TUW: The Outpost

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
... Adisakti makes sure...
As Adisakti and Taylar move back from the brush to the road, Raven Elk shrugs a gesture of inquiry that receives little response, as not much of one is necessary. It was foolish of the young Nashurins to have attempted such an ambush. Two of them will, for certain, never again make such a mistake. Camp is made, not too long and not too far from the incident. The night is unpleasantly cool, as sometimes happens during the Chilling Season.

57E7575F-DB88-4BCF-9DA2-BEAD66775A55.jpeg

OOC: 1 square = 1 hour walking. The party is on the road west of trees west of Westford, which happens to be the name of the village to which the Outliers were heading.

Breaking camp early, to help warm the body, the men continue walking on their way. Birds begin to call as the morning sun peeks into view. As the sun just tops the treeline that can be seen in the distance, a larger traveling party seems to be breaking camp up ahead.

As the three men get closer, they can see that the party is a group of soldiers accompanying an ox-pulled wagon. As the men get within hailing distance, the soldiers are prepared to march. The coloration and insignia of their tunics indicates that they are Cathedral Soldiers. There are four men in a quad formation in front of the single ox cart, and four more behind. The soldiers seem to be trying to maintain a walking distance of about 20 strides from the cart. The ox, which is trained to pull the cart, is being guided by voice commands and a long rope.

On the cart is a cage, constructed from small timbers. Walking still closer, before being hailed by the soldiers, the men can see through the narrow gaps in the timbers that the cage does not hold some fearsome animal but, instead, a young woman, who looks like she may be of the Centrin tribe, her coloration being identical to those of the village visited, some time back, north of the Iron Mine. The girl makes eye contact through the bars, despite the distance. Her clothing begins to steam as she is, obviously, bending thermal waylines to warm and dry herself, a neat trick the three men realize that they have all done before, instinctively, but never within the confines of a town. Of course, this spot on the road is hours away from any town.

One of the soldiers in front calls. "Travelers, if you can understand my words, I suggest you give wide berth. We are taking this Heretic to West Cove for trial. You will not want to get close. We do not know what she can do."
GM: NOTE: For game mechanics, the guards are far enough to not yet be targeted, by anyone, for a mystical assault, though the cage and ox are within range for the girl.

Taylar: full wellness
Bracers: 16
Spaulders: 18 - 2 - 1 = 15
Tunic: 57 - 2 - 6 - 2 - 6 - 6 = 35 - 2 = 33
Raven Elk: full wellness
Buckler: 19
tunic: 57 - 4 - 6 - 1 = 46 - 2 = 44
Adisakti:: Body: 10 - 1 = 9, irritated.
tunic: 49 - 1 = 48
Bracers: 19 - 2 = 17
OOC: Current Inventory:
harnin short swords: 21 ( 14 in Refuge)
bronze colored Dancer's Spike
harnin Longsword
Coins:
marks: 141

Animal Parts:
Feline Leg Bone: 1. ??

Minerals:
Coal: 1: {Heat x3}
dark green opaque: 1: ??
Slate: 62: {Thump x2}
Flint: 4 {Heat x2}
Bloodstone: 2: {Confluence +1}
Sunstone: 7: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
Heartstone: 5: {Confluence +1}
Lodestone: 1 {shock x2}

Ores:
Zinc Ingots: 1: {Health +1, Mend x2}
Tin Ingot: 1: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
Lead Ingot: 10: {- Body x2}
Iron Ingot: 1 {Confluence +1, Mend x2}
Calcium Ingot: 1: {Cohesion +1, Restore x2}

Plants:
Lighter Pine: 7 measures {heat x2}

Unknown Items:
Angry Spirit Dust: ??
Acolyte Avery's Ledger (In Refuge)
DoD Training Ledger (In Refuge)
OOC: Everyone, even the girl, state intentions. Provide two random rolls (d100).

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Taylar intends to catch the eyes of his companions, attempting to convey with non-verbal cues that he plans to ambush these guards and free their captive.
Attempting to deceive the guards into a relaxed posture, Taylar does not draw his weapons and approaches like a curious buffoon, hoping to give the impression that he is a bungler merely wanting to get closer to something new and interesting.
He intends to use the same language as the soldiers, but with choppy, almost incomprehensible sentences. "Wow! Where did you catch her? Are there any more like that? Where are you troops from? Is it possible for me to join your ranks?"
Taylar will keep himself alert in case any of the soldiers sees through his ruse and attacks.
96(+52)=148, 86

Eric Zephlaer

Gaming Aficianado
Adisakti approaches with Taylar so that he can quickly whisper in Maldrog, "Give me time to get to the other guards."

He then moves to the edge of the road as he begins talking to the guards in perfect Markidian, very quickly. He continues to walk as he does. "I know. I know. You see a Shimadow. I am from Outpost. Hail to the Lord of the Day. What have you got there? I thought it to be some monster, but it just a girl, well, young woman, possibly Centrin."

He does not hail in a mocking tone, wanting to be able to make it to the other guards before provoking them, but he does edge closer to the cage, squinting and cupping his hands around his eyes as if to better see. He wants to whisper to the prisoner, if he can.
OOC: 75

astarte

Adventurer
While two men are coming closer, the woman gently whispers to the ox: "Stop. Good, pretty ox, please stop."
Husbandry: Mind + Learning + Knowledge + Persona 10+10+10+10=40+61(d100)=101
OOC: 37(d100)

She's gonna keep talking to the ox until the animal stops, while cautiously watching her surroundings, especially enemies and also the party:
Observation: Mind + Learning + Knowledge 10+10+10=30+61(d100)=91

Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Taylar intends... Attempting to deceive...
Adisakti approaches... moves... edge closer...
... the woman gently whispers to the ox: "Stop..."
Taylar: 57(coerce) + 27(muddle) + 148(d100) = 232
Astarte: 40(husbandry) + 31(muddle) + 61(d100) = 132
GM: Taylar feels confident he has fooled the guards, so much so that the guards do not even react to the movement of Adisakti. They are all just watching, except the one speaking.

The guard who first spoke, answers, "Please keep your distance sir, and you too, Shimadow. Back away from there!"

"We did not capture her. We have no special blessing from the Lord of the Day. She was given over to our charge by one of the Hand of Justice. We are just transport."
GM: Adisakti is able to get close to the cage before being commanded away. He will have enough time to say something.

The ox may not understand the gentle words spoken to it and neither does Adisakti who is close enough to hear that it is an unfamiliar language, but the ox suddenly stops its plodding, refusing to move forward, even when encouraged by its handler, who looks as if he is about to jerk on the rope.
Taylar: full wellness
Bracers: 16
Spaulders: 18 - 2 - 1 = 15
Tunic: 57 - 2 - 6 - 2 - 6 - 6 = 35 - 2 = 33
Raven Elk: full wellness
Buckler: 19
tunic: 57 - 4 - 6 - 1 = 46 - 2 = 44
Adisakti:: Body: 10 - 1 = 9, irritated.
tunic: 49 - 1 = 48
Bracers: 19 - 2 = 17
OOC: Current Inventory:
harnin short swords: 21 ( 14 in Refuge)
bronze colored Dancer's Spike
harnin Longsword
Coins:
marks: 141

Animal Parts:
Feline Leg Bone: 1. ??

Minerals:
Coal: 1: {Heat x3}
dark green opaque: 1: ??
Slate: 62: {Thump x2}
Flint: 4 {Heat x2}
Bloodstone: 2: {Confluence +1}
Sunstone: 7: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
Heartstone: 5: {Confluence +1}
Lodestone: 1 {shock x2}

Ores:
Zinc Ingots: 1: {Health +1, Mend x2}
Tin Ingot: 1: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
Lead Ingot: 10: {- Body x2}
Iron Ingot: 1 {Confluence +1, Mend x2}
Calcium Ingot: 1: {Cohesion +1, Restore x2}

Plants:
Lighter Pine: 7 measures {heat x2}

Unknown Items:
Angry Spirit Dust: ??
Acolyte Avery's Ledger (In Refuge)
DoD Training Ledger (In Refuge)
OOC: Each character receives 5 DP. State nominal actions and intentions. Provide two random rolls (d100).

Waynan

Adventurer
Raven Elk slips off behind a couple of large trunked pines and uses camouflage again.
He then executes an end around manuever to get at the rear guard of the soldier-jailors.

OOC: Random rolls --- 91 (mulligan of 19), 76, 83 (mulligan of 38).

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Taylar intends to manipulate waylines to increase his Motility without stopping his forward motion. He says, "Did not capture her? Well, maybe you would like to try on me. I'm a heretic too."
Taylar intends to draw his bludgeons and charge the lead man. He will focus his action on drawing the most attention, but working his weapons in defense, letting his companions get within attack range.
86, 62

Eric Zephlaer

Gaming Aficianado
As Adisakti backs away from the cage to continue toward the rear guard formation, he whispers to the prisoner in Markidian, "If you can understand me, we are going to help you escape."

He backs to the edge of the road, quickly, then continues toward the rear guards, mystically augmenting his athleticism as he moves. When he hears Taylar spout his blasphemy, he draws his weapons, rushing on his nearest guard, shouting, "We are all Heretics!"

He will camouflage himself as he attacks.
OOC: 78, 73

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases