• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tweet gleanings

Agamon

Adventurer
To get back on topic, this is very interesting, if cryptic:

rolling20s
#dndNext playtest? Whaaaaat?
I'm liking what I'm seeing in #dndNext. Very much so

Wormwood

Adventurer
geeksdreamgirl E. Foley

Cool.

Wait---what? Ed Greenwood's original Forgotten Realms campaign? In a book?

I would sell a kidney for that!

(not mine, of course)

Next we have Elminster's Forgotten Realms. We basically went to Ed and said hey, why don't you take all your campaign notes, all the information you've been putting together for your FR campaign and lets compile it into a book. Show us the realms as you've developed it in your campaign setting and lets get that to everybody. It's our celebration of the forgotten realms and pulling back the curtain to show you what the designer of the campaign setting has done

Last edited:

LordArchaon

Explorer
Sorry if this was pjublished already in the thread, but I think the best gameplay tweets belong to ChattyDM! Here pasted in reverse order:

chattydm Philippe A. Ménard
The science of Rogue bluffing: Hey goblin, guess what? Goblin: Wha? Rogue: Chicken Butt (clatter clatter, wins) Goblin: Ha ha ha! (dies)
1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Went to challenge the Ogre... he called his goblin buddies... Paladin hurt the Ogre bad and Goblins dropped Paladins with 3 arrows.
2 hours ago

Killing a minitaur at level 1, even if we got lucky (hurray for Hold Person!) is an awesome achievement for low level characters. So cool!
2 hours ago

We went back and found the Minitaur! FIGHT!
2 hours ago

Gone back to the keep to rest for a looooong time. My paladin was very very banged up. Bought a map of the keep.
3 hours ago

Lost in the minitaur's cave, my paladin is covered in Stirges. In deep trouble. Just got tackled by the warlord... that wasn't helpful.
3 hours ago

The elven wizard engages the kobold in draconic and has a very formal discussion about the complex socio-economic realities of kobold life.
4 hours ago

While the tiefling warlord tries to stop the fight, the half orc fighter charges and splits a kobold in twain.
4 hours ago

Rogue goes scouting in the Ravine while the party stays away, hgets jumped by kobolds, fight!
4 hours ago

Starting #dndnext as a player (Playing the Paladin) with [MENTION=5389]davethegame[/MENTION] DMing, it's quite a honour to play with my jerkface of a friend.

Last edited:

Rechan

Adventurer
The science of Rogue bluffing: Hey goblin, guess what? Goblin: Wha? Rogue: Chicken Butt (clatter clatter, wins) Goblin: Ha ha ha! (dies)
What does that even MEAN?

Went to challenge the Ogre... he called his goblin buddies... Paladin hurt the Ogre bad and Goblins dropped Paladins with 3 arrows.
Dropping the paladin with 3 arrows, does this mean HP is low, arrows are deadly, or paladins are just cursed? Also is "challenging" a mechanic here or just RP?

Killing a minitaur at level 1, even if we got lucky (hurray for Hold Person!) is an awesome achievement for low level characters. So cool!
Hold Person. Not really happy about that at all.

Also we see guys killing ogres and fighting minotaurs and winning. So it sounds like either 1st level PCs are powerful, or monsters are pretty weak?

While the tiefling warlord tries to stop the fight, the half orc fighter charges and splits a kobold in twain.
So Tieflings and Half-Orcs. Man, some people are going to be mad.

A'koss

Explorer
Another vague-ish comment on Greyhawk from the DDXP...

Q: Is there any plan to bring back oerth and greyhawk?

A: The stories and worlds of past editions of D&D are just as important to our development and ideas for D&D Next as the rules and other information is. I don't have any more information to share at this time, but we're definitely exploring and excited about what we have planned.

Remove ads