• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

unarmed strikes and weapon proficiencies

aarduini

Explorer
Hello, I'm a little new to posting threads, but I read them a lot. I was wondering if anyone has infromation on unarmed strikes. I know they are considered imporvised weapons, but does anyone know what damage they do and if there are any pluses or minuses associated with them.

Also, does anyone know how weapon proficiency feats work. I have an eladrin wizard multi-classing into fighter and need to be proficient with a longsword.

VannATLC

First Post
Proficiencies grant you a bonus to hit. There is no penalty, per-se, for not being proficient.

WRT to the wizard/fighter, there is some information that you may also be able to use your sword as an implement, at some stage, though I don't know what the requirements are.

I don't believe we've seen any information at all regarding unarmed strikes.

hong

WotC's bitch
Unarmed strikes fall into the "improvised weapon" category, IIRC. There isn't any class that grants a bonus to hit with improvised weapons -- not yet anyway.

Kwalish Kid

Explorer
We have seen that martial characters can use unarmed as a "weapon". No word on whether or not there is a bonus to hit with that weapon and I can't remember the damage.

Ginnel

Explorer
hong said:
Unarmed strikes fall into the "improvised weapon" category, IIRC. There isn't any class that grants a bonus to hit with improvised weapons -- not yet anyway.

Queue the drunken master Paragon Path in PHBII Wheee!

*prepares his tankard of endless beer and his +5 SoberBane Ladder*

aarduini

Explorer
unarmed strike

Thanks that's good information. If anyone gets the damage on unarmed stirkes, I could really use that. Also, what if I wanted to get proficient with the sword for the bonuses, is it a group proficiency or a single weapon proficiency. any info on that?

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
aarduini said:
Thanks that's good information. If anyone gets the damage on unarmed stirkes, I could really use that. Also, what if I wanted to get proficient with the sword for the bonuses, is it a group proficiency or a single weapon proficiency. any info on that?

Unfortunately not at this stage.

I think you're going to have to wait for the books. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads