TUW: The Outpost

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
What do you think Taylar? Next time just fall over on the ground, when the enemy comes in to investigate we'll kill them.

Busy with his combat forms, the Mhytre does not answer at first. His body twists and contorts as he swings his baton as though expecting to fight any moment. As his friends have noticed before he does not repeat a single attack over and over, but modifies his stance and his grip as he practices, utilizing the whole of his Granbaton for attack and defense. He gives one last stretch and turns to Adi. Taylar chuckles and replies, "We haven't had any trouble luring our foes into traps. Their bloodthirsty nature makes them attack us on sight, but I would not like to get caught flat on the ground if I have to defend myself. In the right situation we could 'play possum', but I would advise against trying it just to see if it works."

OOC: plus I just tried this in the caravan game and it didn't friggin' work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Waynan

Adventurer
Taylar chuckles and replies, "We haven't had any trouble luring our foes into traps. Their bloodthirsty nature makes them attack us on sight, but I would not like to get caught flat on the ground if I have to defend myself. In the right situation we could 'play possum', but I would advise against trying it just to see if it works."

Raven Elk, stops his searching of the foliage for a bit to add:

"I have to agree with Taylar. Everyone, other peoples I mean, has been hostile or just plain vicious. Playing 'prison break' games will not work, save maybe among town folk, but we are no longer in a town."

With that, as they continue their march northward, Raven Elk goes back to trying to discover beneficial or new and unique plants.

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Days 247 - 249: The Mountains

The crew breaks camp at first light, leaving the road and traveling northward along the eastern face of the mountain range known as The Spine of The Wold. At such elevation, the temperature is much cooler, being warm during the day and mildly cool at night. The eastern face receives a slightly greater amount of rain during the year than the western face, so the trees are a bit larger, often obscuring any view of the flatter lands farther east.

Though travel by people along the Spine's ridge is rare. Animals must travel it more frequently, for the crew is able to follow definitive game trails with relative ease. The land and skies are teeming with life, but all creatures tend to keep their distance, except small birds and reptiles, common insects and spiders, and occasional varmints. The myriad of small reptilian life generating new fascination for Adisakti.
Taylar... will search for ores and metals, making iron his priority.
Maka nods in agreement with Taylar. He will also look for ores as he progresses, as well as keeping an eye out for pine twigs...
Raven Elk... concentrates on all of the folige they pass to see if he recognizes beneficial ones for health and healing, plus any new or unusual plants that he could utilize Way to discover their proclivities.
As they travel Adi attempts to spot reptiles that hide by changing the color of their skin.
[sblock=Prospecting]Taylar: 19 + 18(konokoro) = 37
Maka: 17 + 17(konokoro) = 34
Day 247: 37 + 33(d100) = 70
Day 248: 37 + 43(d100) = 80
Day 249: 37 + 41(d100) = 78
Iron: + 100(conduit)[/sblock]
[sblock=Forage]Maka: 17 + 17(konokoro) = 34
Raven Elk: 15 + 19(konokoro) = 34
Day 247: 34 + 22(d100) = 56
Day 248: 34 + 87(d100) = 121
Day 249: 34 + 72(d100) = 106[/sblock]
[sblock=Hunting]Adisakti: 24 + 10(empathy) = 34
Vittero: 20 + 19(empathy) = 39
Day 247: 39 + 86(d100) = 125
Day 248: 39 + 64(d100) = 103
Day 249: 39 + 96(d100) = 135[/sblock]
GM: During the travel, Taylar and Maka locate 3 ingots of tin and 3 rocks of iron containing a total of 15 ingots. Though a common ore, the proclivity of Tin is currently unknown. Maka and Raven Elk, in their search for plants, only discovers some edible herbs. While looking for animals, reptiles specifically for Adi and game for Vittero, in addition to common fauna, the two discover 2 different pods of large beetles and spook a flock of game birds.

Vittero will attempt to collect some of the large beetles and game birds.
GM: Vittero is able to collect 5 large beetles and 1 game bird. For the 3 days of travel the crew subsist on what little varmints Vittero can shoot and what little herbs Raven Elk and Maka were able to collect. At the close of the third day, the crew is hungry and has seen no sign of the Keep of the Rising Sun. Surprisingly, Vittero is able to recover all 16 arrows he fired, intact.

Vittero says,
"My head hurts from lack of food, but I still think that maybe the rumors have shrunk the distance over the years. Perhaps we should continue on, but for how many days? What say you?"
[sblock=Inventory]
OOC: Current Inventory:
  • francs: 121
  • Dove Tail Feathers: 1 set: {Cohesion +1}
  • Boar Tusk: 2 pair: {Confluence +1}
  • Rooster Tail Feathers: 1 sets: {Confluence +1}
  • Grouse Tail Feathers: 5 sets: {Cohesion +1}
  • Zinc Ingots: 13: {Health +1, Mend x2}
  • Calcium Ingot: 1: {Cohesion +1, Restore x2}
  • Bloodstone: 1: {Confluence +1}
  • Sunstone: 1: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
  • Heartstone: 1: {Confluence +1}
  • Lead Ingot: 1: {Rend x2}
  • Piece of Slate: 1: {mechanical way x2}
  • Piece of Flint: 1 {heat x2}
  • Lodestone: 1: {shock x2}
  • dried leaves: 1 measure: {Soothe x2}
  • Nightstone: 1: {?}
New Collections:
  • beetle carapaces: 18
  • large beetle carapace: 6
  • Flint: 2 {heat x2}
  • Heartstone: 4 {Confluence +1}
  • Iron Ingot: 20 {Confluence +1, Mend x2}
  • Lead Ingot: 12 {Rend x2}
  • Lodestone: 2 {shock x2}
  • Slate: 64 {Thump x2}
  • Sunstone: 7 {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
  • Tin Ingot: 3 {?}
  • Toxic Leaves: 1 measure {Muddle x2}
  • Zinc Ingot: 6 {Health +1, Mend x2}
[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Data]
OOC: Vittero: full health
arrows: 29
Taylar: full health
Maka: full health
arrows: 29
Raven Elk: full health
Adisakti: full health
[/sblock]

Last edited:

MacConnell

Interjection

OOC: plus I just tried this in the caravan game and it didn't friggin' work.
GM: LOL. In the Caravan Campaign, feigning dead was attempted on a whim without the other characters having knowledge of the attempt, thus the moving characters caused Sannit and Bolo to be ignored.

As a GM Tip however, playing bait is better than playing "possum" as the sacrificing character is not prone.

MacConnell

Huh!?

Raven Elk, stops his searching of the foliage for a bit to add:

"I have to agree with Taylar. Everyone, other peoples I mean, has been hostile or just plain vicious. Playing 'prison break' games will not work, save maybe among town folk, but we are no longer in a town."
Vittero looks up from his search for game and asks over at Raven,
"'Prison Break games'!? I know they have a prison in Thisidaboga, but where in the world did you come up with that name?"

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Taylar pushes his hair back out of his face as he gazes over the mountains. "Perhaps we should make camp for a few days, hunt and forage and collect a surplus of food that we can smoke to preserve it. It could be that the walls of the keep have all collapsed and only underground portions remain. If we have to explore an abandoned section, we might find ourselves in an area where food is too scarce to provide for all of us. This will also give us time to scout the area and become more familiar with our surroundings."

Taylar will leave the hunting to Maka and Vittero, but will help with foraging, focusing on edible plants. While foraging Taylar will also scout around, searching for signs of the keep and increasing his area knowledge.

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Since Maka and Vittero are going hunting, Adi runs off with Taylar... Besides, it'll give him more time to search for reptiles.

Waynan

Adventurer
Vittero looks up from his search for game and asks over at Raven,
"'Prison Break games'!? I know they have a prison in Thisidaboga, but where in the world did you come up with that name?"

Raven Elk answers: "You weren't the only one listening to the caravan guard's stories. Some of them worked at the Thisidaboga prison and told tales about prisoners faking illnesses and death to attempt a breakout of the jail. Most were unsuccessful in the end, but they did mention one jail break that succeeded. I wasn't able to catch if they caught them or not, but it made for a good story all the same...and food for thought; thus, the analogy."

Taylar pushes his hair back out of his face as he gazes over the mountains. "Perhaps we should make camp for a few days, hunt and forage and collect a surplus of food that we can smoke to preserve it. It could be that the walls of the keep have all collapsed and only underground portions remain. If we have to explore an abandoned section, we might find ourselves in an area where food is too scarce to provide for all of us. This will also give us time to scout the area and become more familiar with our surroundings."

Raven Elk again agrees with Taylar: "Good idea, Taylar. And, I know it's just greens so far, but maybe I can find some edible berries...maybe even some root vegetables for a staple."

Last edited:

Remove ads