoulder of the girl's shooting arm and whispers "What would your sister say to losing not only both her parents but her twin too? Come outside with me. Please?"

[sblock=OOC]Gah! Two short of a threat 8(
Impress/Persuade (1d20+6=23)

Init
Init (1d20+1=15)

And if necessary
Athletics/Grapple (1d20+2=16)[/sblock]

Last edited:

solkan_uk

First Post
Veins and the team head into the building - carefully, Veins acutely aware that they could've rigged the place to blow - but if there's a chance they can find a clue to catch him before he escapes it has to be taken.

[Sblock=OOC]
Search the place, Search Check, cap 15 (1d20+2=17)
Forensics check, cap 30 (1d20+5=15) (just in case anything needs investigating further)

P.S. It's my daughters birthday today, so this weekend I'm probably not going to be posting much - I'm getting the impression that we're nearly done anyway, and Al-Liby has escaped...

Psion

Adventurer
Mister Andersen said:
[sblock=ooc]Gah, no damn new post notice.[/sblock]

Seeing the unfolding of what could be something really ugly - something she's been half expecting and dreading since the investigation at the mansion - Cleo casually steps between Cassandra and her father before the gun can clear the purse; just as importantly it means she's between Machette and the sight of something that would doubtlessly start the latin psychotic waving around a bunch of knives and guns and frak the mission profile right up. She lays a restraining hand on the shoulder of the girl's shooting arm and whispers "What would your sister say to losing not only both her parents but her twin too? Come outside with me. Please?"

[sblock=OOC]
The way the readied action rules work, you have to make a reflex save if you wish to cancel your action. The way persuasion checks work, short of effects like Short Con, Diplomatic Solution, and Charmer, it takes a bit of time to make a persuasion check.

I did give you a small chance (=error on resolve check) that your words would stall her; it failed. It appears she is going to shoot anyways, I'll assume you proceed with your action.[/sblock]

Cassandra ignores Cover Girl, and feebly tries to move away to get a clear shot.

[sblock=OOC, Cover Girl]
Very feebly...
Cassandra - athletics (1d20+2=3)
She got an error. Does anyone wish to activate it?
(Anyone would be cover girl... only cover girl and machete have line of sight, and Machete has no action dice.)

Or, alternately, let me know if you really wish to cancel your action.

If you activate the error, you get 2 grapple benefits, otherwise you only get one. Feel free to pick it/them out. If you disarm and pin her, the fight is effectively over, as Machete + SS agents will be on the scene before she can do anything else.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Psion

Adventurer
solkan_uk said:
Veins and the team head into the building - carefully, Veins acutely aware that they could've rigged the place to blow - but if there's a chance they can find a clue to catch him before he escapes it has to be taken.

[Sblock=OOC]
Search the place, Search Check, cap 15 (1d20+2=17)
Forensics check, cap 30 (1d20+5=15) (just in case anything needs investigating further)

P.S. It's my daughters birthday today, so this weekend I'm probably not going to be posting much - I'm getting the impression that we're nearly done anyway, and Al-Liby has escaped...

[sblock=OOC]
Al Liby's not scot free yet...[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Examining Treasures of the East quickly, there are a few immediately recognizable items of interest. Al Liby's computer is not locked. On the desktop are a number of time-labeled audio files. Playing them reveals them to be recordings of discussions between Al Liby and one of the twins.

In the recording, the twin in question expresses sympathy for the goals of Al Liby's group, and suggests that a good plan might be to take out a US Senator and his daughters.

Al-Liby acts skeptical, and demands a demonstration of what intelligence she can provide.

She offers her father’s schedule for one day, which included a last minute change of plan to his girlfriend’s apartment.

Al-Liby agrees. A later recording indicates he was satisfied with her demonstration. In that call, the twin gives Al-Liby her own and her father’s schedule, on the day the agents arrive on scene.

While searching for some other items of evidence, HAGGARD rushes in and says "this just in boys... the locals are saying they have an assualt report that probably correlates to Al Liby. A cab driver was assaulted and his cab was stolen. A passenger matching Al Liby's description asked for a ride to Annapolis. When the cabbie refused, Al Liby assaulted him and stole the cab."

"It will probably take the locals a few days to get on top of this. If I were you, I'd get your boys together and head out there, or he's history."

[sblock=ooc]Oh yeah, activating that failure.Taking disarm & pin.[/sblock]

Cleo sighs inwardly again, sadly realising that she really had given Cassandra far too much credit in the Thinking Things Through department. I really should have stopped the girl before we got in the lift, kept things neat and discrete. Ah well. Not my fault she's a selfish cow.

Those thoughts all flash through Cleo's head in a matter of moments. Her choice of where she'd lain her hand had been deliberate, letting her just dig a thumb into a pressure point. This in turn causes a muscle spasm that forces Cassandra to drop the gun which a quick movement of Cleo's foot knocks out of sight beneath the lounge.

At the same time Cleo's other hand comes up, catching Cassandra against the sternum and pushing her back down onto the lounge. "Play along," she whispers urgently into Cassandra's ear, "and we will make your father's suffering long and terrible and a glorious tribute to the three beautiful, talented and smart women he betrayed."

Remove ads