D&D 5E Twitch Breach and huge data dump with some purporting CR earned $9 million over three years

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
If these numbers are true, that's great for CR. They're the highest money-making account on all of Twitch, which would be awesome (and not really that surprising). They deserve it, too.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Yeah. Using leaks like this to discuss the earnings of private businesses... is pretty sleazy. I mean, I doubt few here would be happy if their own financial information was made available on the internet.

It should be taken down. Why host these images here at ENWorld?

JThursby

Adventurer
I'm disgusted xQc makes that much off of being absolutely a toxic kid in Overwatch.
xQc will always be remembered as the moron who got fool’s mated out of a chess tournament, despite being coached by one of the highest rated chess players in the world for that very same tournament.

I guess I haven't spent a whole of time thinking about how much money CR is making...but I hope it's a LOT more than $9 million.

$9 million, minus overhead, minus taxes, split 7-ish ways, over 3 years, in Los Angeles? That's not enough to buy a house.

I want the biggest nerds on the planet to be BALLERS.

darjr

I crit!
I guess I haven't spent a whole of time thinking about how much money CR is making...but I hope it's a LOT more than $9 million.

$9 million, minus overhead, minus taxes, split 7-ish ways, over 3 years, in Los Angeles? That's not enough to buy a house.

Yea. Note however that's just from twitch. And while it might be wrong I've seen some say it might be too low.

MarkB

Legend

Well, Twitch isn't their only source of revenue. There's also YouTube, plus their sponsors (at least 2 per show for the whole of campaign 2, I think) among others.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone

Someone on Twitter did some analysis, pointed out that this revenue would only cover $70,000 salaries for the 31 employees (counting the actors). That said, this is just one revenue source, but $70,000 doesn't go very far in California.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
And an Amazon series. A few kickstarters. Their retail store. Appearances. Comic books.
And boardgames. And the books that they've published (Tal'dorei Campaign Guide, Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, their next Tal'dorei book).

Suffice it to say, they're making a lot of money off of Critical Role.

Remove ads