TUW: The Outpost

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Adis runs out of this house gets about 50 feet away then runs back to grab his pack of provisions, surreptitiously taken from his mother's pantry. He goes running off toward the Hebalist's shop knowing his companions likely visited her before they left. Sprinting as hard as he can he arrives at Richelle's place out of breath. He stops a moment to calm down and makes sure he isn't too disheveled and dusty. Father always taught him to enter a shop with dignity, and to treat that persons property with respect.

After catching his breath Adis walks into the shop trying to act as much like his father as possible when he conducts business, but he can't avoid having a childish grin on his face. He is itching to find out where his friends went but feels the need to exchange pleasantries first, he doesn't realize he is fidgeting with impatience.

Mistress Richelle, good morning, fine weather we are having today, is it not?

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Mistress Richelle, good morning, fine weather we are having today, is it not?
GM: Raven Elk's ma looks at the young Shimadow, knowing him as the Brewer's son and as a friend of her own boy. Though she adopted Raven Elk as a small child and he is of a differing tribe than she, it is no matter. She still considers and raised him as a son, and Raven Elk calls her, 'Ma'.

"I thought you would have gone with those boys... Your father must have had some chores for you. Well don't fault them. They were all excited and left at first light."

She relates the issue of some large beetles cutting into one of her special herb fields about a day's journey eastward.

"Since it is about a ten hour walk, I am sure they will be readily distracted and taking their time. I do not expect them back for a day or two. You can likely catch them by midday or mid afternoon at the latest. Tell them to keep the shells of the beetles. I want to show them to the head huntsman."

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Adi pays attention, but his mind is already thinking of meeting his friends on the hunt, when she finishes. Adi smiles, grateful he didn't have to continue with the small talk, he'd heard his father discuss weather with other adults so it seemed the logical thing to lead with, but he wasn't sure where to go next.

Thank you, I'm sure I will find them quickly, and I will relay your message about keeping the shells, good bye!! Adi starts walking toward the door and manages to make it outside before breaking into a light jog he will be able to maintain for a mile or two.

Waynan

Adventurer
Raven Elk lets the fleeing beetle go and turns his attention to the beetles that have been flipped onto their backs, remembering how bludgeoning them seems to work better than trying to pierce them.

Using the butt of the spear shaft, Raven Elk strikes one of the flipped beetles against the area of what approximates the thorax on other insects.

"Great Spirit, thank you for bringing these gifts for shields and armor.", he says in a whisper, in prayerful homage to his perception of a Lord and giver of all things: good, bad and indifferent.

Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

Y 0: Day 159: Doldrums 39: Catching Friends

...Adi starts walking toward the door and manages to make it outside before breaking into a light jog he will be able to maintain for a mile or two.
GM: Adisakti Stolichnaya heads due southeast as Richelle had suggested. At a light jog, he knows he should cover ground at almost twice the pace of which his friends would be traveling. Surprisingly, he is able to maintain the pace even longer than he expected, before walking for about an hour then increasing the pace again. By midday, he eats some of the jerky his father had provided, while continuing to walk. ABout an hour later, Adi can smell the distinct aroma of a cookfire and follows the scent.

Waynan said:
...Using the butt of the spear shaft, Raven Elk strikes one of the flipped beetles against the area of what approximates the thorax on other insects.
GM: When Raven Elk smacks the first beetle, he notices that those toxic fumes are emitted when he breaks open the carapace. He backs away quickly hoping to avoid any more exposure. As the covering of the other upended insects are broken, the party moves back toward the cookfire to allow the toxic fumes to waft away before collecting the chitin.

OOC: Time = 1 hour[Loss/(Target Cohesion + Target Persona + Effectiveness + d100)]
Taylar: 1 hour * 4 / (1 + 0 + 76) = 3 minutes
Maka: 1 * 1 / (2 + 2 + 82) = 42 seconds

GM: Fortunately the dazing effect of the beetles does not last very long, and the smell of fresh, fire -cooked pork is a relish to Taylar and Maka, afterward. As those that wish it are enjoying an after battle snack and before the beetle carapaces are collected, Adisakti, the brewers son and party friend trots toward into sight, greeting everyone as he arrives.

Vittero smack himself in the forehead.
"I feel like an idiot. I cannot believe we left without you. Glad you caught up. Want some fresh meat? We have plenty!"
OOC: Earned Experience:
Adisakti who has just joined will be awarded XP next time. Everyone else receives 9 total.

If anyone needs assistance using the XP, let me know.

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Taylar greets Adisakti and says, "We were thinking of you, friend." He points to the their recent bug kills and adds, "We killed those beetles because we thought the carapace might make a good hat for you. Why don't you go try one on to see how it fits?" He lets out a deep laugh.

Last edited:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
I think we can all agree that you are in fact an idiot, Vittero. Adi says as he smiles and slaps Vittero on the back. But we'll keep you around anyway. Adi accepts the meat, then smells the acrid remains of the beetles. It smells like y'all had a great adventure, were the beetles great sport?...Oh yeah, before I forget, Raven, your ma said to bring the shells back in as good a condition as possible. In feigned seriousness, Adi pretends to study the carapace, then he sticks out is hand with is thumb and index finger in an "L" shape as if measuring the carapace, but then says... I don't think my head is big enough, Taylar, but yours might be...Adi give a hearty guffaw at his joke.

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Taylar chuckles and says, "Those bugs had a surprise for us. They sprayed this nasty biz at us that made me even dumber than usual." He holds up his baton. "Club still worked, though, but I am definitely going to add a hammer head on the end of this thing when we get back." His smile fades as he tells his friends seriously, "We should make sure any other beetles we come across don't have similar abilities before we go crashing their party."

Last edited by a moderator:

Waynan

Adventurer
"Yes. We could have found ourselves in deep trouble if more of us had succumbed to the ill vapors these bugs spewed forth.", Raven Elk adds in his taciturn way, but still greets Adisakti warmly, "Good to see you, Adi. We can use your help, my friend."

Raven Elk then begins to separate the upper and lower carapace from one of the beetle's innards. He plans on turning the upper carapace into a shield and the more flexible lower carapace into a breastplate. But, to make a quality set of these will have to wait until he gets home and works with the town armorer for it to come out best.

Last edited:

MacConnell

Y 0: D 159: Doldrums 39: To the Victor...

Raven Elk then begins to separate the upper and lower carapace from one of the beetle's innards. He plans on turning the upper carapace into a shield and the more flexible lower carapace into a breastplate. But, to make a quality set of these will have to wait until he gets home and works with the town armorer for it to come out best.
GM: As Raven Elk, Vittero, and any other who desire begin to work on separating the beetle carapaces, it is discovered that only the elitra, the divided back covering the protects the filamentous wings, can be saved. The under parts break into too many small pieces so that after attempting to take something of the first couple of beetles, the idea is discarded.

Vittero -
"These wing coverings are good and hard. They are not really wide enough for a hat."

He holds a pair up to his head, making a goofy looking hat. He laughs, making sure Taylar looks.
"In all due seriousness, though. I will bet Chass, the huntsman, can find a way to fashion them into bucklers or shin guards."

OOC: New Collections:
6 Brown Beetle Carapaces: 10% cover

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases