TUW: The Outpost

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Adi replies, "We could see you through the wall. So they know we are here, wherever here is, and Taylar spoke of following you through so, he should be along any moment."

Last edited by a moderator:

Waynan

Adventurer
Raven Elk looks at Taylar and says, "It appears that we can see them, but they cannot see us. Nor does it seem that they can return. We must be missing something. I'd like to to be able to use this ability, or system, or both, again. I'd like to investigate this place more. Maybe..."

Raven Elk doesn't finish the thought, at least not out loud. He does say,

"Taylar my old friend, help me find if there's a way to use this two ways...here to there, but there to here, also."

Raven Elk then begins to search the room thoroughly.

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Raven Elk and the Empty Room

Raven Elk looks at Taylar and says,... "Taylar my old friend, help me find if there's a way to use this two ways...here to there, but there to here, also."

Raven Elk then begins to search the room thoroughly.
GM: Raven Elk sees Taylar walk directly at the image on the left wall and pass through it like water. Taylar appears in all three images, with the remainder of the crew. Raven Elk stands alone in an empty room.

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Once Taylar is through the portal he will look behind him to where he hopes Raven Elk can still see him. He will shake his head and motion him over to let him know there is no portal on the other side. He might as well rejoin the group.

Thinking about how the azure man noticed their scrutiny, Taylar will manipulate Way and focus his attention on where he thinks the portal is. There must be some connection from the keep to this place in order for them to transport so easily. Taylar will try to find it.

MacConnell

Taylar and Divination

... Thinking about how the azure man noticed their scrutiny, Taylar will manipulate Way and focus his attention on where he thinks the portal is. There must be some connection from the keep to this place in order for them to transport so easily. Taylar will try to find it.
GM: The others near the ring of stones notice that Taylar seems to have put himself in a trance. He is obviously and uncharacteristically concentrating intensely. Try as he might he finds no Way lines associated with his transportation, no residues, no echo. It is as if the phenomenon had not occurred. This leaves two deductive possibilities: Either this manipulation is far beyond his talent or the arrival at this particular location is different from the site from which the azure and albino were observed.

Having nothing to go on, Vittero makes a beckon gesture from the opposite direction he was facing when he arrived, hoping Raven Elk will soon join the rest of the group. To the others he offers, "With the fact that we are in a pine wood of fairly large trees, if we are indeed near Outpost, we should be to its northwest. It will take an hour or so, but we can watch the shadows of the stones move so that we can orient our facing. While we wait, we may want to walk some scout expeditions in separate directions to see what may be at hand."

Last edited:

Waynan

Adventurer
Raven Elk, meanwhile, makes a more detailed search of the room, using the investigative methods Mom taught him. He checks the floor designs thoroughly, trying to understand the patterns logically and mystically: trying to see if there is a deeper link between common symbols from one wall to the next, all the while making sure that the scene where his friends are doesn't disappear.

He wanted to be able to get back anytime he chose.

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Maka's Response

Maka beckons toward where Raven Elk should be, "I know you can see me, my brother. Let's see if you can hear me as well; I am about to tell the others about the incident with Singing Bird and the skunk, unless you join us NOW."

OOC: Just trying to inject a little humor ;)

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Vittero said:
... we may want to walk some scout expeditions in separate directions to see what may be at hand."

Taylar says, "Before we wander off I want to get a good sketch of this area."

Taylar will take out his journal supplies and make as detailed a drawing as he can of the area where they emerged through the portal. He will mark the positions of the stones and scrutinize their rock faces to see if there are any carved details. If he finds any carvings he will record those and their position. He will walk from the stones to the nearest trees and mark how many paces it is. He will put his hands on the stones and manipulate Way to see if they resonate with any particular energy, as well as try to determine how deep the stones are set in the earth. He records this as well.

MacConnell

Raven Elk and the Room

Raven Elk, meanwhile, makes a more detailed search of the room, using the investigative methods Mom taught him.
GM: Search as he might, there is nothing else to be discovered within the room.

Waynan said:
He checks the floor designs thoroughly, trying to understand the patterns logically and mystically...
GM: The multitude of symbols and patterns upon the floor are far more complicated than anything Raven Elk can hope to understand at this juncture.

Remove ads