• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

RPGs TUW: The Outpost

Waynan

Explorer
The book is very boring and difficult to read. It begins with commands from someone named Bishop Phillipe and then proceeds like a travel log. It discusses encounters with small clans of Kaalatala, Evipau, and Kinamin before printing commands to search the fishing villages for heretics and blighters. It also gives a command to recruit suitable flesh for new soldiers and female spies. The recruits are to be brought to the Cathedral of Light to begin Deprivation Training.
Raven Elk ponders the words of the journal Vittero helped him "read" and understand. He was taught by Ma the importance of the Cycle of Life and of its Connectivity, like a Web where everything connects to everything else. ~This new religion was a disease, a poison, a curse against that Cyclical Web.~ Whether he and his friends would be able to do more than what they had done to stop it (at least here), Raven Elk had no surety of what their future held; but if they came upon this cancerous sect again, he would do whatever he could to end, or curb, this Cathedral of Light's dark cause.

After he and the party have been there for awhile, he asks his friends as they are sitting at table, eating a filling if plain repast:
"So, my friends, I think we are nearly finished here. What do we do at this point? Stay and help longer, though I feel that this village is well on its feet? Return home? Or, check on this cult called The Cathedral of Light?"

He sets down his knife and fork, bows his head a little and finishes:
"I do not mean to seem unfeeling or uncaring about these people; but, Except for small projects and finishing touches, the homes, barns and meeting houses are done. The hurt are nearly, if not fully healed. The worse cases, the ones still in trauma over the attack of their village, need time; for Way heals the body, but only time, caring and love can heal the mind and the soul. What say you, my friends?"
 
Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Days 268 - 276: The Fishing Village

OOC: All characters receive 10 developmental points.

When the Outliers return with the rescued captives and the few soldiers, there are mixed responses from the villagers. The families whose children have been returned are tearful and joyous. One of the more outspoken villagers begins to complain loudly and criticize the existence of the soldiers. He begins to incite others into forming a lynch mob to kill them until Vittero gets involved. He steps forward toward the antagonistic man and raises his left hand until the other villagers quiet and listen.

"The Dawn is about rebirth, a renewing, a chance to begin again, perhaps on a different path. You cannot advocate the malevolence on other that you have received, for how would that make you any different? These soldiers have returned, at risk to themselves, to make reparations for the wrongs they have caused in their misguided mission. These soldiers were the tools of wonton destruction, but they were only the tools. They are now tools of renovation. I propose to you that not only are these men desirous of making amends, they can become viable members of this community."

Adisakti stares at Vittero, with his mouth agape. The uncharacteristic voice of wisdom muting his usual adolescent retort. Most of the villagers quickly adhere to his words, willing to forgive. A few will take longer. The main instigator may never see things a different way, but he grumbles under his breath and moves away.

If there are any comely women there Taylar will attempt to seduce them.
[sblock=Negotiate] 23(Negotiate) + 18(Clarity) + 50(d100) = 91[/sblock]
GM: The prettiest girls of the village, at least the prettiest faces, are the ones who were previously kidnaped. Taylar decides to leave these alone, as they may yet be too traumatized. They are really too skinny, anyway. Being part of a momentary group of heroes and a bit exotic as a Maldrog, Taylar finds other young woman of the village reception to his attentions, especially one, who at first glance is not expressly pretty and seems slightly thick. Her unclothed appearance, however, proves a deceptive improvement and her company pleasurable conclusion to the end of each day.

Kwargrow said:
Taylar says, "... Would your father or anyone else have a book about places like the Keep of the Rising Sun? Perhaps we can be the first to write about it."
Vittero shrugs. "That I do not know. He only taught me to read and write Thisidan. We will have to ask."

Maka will pry the gemstone out of the statuette, and combine it with a leather cord, to make a crude bracelet for his left wrist.
[sblock=Bracelet]30(mercantile) + 22(clarity) + 50(d100) = 102[/sblock]
GM: Maka has no difficulty prying the stone loose and discarding its figurine. He fashions a simple bracelet from the leather cord. Admiring his handiwork, he is more pleased with his result than he expected.

Raven Elk ponders the words of the journal... "So, my friends, I think we are nearly finished here. What do we do at this point? Stay and help longer, though I feel that this village is well on its feet? Return home? Or, check on this cult called The Cathedral of Light?"
Vittero interrupts. "Hold up there. The Cathedral of Light is not a cult. It is a building. It is the center for the main religion of the land. The same religion these people here follow. The same religion the people of Outpost follow. My father is our Priest of the Dawn for a part of that religion. You ma follows the Dawn as part of the same religion."

"The religion is benevolent. Most religions are. The religion of Maka's people is very similar, mostly the names are different. It is definitely something I think we should look into. Someone has apparently risen to power with the religion and is abusing that power for their own gains. I think we need to be looking for a who, not a what."

GM: The crew spends a week helping the villagers repair the previous damage and recover from losses. The children recover quickly and seem to show no sign of their previous ordeal. The soldiers are eventually accepted into the community, though the one surly individual continues to grumble, apparently he is a complainer. The villagers are friendly and grateful for the assistance of the Outliers, and everyone feels that they have accomplished what they set out to do.

Waynan said:
(Raven Elk) sets down his knife and fork, bows his head a little... "... except for small projects and finishing touches, the homes, barns and meeting houses are done... What say you, my friends?"
OOC: I will wait for the other players to respond for their characters before I directly answer this from Vittero or Adisakti.

[sblock=Journal]Acolyte Avery reports to and receives his orders from Bishop Phillipe, but ultimately everything comes from the Divine Praetor, and that the priesthood has begun to proclaim prophetic visions which are dictating the current actions of the church and as a result, the soldiers.[/sblock]
[sblock=Inventory]
OOC: Current Inventory:
4-Wheeled Cart pulled by 2 donkeys
Coins:
  • chest of various coins
  • francs: 121
Animal Parts:
  • Beetle Carapaces: 31
  • Large Beetle Carapaces: 11
  • Fisher Hides: 30% cover
  • Grizzly Hide: 360% cover
  • Dove Feathers: 10 sets: {Health +1}
  • Rock Pigeon Feathers: 3 sets: {Health +1}
  • Boar Tusk: 2 pair: {Confluence +1}
  • Running Bird Tail Feathers: 6 sets: {Confluence +1}
  • Mourning Bird Tail Feathers: 1 set: {Persona +2}(-Persona x2)
  • Grizzly Skull
Minerals:
  • Slate: 64: {Thump x2}
  • Flint: 10 {Heat x2}
  • Bloodstone: 2: {Confluence +1}
  • Sunstone: 9: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
  • Heartstone: 5: {Confluence +1}
  • Lodestone: 2 {shock x2}
Ores:
  • Zinc Ingots: 19: {Health +1, Mend x2}
  • Tin Ingot: 13: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
  • Lead Ingot: 13: {Rend x2}
  • Iron Ingot: 20 {Confluence +1, Mend x2}
  • Chromium Ingot: 1: {Strength +1}
  • Calcium Ingot: 1: {Cohesion +1, Restore x2}
Plants:
  • Mend Leaves: 1 measure {Mend x2}
  • Muddle Leaves: 2 measure {Muddle x2}
  • Soothe Leaf: 1 measure {Soothe x2}
Unknown Items:
  • Angry Spirit Dust:
  • Grizzly Claws: 20:
.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Data]
OOC: Vittero: hurt
Body: 10 - 4 = 6
Bracers: 20 - 1 = 19
harnin arrows: 21
Taylar: hurt
Body: 10 - 13 = -3 + 7 = 4 + 4 = 8
Bracers: 20 - 14 - 14 = -8, ruined
Spaulders: 20 - 6 - 6 = 8
Tunic: 60 - 2 - 2 - 2 = 54
Maka: injured
Body: 10 - 1 - 4 = 5
Tunic: 50 - 6 - 6 = 37
harnin arrows: 23
Raven Elk: injured
Body: 10 - 9 = 1 + 3 = 4
Buckler: 20 - 1 = 19
Tunic 60 - 2 - 2 = 56
Adisakti: hurt
Body: 10 - 6 = 4 + 4 = 8
Tunic: 60 - 2 = 58%
javelins: 1
[/sblock]
[sblock=Party Discovers]Acolyte Avery's Ledger
Slate Boulder: 76 stones worth, East Pass
Tin Vein: 43 stones worth, East Pass
Zinc Vein: 61 ingots worth, 7 days north East Pass
Keep of the Rising Sun[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Maka seems thoughtful for several moments before speaking, "I think you're right. This village is well on the road to recovery. We should move on, and try to find out more about the one they call Bishop Phillipe. He is the closest link to what happens locally. I suspect that the Bishop may have more acolytes under his tutelage than just Avery. We should think about ways to discover the extent of the network of these extremists, so that we can figure out a way to disrupt it. If we take out the soldiers first, the organization will weaken, leaving the leaders vulnerable."
 

Kwargrow

Explorer
Taylar says, "We should return to Outpost and check on things there. Perhaps our town priest has more information about this malevolent group and their doings."

Going through the inventory he adds, "We should talk about what we want to do with these hides. Perhaps we can all get a piece of armor made from the grizzly hide, a set unique to our group. I would like to get a tunic or tabbard made from the one of the fisher hides. I'm still wearing wool right now."
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Days 277 - 284: Returning to Outpost

Maka seems thoughtful for several moments before speaking, "... We should move on, and try to find out more about the one they call Bishop Phillipe..."
Taylar says, "We should return to Outpost and check on things there. Perhaps our town priest has more information about this malevolent group and their doings."
[sblock=Passive Search]Raven Elk: 17(obscure) + 23(analysis) = 40
Maka: 30 + 19 = 49
Vittero: 23 + 23 = 46
Adisakti: 28 + 15 = 43
Taylar: 24 + 18 = 42[/sblock]
The trip from this particular fishing village on the Windy Coast back to The Outpost is a ten day journey. The Outliers take their newly acquired wagon and pair of donkeys to pull it and begin following the mildly winding path at a leisurely pace. No one is specifically searching for danger or game, but the natural attentiveness of the group misses little activity.

Only one day into the trip, the party is ambushed by a gang of assassin spiders. Though formidable to the average traveler and to common game, they pose no real threat and 8 of them are killed before the remaining 2 flee. The minor hurts and effects from the venom are easily rectified and travel is not delayed.

Nothing of particular note is encountered over the next four days, except two different pods of large beetles.

On the sixth day of travel, a group of Kaalatala youths are seen and, having encounter some of the sociopathic psychotics before, trouble is expected. The Faethrins see the party almost as quickly as they, themselves, are noticed. With only a couple of seconds needed to assess the situation, the Kaalatalans run, heading northward through the trees.

On the seventh day of travel, moving from east to west ahead of the crew, an unfamiliar group of Faethrins is seen at about 100 paces. Their direction of travel does not put them on a specific path to meet, but they seem much more seasoned and wary than the Kaalatala. These Faethrins are fairly tall, having smoke gray skin that has been dyed in various patterns with dark blues, purples, and blacks and long, inky black hair. They are all dressed in shirts, skirts, and boots made from skins and are all carrying bows, at the ready.

OOC: It had been determined that everyone can acquire a tunic or some such piece of armor from the single bear hide. This will be handled when the party returns.

[sblock=Journal]Acolyte Avery reports to and receives his orders from Bishop Phillipe, but ultimately everything comes from the Divine Praetor, and that the priesthood has begun to proclaim prophetic visions which are dictating the current actions of the church and as a result, the soldiers.[/sblock]
[sblock=Inventory]
OOC: Current Inventory:
4-Wheeled Cart pulled by 2 donkeys
Coins:
  • chest of various coins
  • francs: 121
Animal Parts:
  • Beetle Carapaces: 31
  • Large Beetle Carapaces: 11
  • Fisher Hides: 30% cover
  • Grizzly Hide: 360% cover
  • Dove Feathers: 10 sets: {Health +1}
  • Rock Pigeon Feathers: 3 sets: {Health +1}
  • Boar Tusk: 2 pair: {Confluence +1}
  • Running Bird Tail Feathers: 6 sets: {Confluence +1}
  • Mourning Bird Tail Feathers: 1 set: {Persona +2}(-Persona x2)
  • Grizzly Skull
Minerals:
  • Slate: 64: {Thump x2}
  • Flint: 10 {Heat x2}
  • Bloodstone: 2: {Confluence +1}
  • Sunstone: 9: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
  • Heartstone: 5: {Confluence +1}
  • Lodestone: 2 {shock x2}
Ores:
  • Zinc Ingots: 19: {Health +1, Mend x2}
  • Tin Ingot: 13: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
  • Lead Ingot: 13: {Rend x2}
  • Iron Ingot: 20 {Confluence +1, Mend x2}
  • Chromium Ingot: 1: {Strength +1}
  • Calcium Ingot: 1: {Cohesion +1, Restore x2}
Plants:
  • Mend Leaves: 1 measure {Mend x2}
  • Muddle Leaves: 2 measure {Muddle x2}
  • Soothe Leaf: 1 measure {Soothe x2}
Unknown Items:
  • Angry Spirit Dust:
  • Grizzly Claws: 20:
.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Data]
OOC: Vittero: full health
Bracers: 20 - 1 = 19
harnin arrows: 21
Taylar: full health
Bracers: 20 - 14 - 14 = -8, ruined
Spaulders: 20 - 6 - 6 = 8
Tunic: 60 - 2 - 2 - 2 = 54
Maka: full health
Tunic: 50 - 6 - 6 = 37
harnin arrows: 23
Raven Elk: full health
Buckler: 20 - 1 = 19
Tunic 60 - 2 - 2 = 56
Adisakti: full health
Tunic: 60 - 2 = 58%
javelins: 1
[/sblock]
[sblock=Party Discovers]Acolyte Avery's Ledger
Slate Boulder: 76 stones worth, East Pass
Tin Vein: 43 stones worth, East Pass
Zinc Vein: 61 ingots worth, 7 days north East Pass
Keep of the Rising Sun[/sblock]
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Maka kneels in place, and motions for the others to do the same. In a quiet voice, he says:

Maka: "Don't make any sudden moves. Maybe they'll pass us by. I have a bad feeling about them, and I'm not sure we should do anything to attract their attention."
 

Kwargrow

Explorer
Taylar makes an effort to stay out of sight, but his body language shows his desire to confront these Faethrins. "I will not initiate a fight the rest of you wish to avoid, but this group might be looking for us."
 

Waynan

Explorer
Raven Elk stays with Taylar. He reaches a what he hopes to be a calming hand upon his friend's shoulder.

"My good friend," Raven Elk says to Taylar, "Let us be patient and trust our friends in this, I think I see a plan Maka, and probably Vittero, have in mind. Let's watch a bit before we confront these Faethrin. After all, with their bows, these Faethrin have the advantage before you or I could ever get close enough to do them serious harm."
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 284: Unknown Faethrins

Maka kneels in place, and motions for the others to do the same. In a quiet voice, he says...
Vittero does not kneel. He eases to the right side of the path planning to conceal himself within the shadows, his bow is at ready. Adisakti follows Maka's lead, using the wagon as cover.

Taylar makes an effort to stay out of sight, but his body language shows his desire to confront these Faethrins...
Raven Elk stays with Taylar...
The Faethrins move in a nondescript line across the path and very quietly back into the trees. They continue to weave away to the left of the party's facing, edging ever closer as they go.

One of the donkeys suddenly whinnies, nervously. The two closest of the others immediately take aim through the trees but do not fire. They can apparently see the, seemingly, unattended donkeys and wagon. They speak a few quick, quiet words in an unfamiliar language and then begin to fan out, approaching the wagon cautiously.

They are currently at a distance of about 50 paces, moving closer through the forest of large pines with very little undergrowth.
OOC: Think, length of a football field


OOC: It had been determined that everyone can acquire a tunic or some such piece of armor from the single bear hide. This will be handled when the party returns.

[sblock=Journal]Acolyte Avery reports to and receives his orders from Bishop Phillipe, but ultimately everything comes from the Divine Praetor, and that the priesthood has begun to proclaim prophetic visions which are dictating the current actions of the church and as a result, the soldiers.[/sblock]
[sblock=Inventory]
OOC: Current Inventory:
4-Wheeled Cart pulled by 2 donkeys
Coins:
  • chest of various coins
  • francs: 121
Animal Parts:
  • Beetle Carapaces: 31
  • Large Beetle Carapaces: 11
  • Fisher Hides: 30% cover
  • Grizzly Hide: 360% cover
  • Dove Feathers: 10 sets: {Health +1}
  • Rock Pigeon Feathers: 3 sets: {Health +1}
  • Boar Tusk: 2 pair: {Confluence +1}
  • Running Bird Tail Feathers: 6 sets: {Confluence +1}
  • Mourning Bird Tail Feathers: 1 set: {Persona +2}(-Persona x2)
  • Grizzly Skull
Minerals:
  • Slate: 64: {Thump x2}
  • Flint: 10 {Heat x2}
  • Bloodstone: 2: {Confluence +1}
  • Sunstone: 9: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
  • Heartstone: 5: {Confluence +1}
  • Lodestone: 2 {shock x2}
Ores:
  • Zinc Ingots: 19: {Health +1, Mend x2}
  • Tin Ingot: 13: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
  • Lead Ingot: 13: {Rend x2}
  • Iron Ingot: 20 {Confluence +1, Mend x2}
  • Chromium Ingot: 1: {Strength +1}
  • Calcium Ingot: 1: {Cohesion +1, Restore x2}
Plants:
  • Mend Leaves: 1 measure {Mend x2}
  • Muddle Leaves: 2 measure {Muddle x2}
  • Soothe Leaf: 1 measure {Soothe x2}
Unknown Items:
  • Angry Spirit Dust:
  • Grizzly Claws: 20:
.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Data]
OOC: Vittero: full health
Bracers: 20 - 1 = 19
harnin arrows: 21
Taylar: full health
Bracers: 20 - 14 - 14 = -8, ruined
Spaulders: 20 - 6 - 6 = 8
Tunic: 60 - 2 - 2 - 2 = 54
Maka: full health
Tunic: 50 - 6 - 6 = 37
harnin arrows: 23
Raven Elk: full health
Buckler: 20 - 1 = 19
Tunic 60 - 2 - 2 = 56
Adisakti: full health
Tunic: 60 - 2 = 58%
javelins: 1
[/sblock]
[sblock=Party Discovers]Acolyte Avery's Ledger
Slate Boulder: 76 stones worth, East Pass
Tin Vein: 43 stones worth, East Pass
Zinc Vein: 61 ingots worth, 7 days north East Pass
Keep of the Rising Sun[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Explorer
Taylar intends to sneak to a large pine and hide in the shadow, keeping his sword and shield up in case any of the Faethrin fire at him. Once he is in position, he will manipulate Way to darken the shadows around him.
OOC: Roll: 84
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Waynan

Explorer
Raven Elk, feeling that if he moved right after Taylar it would draw too much attention, simply crouches where he is near the wagon and the pack animals. Noticing how the others are manipulating Way to blend with the natural shadows of the wood, Raven Elk does the same.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Maka, kneeling next to the wagon alongside Adi, manipulates Way to darken the shadows around him, as he takes careful aim. He does not intend to attack unless he perceives that the enemy will do so.

OOC: Reaction base roll: 80, Base attack roll: 99 + Luck (52) = 151
 
Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 284: Impending Conflict

OOC: All characters receive 10 DP.

Taylar intends to sneak to a large pine and hide in the shadow, keeping his sword and shield up in case any of the Faethrin fire at him. Once he is in position, he will manipulate Way to darken the shadows around him.
OOC: Roll: 84
Taylar moves less than the distance of one pace toward the left side of the road, pressing his left shoulder to the trunk of a suitable pine.

Raven Elk, feeling that if he moved right after Taylar it would draw too much attention, simply crouches where he is near the wagon and the pack animals. Noticing how the others are manipulating Way to blend with the natural shadows of the wood, Raven Elk does the same.
Maka, kneeling next to the wagon alongside Adi, manipulates Way to darken the shadows around him, as he takes careful aim. He does not intend to attack unless he perceives that the enemy will do so.
OOC: Reaction base roll: 80, Base attack roll: 99 + Luck (52) = 151
Adisakti nods to his companions who have taken positions near him on the far side of the wagon from the approach of the unfamiliar Faethrins. Vittero notices his friends intentions and remains where he is.
[sblock=Obscure]When successfully hidden, this task provides a bonus to a single melee attack or defense. It can provided a constant bonus to projectile attack and defense.

Taylar: 24(collegiate) + 18(bend light) + 84(d100) = 126
Vittero: 23(collegiate) + 23(bend light) + 79(d100) = 125
Raven Elk: 17(collegiate) + 23(bend light) + 50(d100) = 90
Maka: 30(collegiate) + 19(bend light) + 99(d100) + 52(luck) = 200
Adisakti: 28(collegiate) + 15(bend light) + 94(d100) + 47(luck) = 184[/sblock]
Once the approaching people have closed to within 20 paces, an arrow suddenly thunks into the side of the wagon, followed by some faint laughing off in the distance. The intent seems to have been to spook the donkeys into running, but the Faethrins could have no idea that these donkeys have been used in battle and are calmed by the presence of the Outliers kneeling near them.

A few unintelligible words are exchanged and the people continue to close.

OOC: It had been determined that everyone can acquire a tunic or some such piece of armor from the single bear hide. This will be handled when the party returns.

[sblock=Journal]Acolyte Avery reports to and receives his orders from Bishop Phillipe, but ultimately everything comes from the Divine Praetor, and that the priesthood has begun to proclaim prophetic visions which are dictating the current actions of the church and as a result, the soldiers.[/sblock]
[sblock=Inventory]
OOC: Current Inventory:
4-Wheeled Cart pulled by 2 donkeys
Coins:
  • chest of various coins
  • francs: 121
Animal Parts:
  • Beetle Carapaces: 31
  • Large Beetle Carapaces: 11
  • Fisher Hides: 30% cover
  • Grizzly Hide: 360% cover
  • Dove Feathers: 10 sets: {Health +1}
  • Rock Pigeon Feathers: 3 sets: {Health +1}
  • Boar Tusk: 2 pair: {Confluence +1}
  • Running Bird Tail Feathers: 6 sets: {Confluence +1}
  • Mourning Bird Tail Feathers: 1 set: {Persona +2}(-Persona x2)
  • Grizzly Skull
Minerals:
  • Slate: 64: {Thump x2}
  • Flint: 10 {Heat x2}
  • Bloodstone: 2: {Confluence +1}
  • Sunstone: 9: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
  • Heartstone: 5: {Confluence +1}
  • Lodestone: 2 {shock x2}
Ores:
  • Zinc Ingots: 19: {Health +1, Mend x2}
  • Tin Ingot: 13: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
  • Lead Ingot: 13: {Rend x2}
  • Iron Ingot: 20 {Confluence +1, Mend x2}
  • Chromium Ingot: 1: {Strength +1}
  • Calcium Ingot: 1: {Cohesion +1, Restore x2}
Plants:
  • Mend Leaves: 1 measure {Mend x2}
  • Muddle Leaves: 2 measure {Muddle x2}
  • Soothe Leaf: 1 measure {Soothe x2}
Unknown Items:
  • Angry Spirit Dust:
  • Grizzly Claws: 20:
.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Data]
OOC: Vittero: full health
Bracers: 20 - 1 = 19
harnin arrows: 21
Taylar: full health
Bracers: 20 - 14 - 14 = -8, ruined
Spaulders: 20 - 6 - 6 = 8
Tunic: 60 - 2 - 2 - 2 = 54
Maka: full health
Tunic: 50 - 6 - 6 = 37
harnin arrows: 23
Raven Elk: full health
Buckler: 20 - 1 = 19
Tunic 60 - 2 - 2 = 56
Adisakti: full health
Tunic: 60 - 2 = 58%
javelins: 1
[/sblock]
[sblock=Party Discovers]Acolyte Avery's Ledger
Slate Boulder: 76 stones worth, East Pass
Tin Vein: 43 stones worth, East Pass
Zinc Vein: 61 ingots worth, 7 days north East Pass
Keep of the Rising Sun[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Waynan

Explorer
Raven Elk can't help but flinch when the arrow strikes the wagon he's hiding behind. He waits for Vittero or Adi to strike first with their arrows, or maybe, they could just chase them off. Raven Elk felt that there had been enough killing, even if necessary.
 

Kwargrow

Explorer
Taylar waits in his shadow, his mind calm, for one of the approaching Faethrin to draw close enough for him to charge with his sword and shield. He was not looking for violence, but there is no doubt from those fired arrows that these strangers will attack on sight.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 284: Strategists

Raven Elk can't help but flinch when the arrow strikes the wagon he's hiding behind. He waits for Vittero or Adi to strike first with their arrows, or maybe, they could just chase them off. Raven Elk felt that there had been enough killing, even if necessary.
Taylar waits in his shadow, his mind calm, for one of the approaching Faethrin to draw close enough for him to charge with his sword and shield. He was not looking for violence, but there is no doubt from those fired arrows that these strangers will attack on sight.
The Faethrins continue to move forward in their random skirmish formation. They comment back and forth to one another as if unconcerned of any potential threat. When one of them closes within short bow range, Vittero lets his arrow fly.
[sblock=Projectile Assault]Vittero: 19(readiness) + 23(athletic) + 26(clarity) + 50(d100) + 50(range) = 168
Faethrin: 40(obscure) + 20(analysis) + 50(d100) = 110
Damage: 168 - 110 = 58% * 10 = 6 - 6(deflect) = 0[/sblock]
The arrow strikes one of the foes but fails to penetrate the hide tunic. One of the others laughs and makes a comment. "Vozmovhno oni budut drat'sya!"

Vittero curses silently to himself.

The unfamiliar Faethrins continue forward. They have arrows knocked to their bows, which are at ready. They are definitely looking for target, but have, as yet, located none. They stop moving forward at the edge of the roadway. Two are within a stride of Taylar, to either side of his concealing tree. They know the Outsiders are about but have yet to fire. They stand, scanning the area, the wagon and the donkeys.

~At least they are not shooting the donkeys.~ Vittero thinks.

One on the far end draws and fires, the arrow skipping under the wagon and narrowly missing Maka and Adisakti. He comments to the others and they begin to move to get better positions to fire.

OOC: It had been determined that everyone can acquire a tunic or some such piece of armor from the single bear hide. This will be handled when the party returns.

[sblock=Journal]Acolyte Avery reports to and receives his orders from Bishop Phillipe, but ultimately everything comes from the Divine Praetor, and that the priesthood has begun to proclaim prophetic visions which are dictating the current actions of the church and as a result, the soldiers.[/sblock]
[sblock=Inventory]
OOC: Current Inventory:
4-Wheeled Cart pulled by 2 donkeys
Coins:
  • chest of various coins
  • francs: 121
Animal Parts:
  • Beetle Carapaces: 31
  • Large Beetle Carapaces: 11
  • Fisher Hides: 30% cover
  • Grizzly Hide: 360% cover
  • Dove Feathers: 10 sets: {Health +1}
  • Rock Pigeon Feathers: 3 sets: {Health +1}
  • Boar Tusk: 2 pair: {Confluence +1}
  • Running Bird Tail Feathers: 6 sets: {Confluence +1}
  • Mourning Bird Tail Feathers: 1 set: {Persona +2}(-Persona x2)
  • Grizzly Skull
Minerals:
  • Slate: 64: {Thump x2}
  • Flint: 10 {Heat x2}
  • Bloodstone: 2: {Confluence +1}
  • Sunstone: 9: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
  • Heartstone: 5: {Confluence +1}
  • Lodestone: 2 {shock x2}
Ores:
  • Zinc Ingots: 19: {Health +1, Mend x2}
  • Tin Ingot: 13: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
  • Lead Ingot: 13: {Rend x2}
  • Iron Ingot: 20 {Confluence +1, Mend x2}
  • Chromium Ingot: 1: {Strength +1}
  • Calcium Ingot: 1: {Cohesion +1, Restore x2}
Plants:
  • Mend Leaves: 1 measure {Mend x2}
  • Muddle Leaves: 2 measure {Muddle x2}
  • Soothe Leaf: 1 measure {Soothe x2}
Unknown Items:
  • Angry Spirit Dust:
  • Grizzly Claws: 20:
.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Data]
OOC: Vittero: full health
Bracers: 20 - 1 = 19
harnin arrows: 21
Taylar: full health
Bracers: 20 - 14 - 14 = -8, ruined
Spaulders: 20 - 6 - 6 = 8
Tunic: 60 - 2 - 2 - 2 = 54
Maka: full health
Tunic: 50 - 6 - 6 = 37
harnin arrows: 23
Raven Elk: full health
Buckler: 20 - 1 = 19
Tunic 60 - 2 - 2 = 56
Adisakti: full health
Tunic: 60 - 2 = 58%
javelins: 1
[/sblock]
[sblock=Party Discovers]Acolyte Avery's Ledger
Slate Boulder: 76 stones worth, East Pass
Tin Vein: 43 stones worth, East Pass
Zinc Vein: 61 ingots worth, 7 days north East Pass
Keep of the Rising Sun[/sblock]
 

Kwargrow

Explorer
Taylar will take a small rock or stick, throw it around one side of the tree as a diversion and charge around the other. He will target one of the faethrin closest to his hiding spot, keeping his shield up to protect from close bow attacks, and swing with his sword.
OOC: Rolls: Distract (Mercantile): 25 + 65(d100) = 90; Attack: 94, 33
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
OOC:
Combat (2) + Readiness (16) + Athletic (30) + Clarity (22) + d100 from post above (151) = 221 (Not sure about range)


Maka will now attempt to shoot the closest enemy.
 

Waynan

Explorer
After his friend's range and distraction (Taylar) attacks, Raven Elk will leap out from behind the wagons and attack with his spear at the closest opponent.
OOC: Reaction Roll: 62, Base Attack Roll: 82
 
Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 284: In the Thick of It

Taylar will take a small rock or stick, throw it around one side of the tree as a diversion and charge around the other. He will target one of the faethrin closest to his hiding spot, keeping his shield up to protect from close bow attacks, and swing with his sword.
OOC: Rolls: Distract (Mercantile): 25 + 65(d100) = 90; Attack: 94, 33
Taylar looks at hi feet and retrieves a pine cone core, deposited there from high above by some tree rodent who pilfered its seeds. With his back to a tree, he pivots to his right to toss the cone and come face-to-face with an enemy only a pace away. The Faethrin still starts, having not perceived Taylar's presence so close to him.

Taylar forsakes the feint and pivots back to his left drawing his harnin shortsword as he moves from cover on the opposite side of the tree. Another Faethrin on that side is equally distant as the other, requiring Taylar to take a step forward as he swings, his enemy does not react quickly enough to fire first.
[sblock=Physical Assault]Taylar: 32(aggression) + 25(athletic) + 21(fury) + 94(d100) + 33(luck) = 205
Amiradtha: 30(readiness) + 40(obscure) + 20(analysis) + 81(d100) = 171
Damage: 205 - 171 = 34% * 20 = 7 - 6(deflect) = 1
Body: 10 - 1 = 9, hurt[/sblock]
Taylar manages an adequate assault that just cuts through his enemy's tunic. The Faethrin uses his motility to attempt to gain position to fire his arrow.
[sblock=Projectile Assault]Amiradtha: 30(launch) + 40(athletic) + 20(clarity) + 100(range) - 100(melee) = 80
Taylar: 25(obscure) + 21(analysis) + 50(d100) + 20(shield) > 80[/sblock]
Despite his best effort, the arrow only plunks into Taylar's shield.

Maka will now attempt to shoot the closest enemy.
[sblock=Reaction Time]Maka: 16(readiness) + 30(athletic) + 22(clarity) + 80(d100) = 148
Amiradtha: 30 + 40 + 20 + 50 = 140[/sblock]
Maka stands and sights a target before he can be targeted himself.
[sblock=Projectile Assault]Maka: 16(readiness) + 30(athletic) + 22(clarity) + 99(d100) + 52(luck) = 219 + 50(short range) = 269
Amiradthae: 30 + 40 + 20 + 50 = 140 + 50(short) = 190 (x2)[/sblock]
[sblock=Projectile Avoidance]Maka: 30(obscure) + 19(analysis) + 50(d100) = 99 *shield cannot be utilized while firing a bow
Damage: 190 - 99 = 91% * 8 = 7 - 7(deflect) = 0 (x2)
Tunic = 60 - 7 - 7 = 46

Amiradtha: 40 + 20 + 55 = 115
Damage: 269 - 115 = 154% * 10 = 15 - 6(deflect) = 9
Body: 10 - 9 = 1, injured[/sblock]
Maka fires his bow, but two of the enemies' arrows are in flight toward him before his strikes home. Maka's arrow viciously stabs through one Faethrin's hide tunic, causing severe injury. Two arrows strike Maka, but neither is able to penetrate his fabric tunic.

After his friend's range and distraction (Taylar) attacks, Raven Elk will leap out from behind the wagons and attack with his spear at the closest opponent.
OOC: Reaction Roll: 62, Base Attack Roll: 82
Raven Elk moves from cover, heading northward, behind the wagon. He sees two Faethrins taking aim at him.
[sblock=Reaction Time]Raven Elk: 19(readiness) + 17(athletic) + 24(clarity) + 62(d100) = 132
Amiradthae: 30 + 40 + 20 + 50 = 140[/sblock]
[sblock=Speed of Action]Raven Elk: 48(armor) + 200(move) - 132(reaction) = 116
Amiradthae: 28(armor) + 100(ready bow) - 140(reaction) = -12[/sblock]
Two Faethrins fire at Raven Elk before he can draw close enough to use his spear.
[sblock=Projectile Assault]Amiradthae: 190 (x2)
Raven Elk: 17(obscure) + 23(analysis) + 50(d100) + 20(shield) = 110
Damage: 190 - 110 = 80% * 8 = 6 - 2(deflect) = 4 (x2)
Body: 10 - 4 - 4 = 2, injured
Tunic: 60 - 6 - 6 = 48[/sblock]
[sblock=Physical Assault]Raven Elk: 18(aggression) + 17(athletic) + 24(fury) + 82(d100) = 141 *note: athletic represents accuracy, fury represents the manipulation of Way
Amiradtha: 140[/sblock]
Raven Elk takes two arrows and finds himself in dire condition, unable to effectively attack his selected foe.

From his hidden location in front of the main party's location, Vittero fires his own bow at an unsuspecting enemy. The arrow cuts through the Faethrin's neck causing him to lose consciousness and fall to the ground. Another Faethrin fires in Vittero's general direction; but with the obscuring shadows about him, he cannot successfully target.

Adi sees that Raven Elk is in trouble and about to be overwhelmed. He charges after his friend, launching a javelin which bores into the abdomen of one of Raven Elk's foes, incapacitating it. Two more of the enemy fire at Adisakti, but the damage he takes is not as serious as his friends.

Though unsuspecting of such resistance, the Faethrins, who the Outliers learn are Amiradtha, seem intent on continuing the battle.

OOC: It had been determined that everyone can acquire a tunic or some such piece of armor from the single bear hide. This will be handled when the party returns.

[sblock=Journal]Acolyte Avery reports to and receives his orders from Bishop Phillipe, but ultimately everything comes from the Divine Praetor, and that the priesthood has begun to proclaim prophetic visions which are dictating the current actions of the church and as a result, the soldiers.[/sblock]
[sblock=Inventory]
OOC: Current Inventory:
4-Wheeled Cart pulled by 2 donkeys
Coins:
  • chest of various coins
  • francs: 121
Animal Parts:
  • Beetle Carapaces: 31
  • Large Beetle Carapaces: 11
  • Fisher Hides: 30% cover
  • Grizzly Hide: 360% cover
  • Dove Feathers: 10 sets: {Health +1}
  • Rock Pigeon Feathers: 3 sets: {Health +1}
  • Boar Tusk: 2 pair: {Confluence +1}
  • Running Bird Tail Feathers: 6 sets: {Confluence +1}
  • Mourning Bird Tail Feathers: 1 set: {Persona +2}(-Persona x2)
  • Grizzly Skull
Minerals:
  • Slate: 64: {Thump x2}
  • Flint: 10 {Heat x2}
  • Bloodstone: 2: {Confluence +1}
  • Sunstone: 9: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
  • Heartstone: 5: {Confluence +1}
  • Lodestone: 2 {shock x2}
Ores:
  • Zinc Ingots: 19: {Health +1, Mend x2}
  • Tin Ingot: 13: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
  • Lead Ingot: 13: {Rend x2}
  • Iron Ingot: 20 {Confluence +1, Mend x2}
  • Chromium Ingot: 1: {Strength +1}
  • Calcium Ingot: 1: {Cohesion +1, Restore x2}
Plants:
  • Mend Leaves: 1 measure {Mend x2}
  • Muddle Leaves: 2 measure {Muddle x2}
  • Soothe Leaf: 1 measure {Soothe x2}
Unknown Items:
  • Angry Spirit Dust:
  • Grizzly Claws: 20:
.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Data]
OOC: Vittero: full health
Bracers: 20 - 1 = 19
harnin arrows: 21
Taylar: full health
Bracers: 20 - 14 - 14 = -8, ruined
Spaulders: 20 - 6 - 6 = 8
Tunic: 60 - 2 - 2 - 2 = 54
Maka: full health
Tunic: 50 - 6 - 6 = 37
harnin arrows: 23
Raven Elk: full health
Buckler: 20 - 1 = 19
Tunic 60 - 2 - 2 = 56
Adisakti: injured
Body: 10 - 2 - 2 = 6
Tunic: 60 - 2 - 2 - 2 = 52%
javelins: 1
[/sblock]
[sblock=Party Discovers]Acolyte Avery's Ledger
Slate Boulder: 76 stones worth, East Pass
Tin Vein: 43 stones worth, East Pass
Zinc Vein: 61 ingots worth, 7 days north East Pass
Keep of the Rising Sun[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Advertisement

Top