D&D General Turgenev's Friday Freebie Maps

Turgenev

Hero
Here's my blue building map* that I have been working on collected into one image. Click to enlarge.

* I've been calling this my beetle building since I envision it having a beetle like shell above ground.

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
Here's the February 9th 2024 Friday Freebie map. This is the upper level of a Mycenaean style palace. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Grid Size: 48x56 10' Squares (72 dpi) or 72x92 5' Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 1700x2025
  • I took inspiration for this map from the Mycenaean Palace of Nestor at Pylos. Last week was the ground level and next week will be the rooftop level.
  • The double white lines on the building walls represent windows.
  • The shaded sections represent the lower elevation of ground level. Areas 8, 16 a), and 52 have holes in their floors that show the hearths that are on ground level.
  • The dotted squares represent light wells (small holes in the ceiling to allow air flow and sunlight in).
  • Areas 1 a) and 21 have stairs leading down to ground level.
  • Areas 2 a) and 20 a) have stairs leading up to the rooftop level.
  • Areas 5, 17 c), 17 e), and 32 are open balconies (that look down at the ground level gardens).
  • Area 52 have tapestries.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/470425/Friday-Enhanced-Map-02092024

The February 9th, 2024 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (16) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 48x56 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 3400x4050. All for $2 (US).

Cheers,
Tim

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
For those who want some images (I was interested in some sort of elevation of the palace) - since it's a historical actual place in our world you can visit:

Also, since it's an archeologically and historically significant locale, there's a lot of ink used over the past millenia, including digital "ink"
Including this academic overview that also includes another possible floorplan, but also what was in the COOKPOTS?!

Turgenev

Hero
Here's the Monday Blues #105 map. This is dungeon level 1. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Grid Size: 36x46 10 ft. Squares or 72x92 5 ft. squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 1229x1578
  • The building dungeon level is separate from the surrounding natural caves.
  • The stairs at areas 1, 4, and 26 lead up.
  • Areas 1, 2, 6, 9, 21, 22, 30, and 32 have holes on their floors revealing large mechanical gears on the lower level (Dungeon Level 2).
  • Areas 3 b) and 3 c) have secret trap doors in their floors.
  • Area 14 has a trap door in its floor.
  • Area 31 has bars/gates at its entrances.
  • Area 42 has a pool/fountain.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Monday Blues map for sale here: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/470724/Old-School-Blue-Map-105

The Old School Blue Map #105 product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant ( 8 ) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 36x46 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 2458x3156. All for $2 (US).

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
Here's the February 16th 2024 Friday Freebie map. This is upper level 2 / rooftop of a Mycenaean style palace. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Grid Size: 48x56 10' Squares (72 dpi) or 72x92 5' Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 1700x2025
  • The white squares on the outer walls represent parapets.
  • The shaded sections represent the lower elevation of the ground level and upper level 1.
  • The grey squares represent the top of light wells (small holes in the ceiling to allow air flow and sunlight in).
  • Areas 11, 13, 14, and 15 represent the rooftop with multiple catapults.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/471179/Friday-Enhanced-Map-02162024

The February 16th, 2024 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (16) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 48x56 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 3400x4050. All for $2 (US).

Cheers,
Tim

Here's the February 16th 2024 Friday Freebie map. This is upper level 2 / rooftop of a Mycenaean style palace. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • The white squares on the outer walls represent parapets.
  • The shaded sections represent the lower elevation of the ground level and upper level 1.
  • The grey squares represent the top of light wells (small holes in the ceiling to allow air flow and sunlight in).
  • Areas 11, 13, 14, and 15 represent the rooftop with multiple catapults.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/471179/Friday-Enhanced-Map-02162024

The February 16th, 2024 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (16) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 48x56 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 3400x4050. All for $2 (US).

Cheers,
Tim
I have really enjoyed this set, having often attempted to use old archaeological plans as game sites. Any chance you'll bundle the three maps together?

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine

Turgenev

Hero
Here's the Monday Blues #106 map. It contains Dungeon Levels 2 and 3. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Grid Size: 36x46 10 ft. Squares or 72x92 5 ft. squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 1229x1578
  • This is the final map for the beetle-shaped building (Monday Blues #102 - #106). This is the lowest body level and the building's powered legs (all six of them). The legs fit under dungeon level 1 and have some mobility forwards and backwards. The whole building is a technomagical construct that is controlled from the rotating command chair (similar to a spelljammer helm) at area 45 on Upper Level 2 (the Monday Blues #104) map. The building has the ability to burrow itself into the ground to give the appearance of a "normal" building.
  • Area 1 has trap doors in the ceiling (that lead up to Dungeon Level 1).
  • Areas 1 and 7 have daises.
  • Areas 1, 7, and 21 have pillars/columns.
  • Areas 2, 3, 8, 9, 17, 19, 21, 23, and 25 have various machinery and large gears that powers the building. The walls are littered with many flowing pipes and networks of various heights.
  • Areas 6, 12, 16, 20, 24, and 28 have trap doors in their floors that lead to Dungeon Level 3A, and again from Dungeon Level 3A to 3B, and 3 B to 3 C. The levels are connected via ladders (not shown on the map). * All six legs are identical, with the exception of the secret door on Dungeon Level 3C (only one leg has this secret door).
  • Areas 7, 15, and 27 have statues.
  • Areas 11 and 30 have secret trap doors in their floors that allow access to the outside of the building (they are currently blocked by the surrounding natural rock).
  • Areas 14 and 29 have pools of water that are connected to the elemental plane of water (the building draws upon these pools to maintain the technomagical machines).

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Monday Blues map for sale here: DriveThruRPG

The Old School Blue Map #105 product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant ( 8 ) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 36x46 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 2458x3156. All for $2 (US).

Click on image below to get the DriveThru Bundle link for all five levels.

Cheers,
Tim

Remove ads