D&D 5E Twitch Breach and huge data dump with some purporting CR earned $9 million over three years

darjr

I crit!
Twitch has confirmed there was a breach. A twitter user has put together some numbers that purport the $9 million over three years but that calculation is under some debate. Pastebin took down the images so I found a better article about the breach.

streamer earnings.png

Last edited:

Abstruse

Legend
On top of the financial stuff, this is a good reminder to reset your passwords and stream key because it's probably been too long since you've done so. Even if you don't stream, reset your passwords and your stream key. And don't forget your chatbots or other accounts you might use. Reset password, reset stream key, turn on two-factor authentication (use an actual app, because emails and phone numbers were part of the leak, they can be spoofed). Because Twitch can be a nightmare to navigate:

Password Change: Click on your icon in the upper right, go to Settings, then Security and Privacy, then Change Password. You can set 2FA from this screen as well

Stream Key: Then go to Creator Dashboard, Settings, Stream, and click Reset next to your Primary Stream Key. You'll need to copy-paste it to your streaming software before you'll be able to go live.

Scribe

Legend
This all looks really speculative right now. Maybe its true, but it's really soon to know.
Looks pretty legit, I haven't been on it in years, but I better figure out my password again...

I'm disgusted xQc makes that much off of being absolutely a toxic kid in Overwatch.

Remove ads