• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Troupe of the Painted Soul IC!

dave_o

Explorer
The child leans back on his heels, and sighs. "Hell, man, what do you want? What information are your knickers in a bunch over? I've got marks to hit, and need a little more than a bag of rocks for it." He crosses his arms, and arches a brow.

squirrel

First Post
ooc - I want a Sense Motive (+6) to see if he is worried at all that we have him cornered here. Then I want a Spot check (+11) to see if he has any other purses or other likely stolen goods on his person, then if I do spot I want an Appraise check (+11) to get a rough estimate of their worth. Also what could a pickpocket reasonably expect to gain in a day, I figure I should have a rough estimation since its been 10+ years on the street.

dave_o

Explorer
OOC - Pushy, aren't we? :D Your Sense Motive reveals little to nothing about his true mood. He seems quite unconcerned, but then again, it could just be child-like naievity. Your Spot check, however, reveals that this little tyke is armed - he has several dagger poorly hidden in his belt, under the tunic. Your Appraise check reveals the daggers to be, well, quite standard - the metal used in them appears a little soft, and low-quality.

Professional pick pockets, daily, in a well-off quarter can expect around 50-100gp a day, which is quite nice. But that means a lot of marks without getting caught, which is the hard part.

squirrel

First Post
dave_o said:
OOC - Pushy, aren't we? :D

Yes I am ;)

------------

"I'll make it worth your time to answer my questions. If you do answer the questions, I do offer four fifths of a pound of gold in exchange."

ooc - What "vigilante" punishments can be done for theft, which are the most common.

dave_o

Explorer
The youth's eyes bulge, and he smiles, "Well, perhaps I'll help a bit."

OOC - Cutting off of hands is not uncommon, but if you get caught, you're usually in just as much trouble.

squirrel

First Post
"Alright, who in the Empire brings in the slaves, when do the slaves usually arrive, how often do they arrive, and where and how are they kept?"

[ooc - if he answers, I'll hand the kid 10 gold pieces a sign of good faith, then move onto the more promising questions]

dave_o

Explorer
The child sighs, and shrugs his shoulders, "All I ever see is blues bringing them in. They've got new ones everyday, usually - around noon. And how should I know where they're kept? Why do you care about a bunch of slaves, anyway? It's their fault for getting caught."

Carrie snarls slightly, at Zinovii's comment, "It's not as if you couldn't have chosen a better location. But fine, if you want to talk to your kinsmen, then do it." She says, giving Zinovii and Christian a tug on the arm as she drags them over to one of the ships.

She looks around for a relatively secluded, elven sailor, and shoves her companions a bit more to talk to them. Turning her haed towards Zinovii, she exclaims, "Well?"

squirrel

First Post
"I care because I needed to see what you know about your city. Who knows about the most about the workings in this city?

(ooc - waiting to see a name before I ask the next questions, because they will vary depending on who the kid says ;))

hellbender

First Post
Zinovii smirks at Carrie, 'Humans are such subtle creatures. It is no wonder that you find one under nearly every rock nowadays.' The elven sorceror hails an elven sailor, 'Well met, my good fellow, any news of interest in the docks? Anyone require the assistance of an elven adept?'

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads