General Turgenev's Friday Freebie Maps

Longspeak

Explorer
Nice. I'll send something this weekend. It's a location of some importance in my newest game, so I wanted it mapped for my use in Roll20, and... well... I am terrible and have no patience. :)

Turgenev

Adventurer
Here is the May 22nd, 2020 Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Areas 1 and 19 have pillars.
  • Areas 6 and 14 a) have covered pit traps.
  • Area 7 b) is a falling block trap.
  • Area 11 has a chute trap (in front of the statue).
  • Areas 11, 14 b), and outside areas 19 and 22 all have statues.
  • Area 14 has a raised platform leading up to the statue at area b).
  • Area 20 has bars/gate blocking access to area 21.
  • Area 22 has an open pit.
  • Area 23 has a tapestry.
  • The grey section running through areas 25 b), 28 b), and 31 is water.
  • Area 33 has a downward slope arrow.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 05-22-2020 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The May 22nd, 2020 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (16) map files as individual jpg images. All for a $2 (US)!

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:

Turgenev

Adventurer
Here is the May 29th, 2020 Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • The dash lines are elevation lines showing the lower level (in relation to the upper level).
  • Areas 1, 22, 24, 27, and 36 have pillars.
  • Areas 2, 10, 21, 24, 26, 37, and 46 have statues.
  • Areas 8 and 27 have tapestries/curtains.
  • Areas 15 and 25 have bars/gates.
  • Areas 16 b) and 38 are covered pit traps. The pit traps of 16 b) drops the unwary into the corridor below.
  • Areas 24, 39, and 40 c) have raised platforms/daises.
  • Area 30 has an open pit.
  • Area 40 b) is a pool/fountain.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 05-29-2020 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The May 29th, 2020 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (16) map files as individual jpg images. All for a $2 (US)!

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Adventurer
Here is the June 5th, 2020 Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • The dash lines are elevation lines showing the lower level (in relation to the upper level).
  • Areas 1, 13, 19, 24 a), 27, and 33 have pillars.
  • Areas 1, 33, and 34 have statues.
  • Areas 6, 8, 18, 26, and 33 have tapestries/curtains.
  • Areas 7 and 15 b) have covered pit traps.
  • Areas 13 and 14 have secret trap doors in the floor that connect to the tunnels underneath them.
  • Area 21 has a large pool of water.
  • Area 34 has statues on upper ledges that tower over the lowered area.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 06-05-2020 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The June 5th, 2020 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (16) map files as individual jpg images. All for a $2 (US)!

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Adventurer
I was going through my map archive and came across this map. It was released 4 years ago today.

Map Details:
* The doors with arrows (secret and otherwise) are one-way doors.
* Areas 1 and 25 have large open pits/wells (that perhaps lead to other levels). Area 17 has a 20' x 10' open pit.
* Areas 2, 3, 7, 13, 14, 16, 20, 26, and 39 have pillars/columns.
* Area 7 has a pentagram.
* Areas 12, 14, 15, 17, 20, 21, 23, 26, and 32 have bars blocking access.
* Areas 7, 20, 22, 25, and 29 have statues.
* Areas 18 and 29 have man-made pools of water.

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Adventurer
Here is the June 12th, 2020 Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Areas 1, 2, 4, 12 a), 32 a), 35 a), and 36 a) have pillars.
  • Area 4 has an open pit/well.
  • Areas 4, 10 a), 12 a), 26, 27, 30, 32 a), 35 a), and 26 a) have braziers.
  • Areas 10 and 26 have tapestries/curtains.
  • Area 12 b) is a pentagram.
  • Areas 27 and 36 b) are linked teleporters.
  • Area 30 b) is a hidden crossbow/flame bow trap hidden in the wall.
  • Area 30 c) is a raised platform with an altar.
  • Areas 30 a) and 33 have statues.
  • The corridor of area 31 is trapped (pendulum blades? firebolts?).
  • Area 32 b) is a large pool.
  • Area 35 b) is a (magic?) carpet/rug.
  • Area 37 a) has a ladder that allows access to the elevated secret door to area 36.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 06-12-2020 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The June 12th, 2020 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (16) map files as individual jpg images. All for a $2 (US)!

Cheers,
Tim

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Here is the June 12th, 2020 Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Areas 1, 2, 4, 12 a), 32 a), 35 a), and 36 a) have pillars.
  • Area 4 has an open pit/well.
  • Areas 4, 10 a), 12 a), 26, 27, 30, 32 a), 35 a), and 26 a) have braziers.
  • Areas 10 and 26 have tapestries/curtains.
  • Area 12 b) is a pentagram.
  • Areas 27 and 36 b) are linked teleporters.
  • Area 30 b) is a hidden crossbow/flame bow trap hidden in the wall.
  • Area 30 c) is a raised platform with an altar.
  • Areas 30 a) and 33 have statues.
  • The corridor of area 31 is trapped (pendulum blades? firebolts?).
  • Area 32 b) is a large pool.
  • Area 35 b) is a (magic?) carpet/rug.
  • Area 37 a) has a ladder that allows access to the elevated secret door to area 36.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 06-12-2020 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The June 12th, 2020 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (16) map files as individual jpg images. All for a $2 (US)!

Cheers,
Tim
Recently, you've been doing a lot of playing around with multiple levels on the same "level". Loving it.

Turgenev

Adventurer
i used to do multiple levels on one map quite a bit (I used to call them my 2-in-1* maps) but got away from it. Recently I've decided to revisit the theme.

* as in 2 levels in 1 map.

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:

Turgenev

Adventurer
Here is the June 19th, 2020 Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
* Grid Size: 38x48 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 1229x1578
The black dots represent rubble.
Area 1 b) is a raised platform.
Areas 1 b), 9, 11, and 40 have pillars.
Area 4 has a rope bridge.
Areas 12 and 46 have statues.
Area 24 has an open pit/well.
Area 29 is a large chasm.
Area 42 has a pool.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 06-19-2020 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The June 19th, 2020 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (16) map files as individual jpg images. All for a $2 (US)!

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Adventurer
Here is the June 26th, 2020 Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Grid Size: 38x48 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 1229x1578 (free), 2458x3256 (Enhanced)
  • This map can be used as a continuation from the May 22nd, 2020 Friday Freebie/Enhanced map.
  • The arrows represent downward slopes.
  • Area 5 has a sinkhole surrounded by rubble/loose rocks.
  • Areas 6 a) and 9 have braziers.
  • Area 9 has an altar.
  • The grey sections of areas 15 a), 17 a), and 18 represent water.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 06-19-2020 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The June 26th, 2020 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (16) map files as individual jpg images. All for a $2 (US)!

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Adventurer
Here is the July 3rd, 2020 Friday Freebie map. It's a stand alone map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Grid Size: 38x48 10' Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 1229x1578
  • Areas 1, 8 a), 9 a), 15, and 34 b) have pillars.
  • Area 6 a) is a large bridge.
  • Areas 6 b) and 8 c) are covered pit traps.
  • Areas 7 and 20 b) have statues.
  • Areas 8 b) and d) are large wells/open pits.
  • The grey sections of areas 13 a) and 19 are water. The two sections are connected via a submerged tunnel.
  • Area 13 c) is a small 'island.'
  • Area 14 has a chute trap that sends the unwary either to a lower level or into the water of area 13 a).
  • Area 20 b) is a raised platform.
  • Area 34 a) has a tapestry.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 07-03-2020 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The July 3rd, 2020 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (16) map files as individual jpg images. All for a $2 (US)!

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:

Turgenev

Adventurer
Here is the July 10th, 2020 Friday Freebie map. It's a stand alone map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Grid Size: 36x46 10' Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 1229x1578
  • The irregular black dots represent rubble.
  • Areas 1 and 18 a) have pillars.
  • Areas 3, 11 b), and 18 b) are covered pit traps.
  • Area 5 has a dais/raised platform.
  • Areas 5 b) and 24 have statues.
  • Area 11 a) is a stairs/slide trap.
  • Area 15 has a tapestry.
  • The shaded section of area 18 c) is a weakened floor (that will drop the unwary into the stream that runs underneath it). The dotted lines are elevation lines showing the path of the stream under this room.
  • Area 23 has a magical circle.
  • The grey sections of areas 29 b) and 33 represent water.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 07-10-2020 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The July 10th, 2020 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (16) map files as individual jpg images. All for a $2 (US)!

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Here is the July 10th, 2020 Friday Freebie map. It's a stand alone map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • The irregular black dots represent rubble.
  • Areas 1 and 18 a) have pillars.
  • Areas 3, 11 b), and 18 b) are covered pit traps.
  • Area 5 has a dais/raised platform.
  • Areas 5 b) and 24 have statues.
  • Area 11 a) is a stairs/slide trap.
  • Area 15 has a tapestry.
  • The shaded section of area 18 c) is a weakened floor (that will drop the unwary into the stream that runs underneath it). The dotted lines are elevation lines showing the path of the stream under this room.
  • Area 23 has a magical circle.
  • The grey sections of areas 29 b) and 33 represent water.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 07-10-2020 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The July 10th, 2020 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (16) map files as individual jpg images. All for a $2 (US)!

Cheers,
Tim

Another good one. I especially like room 18 and the stream running underneath having weakened the floor above. Very accurate...

Any detail about the stairway between 8 and 24? Looks like there was a stairway, but maybe some sort of cave in or rockfall?

Turgenev

Adventurer
I got the urge to create a dungeon so this map was started. I normally do corridors and rooms at the same time but this time I figured I would draw just the corridors to start. This is what I can up with (an 8-bit version of Andy Capp).

A little bit more work was done and the map evolved into this version.

Turgenev

Adventurer
Here is the July 17th, 2020 Friday Freebie map. It's another stand alone map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Area 1 has a set of circular stairs that lead up.
  • Area 1 b) and c) have false double doors.
  • Areas 2 and 13 c) have covered pit traps.
  • Areas 2, 3, 4, 13 a), and 32 have pillars.
  • Areas 3 and 33 a) have statues.
  • Area 12 has a magical circle.
  • Area 13 b) is a pool of water/fountain.
  • Areas 21 and 28 have open pits/wells.
  • Areas 21 and 26 have a tapestries.
  • Areas 26, 27, and 33 a) have braziers.
  • Area 32 has steps that lead down.
  • Area 33 b) has a raised platform with an altar.
  • The entrance of area 34 has a fireball trap (fired from the notch in the far wall).

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 07-17-2020 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The July 17th, 2020 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (16) map files as individual jpg images. All for a $2 (US)!

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Adventurer
Here is the July 24th, 2020 Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • This dungeon is part one of two. The second installment will be next week.
  • The irregularly shaped black dots represent rubble.
  • The straight row of dots represent bars/gates.
  • Areas 1, 17, and 21 have pillars.
  • Area 5 has a secret trap door in the floor.
  • Area 8 has a statue.
  • Area 13 has an open pit/well.
  • Area 16 is an open pit.
  • Area 17 has a tapestry.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 07-24-2020 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The July 24th, 2020 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (16) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 36x46 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 2458x3156. All for a $2 (US)!

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:

Turgenev

Adventurer
Here is the July 31st, 2020 Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • This dungeon is part two of two. The first instalment was last week (July 24th, 2020).
  • Areas 1, 6, 27, 28 b), and 35 have covered pit traps.
  • Areas 2, 3, 5, 25, and 36 have statues.
  • Area 3 has tapestries.
  • Area 4 is a chute trap.
  • Areas 5, 29, 34, 36, and 37 have raised platforms/daises.
  • Area 7 has an open pit/well.
  • Areas 10, 13, 15 a), 23, 28 a), and 34 have pillars.
  • Areas 15 b) and c) are open pits.
  • Areas 24, 29 b), and 36 have braziers.
  • Area 29 b) is a large mirror embedded into the wall. I lean towards the idea that the mirror is a physical portal to the Astral or Ethereal plane.
  • Area 30 has a pool.
  • Area 34 has an altar.
  • Area 36 has a sarcophagus.
  • Area 37 has hidden crossbow traps guarding the dais with a throne/chair on it.
  • Area 38 has a strange magical sigil.

This is how last week and this weeks' maps fit together. Click to enlarge.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 07-31-2020 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The July 31st, 2020 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (17) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 36x46 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 2458x3156. All for a $2 (US)!

Cheers,
Tim

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4