Unarmed attacks while armed

chilibean

First Post
Spikey: please note the "It seems reasonable" part at the beginning of what I said. That is code for: it's not in the rules, it is just an attempt at a helpful suggestion using commen sense. Sorry I wasn't clear on that.

Zhure: I wasn't aware guantlets needed spikes before they didn't provoke an AoO. Then just put a little spike on your boots.

As for the IUS requirement suggestion, please note the "or" in my post. The idea was to allow fighter types and monks to do this more easily than wizards who miss with their dagger and are trying to kick someone for the first time in their lives. Granted the rules say that people are automatically proficient with their own natural weapons, but I don't think it's a great stretch of logic to assume that "natural weapons" don't automatically mean every single part of the body that could hurt someone. Thus to assign kicks with heavy boots to be a "martial weapon" for proficiency purposes (which would automatically be granted to those with IUS) doesn't seem unreasonable or weird to me.

Remove ads