TSR3 missed deadlines, delays in Dungeon Crawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mallus

Legend
So their goal is to take the TSR name and coat it in a layer of ricin? People are strange. Especially the ones who make employees wrestle in grits and then run for public office.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
So their goal is to take the TSR name and coat it in a layer of ricin? People are strange. Especially the ones who make employees wrestle in grits and then run for public office.

Is? I'd argue that they've already forever poisoned the TSR name with their ongoing performative outrage grift. I mean, that name is like explosive diarrhea now. Nobody who matters wants it.

Dioltach

Legend
It's as if they're doing their best to be as unlikeable as possible. Do they think that's a trait that a particular market segment admires? Or are they like adolescent boys with a distorted view of what constitutes "cool"?*

*At this point I'd like to apologise to anyone and everyone I interacted with from, say, 1989 to 1992.

Sacrosanct

Legend
It's as if they're doing their best to be as unlikeable as possible. Do they think that's a trait that a particular market segment admires?

Apparently they legit think they are the majority. I've seen comments like this a lot. It's mind boggling the stuff they believe despite all evidence to the contrary right in front of them:

1640790507510.png

So... uh... unless those posts about Hasbro stock price were made in the spring of 2020, when the stock did dive (although I wonder what could have been happening in the spring of 2020 that might be a more parsimonious explanation of dives in stock prices? [*]), there's nothing since then that could reasonably constitute "tanking"/"diving", or what-have-you. Not that LaNasa and company and "reasonable" have anything in common, mind.

[*] Am I being sarcastic? Maaaaaaaaybe.

Sacrosanct

Legend
So... uh... unless those posts about Hasbro stock price were made in the spring of 2020, when the stock did dive (although I wonder what could have been happening in the spring of 2020 that might be a more parsimonious explanation of dives in stock prices? [*]), there's nothing since then that could reasonably constitute "tanking"/"diving", or what-have-you. Not that LaNasa and company and "reasonable" have anything in common, mind.

[*] Am I being sarcastic? Maaaaaaaaybe.
Even so, it ignores how Hasbro owns a lot of products. While many of those products didn't do well, D&D has been on a huge roll and is extremely profitable, so you can't look at Hasbro's stock value as an indicator of D&D.

There is no part of that person's comments that make any sort of sense. And I posted it because those comments are frequent. That guy isn't just a one-off.

So yeah, it's entirely plausible that LaNasa and crew actually think that their toxicity represents the majority of D&D players. Maybe the majority of gamers he plays with, but if he got out of the echo chamber and/or looked at D&D's popularity since 5e was announced, he might realize that they are the tiny minority.

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
I can't keep the various TSRs straight anymore.
TSR(1) '70s to 90s. Original publisher.
TSR(2) 2012 or so until this year. Jayson Elliot's company, publisher of Gygax Magazine, the recent Top Secret new game (but by Merle Rasmussen again!) and a few other things.
TSR(3) 2021. Justin LaNasa's dumpster fire, incorporated once he realized Jayson had forgotten to renew his Trademark registration a year ago, and cozened Ernie Gygax into being a partner and not telling his erstwhile friend and former business partner Jayson about the trademark until after the contestation period had expired.

Filthy Lucre

Adventurer
TSR(1) '70s to 90s. Original publisher.
TSR(2) 2012 or so until this year. Jayson Elliot's company, publisher of Gygax Magazine, the recent Top Secret new game (but by Merle Rasmussen again!) and a few other things.
TSR(3) 2021. Justin LaNasa's dumpster fire, incorporated once he realized Jayson had forgotten to renew his Trademark registration a year ago, and roped Ernie Gygax into being a partner and not telling his erstwhile friend and former business partner Jayson about the trademark until after the contestation period had expired.
stephencolberteatingpopcorn.gif

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
stephencolberteatingpopcorn.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads