TSR TSR CON is running at the same time as Gary Con in Lake Geneva

MGibster

Legend
Maybe they have some good cranberry-adjacent RPGs?
There is nothing good about cranberry or anything adjacent to it that it touches.

You guys laugh at the small house but I'm going to defend it a bit. A building is generally considered historic for one of three reasons: A famous person is associated with the building, a historical event is associated with it, or the building itself is sufficiently old and/or has some sort of architectural significance. This building is associated with Gary Gygax and perhaps the creation of D&D (if I'm getting that part right). Small museums like this converted from the homes of historically significant people are quite common.

Is it a good museum? Beats me. I'll probably never go to Indiana but if I happened to be in the area I'll check it out and let you know.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
There is nothing good about cranberry or anything adjacent to it that it touches.

But HISTORICAL CRANBERRIES!

tumblr_o6btprwd2l1sbf4sbo1_400.gif

The song is playing in your head now.

In your head.
In your head.

You guys laugh at the small house but I'm going to defend it a bit. A building is generally considered historic for one of three reasons: A famous person is associated with the building, a historical event is associated with it, or the building itself is sufficiently old and/or has some sort of architectural significance. This building is associated with Gary Gygax and perhaps the creation of D&D (if I'm getting that part right). Small museums like this converted from the homes of historically significant people are quite common.

Is it a good museum? Beats me. I'll probably never go to Indiana but if I happened to be in the area I'll check it out and let you know.

There are only three good museums:

1. The Museum of Historical Cranberries.

anigif_sub-buzz-12888-1511377865-2.gif

2. The Museum of Modern Cranberries.

eed4fa63c9e5c10d4b0ffb83b40691ef.jpg

3. The Museum of Fictional Places, like Atlantis, Lilliput, New Zealand, Bikini Bottom, and Canada.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
oh, yeah. There are TONS of little museums of famous peoples’ houses as years of family trips taken by my family in the 1970s can attest to. So many… 🥱

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Well, okay. I think it's irresponsible to schedule one for late March at this time.

I expect it was actually scheduled a long time ago, like, last March or something, when nobody could know what this March could bring.

And, once you've done all that pre-work, there's some sense to keeping it in place until pretty close to the event, in case the case numbers support it. My own home sci-fi convention was scheduled last January, for this for January 14th. They just cancelled today.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
But you see, it's not me. It's not my family.

But you see, it's not me
It's Michael tweeting angrily
TSR's dead, TSR's dead, but LaNasa's fighting
With his tweets, and his lawsuits
And his lawsuits, and his tweets
TSR's dead, and no products Ernie is writing

TSR is dead, TSR is dead
Zombie, zombie, zombie-ie-ie
This new TSR is dead, nuTSR is dead
Zombie, zombie, zombie-ie-ie, oh

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
But HISTORICAL CRANBERRIES!

tumblr_o6btprwd2l1sbf4sbo1_400.gif

The song is playing in your head now.

In your head.
In your head.

There are only three good museums:

1. The Museum of Historical Cranberries.

anigif_sub-buzz-12888-1511377865-2.gif

2. The Museum of Modern Cranberries.

eed4fa63c9e5c10d4b0ffb83b40691ef.jpg

3. The Museum of Fictional Places, like Atlantis, Lilliput, New Zealand, Bikini Bottom, and Canada.
What, no love for the Museum of Historical Zombies with Bombs, Guns, and Cranberries?

and thank you for getting that stuck…in my head.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases