TUW: The Outpost

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Whopping and Hollering, eh?"

Taylar doesn't take his eyes from the approaching Kaalatala as he whispers back with a wide grin, clearly anticipating the combat, "No, I said a battle cry. Think of something your ancestors would want you to yell right before you thump somebody."
 

log in or register to remove this ad

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 217: The Trap Is Sprung

Adi will move 3' to the north and wait for the Kaalatala to get close to his position. Then he will ambush the passing foes.
Maka will move 1 more square directly South, before firing his bow at this guy...
Raven Elk whispers back to Taylar:


"Let's get these ones on the right.", he then smirks with a wicked glint in his eyes, "Whooping and Hollering, eh?" Well, okay then..."
Taylar doesn't take his eyes from the approaching Kaalatala as he whispers back with a wide grin, clearly anticipating the combat, "No, I said a battle cry. Think of something your ancestors would want you to yell right before you thump somebody."
Vittero does not move. He knocks another arrow and draws to fire a second time.

GM: The Kaalatala clan is comprised of both males and females. They are of approximately equal height and build. All are clothed in only a sheepskin loincloth and bracers. The 3 nearest the fire also have shin guards and are armed with a stone-tipped javelin. The others are armed with bone-tipped javelins.
The one nearest the previous shot runs directly toward Vittero, who is visible. The one at whom Maka is taking aim takes a step forward, making the shot even more clear. The 3 elder ones near the fire stand and take ready positions, apparently assessing the danger. Others move in a general westward direction but are, as yet, not readily visible.

Vittero is able to draw and fire before Taylar or Adisakti would be able to intercept the runner, allowing them to remain in hidden positions.

[sblock=Speed of Attack]Adisakti: 22(impetus) + 11(fury) + 82(d100) = 115
115 - 36(armor) - 100(staff) = -21
Maka: 15(impetus) + 15(fury) + 98(d100) = 128
128 - 30(armor) - 200(bow) = -102
Raven Elk: 15(impetus) + 20(fury) + 92(d100) = 127
127 - 32(armor) - 100(spear) = -5
Taylar: 16(impetus) + 17(fury) + 64(d100) = 97
97 - 36(armor) - 200(baton) = -139
Vittero: 17(impetus + 17(fury) + 94(d100) = 128
128 - 32(armor) - 200(bow) = -4[/sblock]
Out5818.jpg
[sblock=Character Data]
OOC: Vittero: full health
tunic: 59/60
arrows: 12
Taylar: full health
pants: 34/40
Maka: full health
tunic: 33/50
arrows: 12
Raven Elk: full health
tunic: 57/60
Adisakti: full health
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 217: Vittero

GM: The charging Kaalatala is able to cover 3 paces distance before Vittero fires his second shot making it at point blank range.

Vittero will fire center mass, nothing fancy.
[sblock=Fire Bow]Vittero: 16(launch) + 17(precision) + 17(clarity) + 42(d100) = 92
92 + 100(point blank) = 192
Kaalatala: 17(preservation) + 13(konokoro) + 97(d100) = 127
Damage: 192 - 137 = 55% * 10 = 6
Body: 10 - 6 = 4: hurt[/sblock]
GM: Perhaps due to the speed of movement, but the reason is irrelevant, Vittero's arrow wings the side of the charging Kaalatala, causing injury, but it does not incapacitate the foe.

[sblock=Speed of Attack]Adisakti: 22(impetus) + 11(fury) + 82(d100) = 115
115 - 36(armor) - 100(staff) = -21
Maka: 15(impetus) + 15(fury) + 98(d100) = 128
128 - 30(armor) - 200(bow) = -102
Raven Elk: 15(impetus) + 20(fury) + 92(d100) = 127
127 - 32(armor) - 100(spear) = -5
Taylar: 16(impetus) + 17(fury) + 64(d100) = 97
97 - 36(armor) - 200(baton) = -139
Vittero: 17(impetus + 17(fury) + 94(d100) = 128
128 - 32(armor) - 200(bow) = -4[/sblock]
GM: Since the charging Kaalatala did not go down from the arrow, Adisakti has first opportunity to intercept with a melee attack, if he so chooses. If he forgoes, Taylar will have the opportunity. Maka can fire his bow. Raven Elk is delayed until more Kaalatala move.

[sblock=Character Data]
OOC: Vittero: full health
tunic: 59/60
arrows: 11
Kaalatala: incapacitated
Kaalatala: hurt (Body - 6 = 4)
Taylar: full health
pants: 34/40
Maka: full health
tunic: 33/50
arrows: 12
Raven Elk: full health
tunic: 57/60
Adisakti: full health
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Waynan

Adventurer
Supporter
Taking it all in, Raven Elk hopes that Taylar will stick with him; especially with the two Kaalatala he was wanting to attack were making a move in their direction. Raven Elk gets his spear and shield --- and voice --- ready for a blood-curdling war cry and a counter charge.
 

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Let's get these ones on the right.

Taylar trusts that Adisakti and Vittero can handle the wounded Kaalatala. In his mind he invents the phrase, 'Don't leave your wingman'.

If any other of the Kaalatala close within charging distance, or if Raven Elk charges, Taylar intends to rush out and scream his battle cry in Maldrog, "So you like random violence?!" and attack with his baton. He will Thump with his attack.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Adi decides to hold onto the element of surprise and allow the first attacker to cherge by, knowing that Taylar will make short work of him. If another chooses to rush "V" Adi will attack, otherwise he will stick with Maka.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Waynan

Adventurer
Supporter
Raven Elk, nods to Taylar when he hears Taylar's grunt of impatience for the fight. He then charges out screaming a term that he has had going through his head after the attack on the Nashurins: "CRY, HAVOC!"

It had a nice ring to it.

Raven Elk comes out from behind the trees and charges the charging Kaalatalan's trying to flank their right.

He bellows: "Cry, Havoc!", aims and throws his spear at the nearest of the two enemies, and grabs his hunting knife to tackle and wrestle fight while continually jabbing with his knife, the Kaalatalan he hits with his spear (OOC: if he hits with the spear).
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 217: Fighting Kaalatala

Taylar trusts that Adisakti and Vittero can handle the wounded Kaalatala. In his mind he invents the phrase, 'Don't leave your wingman'.
Adi decides to hold onto the element of surprise and allow the first attacker to cherge by, knowing that Taylar will make short work of him. If another chooses to rush "V" Adi will attack, otherwise he will stick with Maka.
Vittero does not drop his bow, but keeps it in his left hand. He will use it to deflect the javelin of the attacking Kaalatala. If can touch his opponent, he will attempt to shock him.
GM: The Kaalatala charges on and will try to thrust his javelin into Vittero.

[sblock=Speed of Attack]Kaalatala: 24(readiness) + 17(impetus) + 13(fury) + 66(d100) = 120
120 - 10(armor) - 100(javelin) - 60(injured) = -50
Vittero: 16(readiness) + 17(impetus) + 17(fury) + 41(d100) = 91
91 - 32(armor) - 100(way) = -41[/sblock]
GM: Due to its injury, the Kaalatala is slowed enough that Vittero is able to try to hit him with his bare hand, first. He would not have been able to draw his bow.

[sblock=Assault]Vittero: 13(attack) + 17(precision) + 17(fury) + 92(d100) = 139
Kaalatala: 24(defend) + 17(preservation) + 13(konokoro) + 51(d100) = 105
Damage: 139 - 105 = 34% * 3 = 1
Body: 4 - 1 = 3: injured[/sblock]
[sblock=Shock]Vittero: 38 + 53(d100) = 91
Kaalatala: 23(conditioning) + 17(fury) + 96(d100) > 91[/sblock]
GM: Vittero steps to his right using his bow to defend and punches the Kaalatala in the ribs with his right hand. While the blow hurts, the ensuing electric shock seems to have no additional effect.

Maka does not change his original intention and lets his arrow fly.

[sblock=Fire Bow]Maka: 15(launch) + 15(precision) + 15(clarity) + 94(d100) + 77(luck) = 216
216 + 50(short range) = 266
Kaalatala: 17(preservation) + 13(konokoro) + 70(d100) = 100
Damage: 266 - 100 = 166% * 10 = 17
Body: 10 - 17 = -7: incapacitated
Mind: 10 - 7 = 3: dazed[/sblock]
GM: Maka's arrow not only finds its mark, it buries into the Kaalatala, incapacitating and dazing him.

The injured Kaalatala on Vittero attempts to thrust his javelin, despite the significant injury.

[sblock=Assault]Kaalatala: 24(attack) + 17(precision) + 13(fury) + 21(d100) = 75
Vittero: 16(defend) + 17(preservation) + 18(konokoro) + 73(d100) > 75[/sblock]
GM: With the significance of his injuries, the Kaalatala is unable to effectively attack.

[sblock=Character Data]
OOC: Vittero: full health
tunic: 59/60
arrows: 11
Kaalatala: incapacitated
Kaalatala: hurt (Body - 6 = 4)
Taylar: full health
pants: 34/40
Maka: full health
tunic: 33/50
arrows: 11
Raven Elk: full health
tunic: 57/60
Adisakti: full health
[/sblock]
OOC: Actions of Taylar and Raven Elk to follow in a separate post.
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 217: Raven Elk and Taylar

Out5918.jpg

All of the remaining Kaalatala move into action after Maka fires his bow, now realizing the they are under attack and it is not simply one opponent.
GM: Though Raven Elk and Taylar were not aware of the exact direction the Kaalatala on the right of the fire were going to take, their running footfalls become obvious to the right as they close.

...Raven Elk comes out from behind the trees and charges the charging Kaalatalan's trying to flank their right.


He bellows: "Cry, Havoc!", aims and throws his spear at the nearest of the two enemies, and grabs his hunting knife to tackle and wrestle fight while continually jabbing with his knife, the Kaalatalan he hits with his spear.
OOC: What everyone hears:
"Hurler Ravage!"

If any Kaalatala close within charging distance, or if Raven Elk charges, Taylar intends to rush out and scream his battle cry in Maldrog, "So you like random violence?!" and attack with his baton. He will Thump with his attack.
OOC: What everyone hears:
"Du magst also zulfallige Gewalt!"

[sblock=Throw Spear]Raven Elk: 16(launch) + 15(precision) + 20(clarity) + 80(d100) = 131
131 + 100(point blank) = 231
Kaalatala: 17(preservation) + 13(konokoro) + 84(d100) = 114
Damage: 231 - 114 = 117% * 20 = 23
Body: 10 - 23 = -13: incapacitated
Mind: 10 - 13 = -3: unconscious
Essence: 10 - 3 = 7: dying[/sblock]
GM: Raven Elk instantly sees that the knife will not be necessary. At such close range, his single spear throw near kills the Kaalatala, out right. As it is, he is still on the ground, dying, as Taylar rushes by to intercept the second.

[sblock=Assault]Taylar: 20(attack) + 16(precision) + 17(fury) + 74(d100) = 127
Kaalatala: 24(defend) + 17(preservation) + 13(konokoro) + 73(d100) = 127[/sblock]
[sblock=Thump]Taylar: 34 + 74(d100) = 108
Kaalatala: 23(conditioning) + 13(fury) + 86(d100) > 108[/sblock]
GM: By odd circumstance, the Kaalatala uses his javelin to deflect Taylar's baton, and the pulsation of the thump, which everyone hears as a loud booming sound, has no detrimental effect.

[sblock=Character Data]
OOC: Vittero: full health
tunic: 59/60
arrows: 11
Kaalatala: incapacitated
Kaalatala: hurt (Body - 7 = 3)
Taylar: full health
pants: 34/40
Kaalatala: full health
Maka: full health
tunic: 33/50
arrows: 11
Kaalatala: incapacitated (Body - 13 = -3)
Raven Elk: full health
tunic: 57/60
Kaalatala: dying (Body - 23 = -13
Adisakti: full health
[/sblock]
GM: Adisakti is still hidden and his location is completely unknown. It is likely that an opponent will shortly close to his position. Maka has now been located and the enemy is approaching as directly as possible. The remaining Kaalatala seem intent on engaging their nearest crew member, if not already engaged. New intentions are needed.
 
Last edited:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Adi decides to stay put, knowing that V will have more company soon. He peeks around the tree trunk watching and waiting for the enemy to come by so he can attack. He will add thump to any attack.
 


Waynan

Adventurer
Supporter
Sensing that the Essence of the Kaalatala that he attacked is still within him, Raven Elk kneels down to pull the spear out: but also, to touch the Kaalatala over his heart and uses Way to draw out what is left of his Essence to strengthen his own. This was something Ma had told him. When you knew they were dying, it was sometimes helpful to draw out what was left for yourself (as a Warrior would) or to transfer to transfer to the family members to help them know the new journey their departed love one was now on. (as she heard practitioners like her would use that could use Way in that manner).

OOC: GM NOTE:
Richelle's ability to manipulate Way is trivial as she is a Diviner. What she can do is related to Hermetics (plants and animals not people). Animals do not have an Essence, only sentient beings do.

While a novice character can withdraw the essence from another person using Dissemble, it is simple released. It cannot be used for any purpose. Trying to keep it for oneself is like trying to pour more liquid into a full cup. It just pours out over the side and is lost.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Taylar intends to jab the iron shod end of his baton into the abdomen of the Kaalatala and manipulate Way to Heat his opponent.
 
Last edited:

Waynan

Adventurer
Supporter
Raven Elk, as he pulls the spear out of the Kaalatala's dying body, realizes that there is something strange and dark about trying to pull Essence from someone else to use for oneself and gives up on the process realizing that this leads nowhere --- at least nowhere he wants to travel.

He stands to help Taylar with the other Kaalatala.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 217: Continued Combat

Adi decides to stay put, knowing that V will have more company soon. He peeks around the tree trunk watching and waiting for the enemy to come by so he can attack. He will add thump to any attack.
Maka will shoot at the nearest enemy...
Taylar intends to jab the iron shod end of his baton into the abdomen of the Kaalatala and manipulate Way to Heat his opponent.
Raven Elk, as he pulls the spear out of the Kaalatala's dying body, realizes that there is something strange and dark about trying to pull Essence from someone else to use for oneself and gives up on the process realizing that this leads nowhere --- at least nowhere he wants to travel.


He stands to help Taylar with the other Kaalatala.
Vittero will continue to use his bow as a shield to deflect the enemy's javelin, while again trying to hit him to manipulate Way. Since the enemy is already injured, he will try heat this time.
[sblock=Speed of Attack]Adisakti: no roll necessary
Maka: 15(readiness) + 15(impetus) + 15(fury) + 92(d100) = 137
137 - 30(armor) - 200(bow) = -93
Kaalatala Novice: 36(readiness) + 23(impetus) + 15(fury) + 54(d100) = 128
128 - 15(armor) - 100(movement) = 13
Kaalatala: 24(readiness) + 17(impetus) + 13(fury) + 92(d100) = 146
146 - 10(armor) - 150(movement) = -14
Kaalatala: 54 + 74(d100) = 128
128 - 10(armor) - 150(movement) = -32
Taylar: 16(readiness) + 16(impetus) + 17(fury) + 91(d100) = 140
140 - 36(armor) - 100(baton) = 4
Kaalatala: 24(readiness) + 17(impetus) + 13(fury) + 72(d100) = 126
126 - 10(armor) - 100(javelin) = 16
Raven Elk: 16(readiness) + 15(impetus) + 20(fury) + 84(d100) = 135
135 - 32(armor) - 100(spear) = 3
Vittero: 16(readiness) + 17(impetus) + 17(fury) + 61(d100) = 111
111 - 32(armor) - 100(way) = -21
Kaalatala Novice: 36(readiness) + 23(impetus) + 15(fury) + 22(d100) = 96
96 - 15(armor) - 150(movement) = -69
Kaalatala Novice: 36 + 23 + 15 + 41(d100) = 115
115 - 15(armor) - 200(movement) = -100
Kaalatala: 24 + 17 + 13 + 30(d100) = 84
84 - 10(armor) - 150(movement) = -76
Kaalatala: 54 + 52(d100) = 106
106 - 10(armor) - 100(javelin) - 70(injured) = -74[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Data]
OOC: Vittero: full health
tunic: 59/60
arrows: 11
Kaalatala: incapacitated
Kaalatala: hurt (Body - 7 = 3)
Taylar: full health
pants: 34/40
Kaalatala: full health
Maka: full health
tunic: 33/50
arrows: 11
Kaalatala: incapacitated (Body - 13 = -3)
Raven Elk: full health
tunic: 57/60
Kaalatala: dying (Body - 23 = -13
Adisakti: full health
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 217: Taylar & Raven Elk

[sblock=Speed of Attack]Adisakti: no roll necessary
Maka: 15(readiness) + 15(impetus) + 15(fury) + 92(d100) = 137
137 - 30(armor) - 200(bow) = -93
Kaalatala Novice: 36(readiness) + 23(impetus) + 15(fury) + 54(d100) = 128
128 - 15(armor) - 100(movement) = 13
Kaalatala: 24(readiness) + 17(impetus) + 13(fury) + 92(d100) = 146
146 - 10(armor) - 150(movement) = -14
Kaalatala: 54 + 74(d100) = 128
128 - 10(armor) - 150(movement) = -32
Taylar: 16(readiness) + 16(impetus) + 17(fury) + 91(d100) = 140
140 - 36(armor) - 100(baton) = 4
Kaalatala: 24(readiness) + 17(impetus) + 13(fury) + 72(d100) = 126
126 - 10(armor) - 100(javelin) = 16
Raven Elk: 16(readiness) + 15(impetus) + 20(fury) + 84(d100) = 135
135 - 32(armor) - 100(spear) = 3
Vittero: 16(readiness) + 17(impetus) + 17(fury) + 61(d100) = 111
111 - 32(armor) - 100(way) = -21
Kaalatala Novice: 36(readiness) + 23(impetus) + 15(fury) + 22(d100) = 96
96 - 15(armor) - 150(movement) = -69
Kaalatala Novice: 36 + 23 + 15 + 41(d100) = 115
115 - 15(armor) - 200(movement) = -100
Kaalatala: 24 + 17 + 13 + 30(d100) = 84
84 - 10(armor) - 150(movement) = -76
Kaalatala: 54 + 52(d100) = 106
106 - 10(armor) - 100(javelin) - 70(injured) = -74[/sblock]
The Kaalatala fighting Taylar is the fastest to reengage. He attempts to spear Taylar with his javelin.
[sblock=Assault]Kaalatala: 24(attack) + 17(precision) + 13(fury) + 92(d100) = 146
Taylar: 16(defend) + 16(preservation) + 16(konokoro) + 73(d100) = 121
Damage: 146 - 121 = 25% * 10 = 3 - 1(tunic) = 2
Body: 10 - 2 = 8: hurt
Taylar: 20(attack) + 16(precision) + 17(fury) + 98(d100) + 33(luck) = 184
Kaalatala: 24(defend) + 17(preservation) + 13(konokoro) + 86(d100) = 140
Damage: 184 - 140 = 44% * 30 = 13
Mind: 10 - 13 = -3: unconscious
Body: 10 - 3 = 7: hurt
Raven Elk: 15(attack) + 15(precision) + 20(fury) + 92(d100) + 50(luck) = 192
Kaalatala: 24 + 17 + 13 + 72(d100) = 126 - 50(2nd attacker) = 76
Damage: 192 - 76 = 116% * 20 = 23
Body: 7 - 23 = -16: incapacitated
Mind: 10 - 16 = -6: unconscious
Essence: 10 - 6 = 4: dying[/sblock]
GM: Taylar and the Kaalatala make about an even exchange, both able to hurt the other, but the addition of Raven Elk is more than the Kaalatala can defend against. After already being hurt, Raven Elk's spear stab leaves the Kaalatala dying.

Maka can readily see that two of the Kaalatala will reach him well before he can draw his bow.

[sblock=Character Data]
OOC: Vittero: full health
tunic: 59/60
arrows: 11
Kaalatala: incapacitated
Kaalatala: hurt (Body - 7 = 3)
Taylar: Body - 2 = 8: hurt
pants: 34/40
Kaalatala: dying
Maka: full health
tunic: 33/50
arrows: 11
Kaalatala: incapacitated (Body - 13 = -3)
Raven Elk: full health
tunic: 57/60
Kaalatala: dying (Body - 23 = -13)
Adisakti: full health
[/sblock]
OOC: Maka will be next.
 
Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Seeing that the two approaching foes are closing fast, Maka will give a war cry, and clock the nearest one in the head, using the bow as a club, while at the same time manipulating Way, creating a sonic wave (thump) in front of the blow, in order to make it hit harder.
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
[sblock=Speed of Attack]Adisakti: no roll necessary
Maka: 15(readiness) + 15(impetus) + 15(fury) + 92(d100) = 137
137 - 30(armor) - 100(strike) = 7
Kaalatala Novice: 36(readiness) + 23(impetus) + 15(fury) + 54(d100) = 128
128 - 15(armor) - 100(movement) = 13
Kaalatala: 24(readiness) + 17(impetus) + 13(fury) + 92(d100) = 146
146 - 10(armor) - 150(movement) = -14
Kaalatala: 54 + 74(d100) = 128
128 - 10(armor) - 150(movement) = -32
Vittero: 16(readiness) + 17(impetus) + 17(fury) + 61(d100) = 111
111 - 32(armor) - 100(way) = -21
Kaalatala Novice: 36(readiness) + 23(impetus) + 15(fury) + 22(d100) = 96
96 - 15(armor) - 150(movement) = -69
Kaalatala Novice: 36 + 23 + 15 + 41(d100) = 115
115 - 15(armor) - 200(movement) = -100
Kaalatala: 54 + 52(d100) = 106
106 - 10(armor) - 100(javelin) - 70(injured) = -74[/sblock]
Seeing that the two approaching foes are closing fast, Maka will give a war cry, and clock the nearest one in the head, using the bow as a club, while at the same time manipulating Way, creating a sonic wave (thump) in front of the blow, in order to make it hit harder.
Out51418.jpg

GM: Maka almost instantly adjusts his intention, but the Kaalatala Novice is still able to reach him and jab with his spear before he can adjust.

[sblock=Assault]Kaalatala Novice: 36(attack) + 23(precision) + 15(fury) + 74(d100) = 148
148 - 50(partial cover) = 98
Maka: 15(defend) + 15(preservation) + 15(konokoro) + 87(d100) = 132[/sblock]
GM: Using the benefit of being in between 2 trees, Maka is able to successfully defend against the first Kaalatala attack.

[sblock=Assault]Maka: 17(attack) + 15(precision) + 15(fury) + 83(d100) = 130
130 - 50(partial cover) = 80
Kaalatala Novice: 36(defend) + 23(preservation) + 15(konokoro) + 32(d100) = 106
Damage: 130 - 106 = 24% * 10 = 2 - 1(loincloth) = 1
Mind: 10 - 1 = 9: dazed[/sblock]
[sblock=Thump]Range: Touch
Affect: Essence + Confluence
Effectiveness:
  • Essence + Confluence +
  • Mind + Knowledge + Will +
  • Collegiate
By actively manipulating Way, this causes a rapid expansion of air creating a loud thump in the target's ears which can inflict stunning damage (loss of Mind).
Maka: 32 + 72(d100) = 104
KN: 35(conditioning) + 15(fury) + 20(d100) = 70
Damage: 104 - 70 = 34% * 13 = 4
Mind: 9 - 4 = 5: dazed[/sblock]
GM: The tree offers the same coverage for the Kaalatala, but he is unable to make as good of use of it, as Maka strikes his waist with his bow. Simultaneously generating a loud thump as he strike, the Kaalatala is even more stunned by the pulse of air.

The second and third foes reach Maka just as he dazes the first.

[sblock=Assault]Kaalatala: 24(attack) + 17(precision) + 13(fury) + 88(d100) = 142
142 - 50(partial cover) + 50(2nd opponent) = 142
Maka: 45 + 83(d100) = 128
Damage: 142 - 128 = 14% * 10 = 1 - 5(tunic) = -4
Kaalatala: 54 + 71(d100) = 125
125 - 50(partial cover) + 100(3rd opponent) = 175
Maka: 45 + 76(d100) = 121
Damage: 175 - 121 = 54% * 10 = 5 - 5(tunic) = 0[/sblock]
GM: Though Maka appears to be getting overwhelmed with enemies, he has prevailed uninjured thus far as his armor as prevented any javelin from finding flesh.

[sblock=Character Data]
OOC: Vittero: full health
tunic: 59/60
arrows: 11
Kaalatala: incapacitated
Kaalatala: hurt (Body - 7 = 3)
Taylar: Body - 2 = 8: hurt
pants: 34/40
Kaalatala: dying
Maka: full health
tunic: 27/50
arrows: 11
Kaalatala: incapacitated (Body - 13 = -3)
Kaalatala Novice: dazed (Mind = 5)
Kaalatala: full health
Kaalatala: full health
Raven Elk: full health
tunic: 57/60
Kaalatala: dying (Body - 23) = -13
Adisakti: full health
[/sblock]
OOC: Adisakti will be next.
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 217: Adisakti Takes Action

Adi decides to stay put, knowing that V will have more company soon. He peeks around the tree trunk watching and waiting for the enemy to come by so he can attack. He will add thump to any attack.
[sblock=Speed of Attack]Adisakti: no roll necessary
Vittero: 16(readiness) + 17(impetus) + 17(fury) + 61(d100) = 111
111 - 32(armor) - 100(way) = -21
Kaalatala Novice: 36(readiness) + 23(impetus) + 15(fury) + 22(d100) = 96
96 - 15(armor) - 150(movement) = -69
Kaalatala Novice: 36 + 23 + 15 + 41(d100) = 115
115 - 15(armor) - 200(movement) = -100
Kaalatala: 54 + 52(d100) = 106
106 - 10(armor) - 100(javelin) - 70(injured) = -74[/sblock]
GM: When the first of the two new Kaalatala sounds as if he is about to pass, Adisakti steps into the path swinging his staff, culminating his manipulation of Way as he does.

[sblock=Concealment]Adisakti: 12(inversion) + 17(stealth) + 90(d100) + 82(luck) = 201
Kaalatala Novice: 15(konokoro) + 23(perception) + 44(d100) = 82
Surprise: 201 - 82 = 119[/sblock]
[sblock=Assault]Adisakti: 9(attack) + 22(precision) + 11(fury) + 75(d100) = 117 + 119(surprise bonus) = 236
KN: 23(preservation) + 15(konokoro) + 53(d100) = 91
Damage: 236 - 91 = 145% * 20 = 29
Body: 10 - 29 = -19: incapacitated
Mind: 10 - 19 = -9: unconscious
Essence: 10 - 9 = 1: dying[/sblock]
[sblock=Thump]Adisakti: 28 + 74(d100) = 102
KN: 35(conditioning) + 63(d100) = 98
Damage: 102 - 98 = 4% * 9 = ineffective[/sblock]
GM: Perhaps the Kaalatala was too focused on his target. Perhaps it was mere luck. Either way, Adi surprises his target as he steps toward him whirling has staff into the Novice's head, the echo of the thump resounding with the contact. The Kaalatala's head cracks with the force of the blow as blood begins to trickle from the wound as well as his nose and right ear. The foe falls straight backward. His counterpart barely notices as he rushes by toward Vittero.
Vittero reacts faster than the injured Kaalatala with whom he is already fighting and stabs at him with his dagger, still using his bow in his left hand to block.

[sblock=Assault]Vittero: 13(attack) + 17(precision) + 17(fury) + 70(d100) = 117
Kaalatala: 24(defend) + 17(preservation) + 13(konokoro) + 20(d100) = 74
Damage: 117 - 74 = 43% * 10 = 4
Body: 3 - 4 = -1: incapacitated
Mind: 10 - 1 = 9: dazed[/sblock]
GM: Vittero flicks his knife into the Kaalatala, making a minor cut, but it is enough with the injuries already sustained to incapacitate him just as the Novice thrusts his javelin.

[sblock=Assault]Kaalatala: 36(attack) + 23(precision) + 15(fury) + 42(d100) = 116
Vittero: 16(defend) + 17(preservation) + 18(konokoro) + 97(d100) + 88(luck) = 236[/sblock]
GM: The falling first opponent provides a considerable bit of luck for Vittero, allowing him to easily avoid the second attacker.

[sblock=Character Data]
OOC: Vittero: full health
tunic: 59/60
arrows: 11
Kaalatala: incapacitated
Kaalatala: incapacitated
Kaalatala Novice: full health
Taylar: Body - 2 = 8: hurt
pants: 34/40
Kaalatala: dying
Maka: full health
tunic: 27/50
arrows: 11
Kaalatala: incapacitated (Body - 13 = -3)
Kaalatala Novice: dazed (Mind = 5)
Kaalatala: full health
Kaalatala: full health
Raven Elk: full health
tunic: 57/60
Kaalatala: dying (Body - 23) = -13
Adisakti: full health
Kaalatala Novice: dying
[/sblock]
OOC: Maka is still involved with 3 opponents. Vittero has 1. Everyone else is free of active combat. Maka can take a step back when he reacts hoping to cause one of his opponents to move between the trees which would force the other 2 to move around in order to still attack. Everyone should state intentions.
 

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Adi, stands, pleased with him self, he looks around and doesn't see Maka but hears the sound of combat to his left. He runs into the trees toward the sound, attempting to quiet his steps and hoping to find Maka before it's too late.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top