Unearthed Arcana Unearthed Arcana: Barbarian and Monk

Unearthed Arcana makes an unexpected return (the last one was back in May) with a three-page PDF containing two subclasses -- Path of the Wild Soul for the barbarian, and Way of the Astral Self for the monk.

Screenshot 2019-08-15 at 20.27.07.png

Last edited:

sigh

Yes, it is true that Barbarians, like everything else in 5e, is getting DA MAGIC.

Just because something is already a little bad, doesn't mean we can't complain when they make it worse, right?

Up next-

The Swordcerer. It's the new melee sorcerer subclass, that uses all the spellslots for melee attacks.

I swear, I feel like WoTC is like those people who gave us peanut butter + jelly in a jar. Some things you WANT separate.
It's like the color Blurple...is it blue? is it purple?

IS NOTHING SACRED ANYMORE!!!!!!

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
sigh

Yes, it is true that Barbarians, like everything else in 5e, is getting DA MAGIC.

Just because something is already a little bad, doesn't mean we can't complain when they make it worse, right?

Up next-

The Swordcerer. It's the new melee sorcerer subclass, that uses all the spellslots for melee attacks.

I swear, I feel like WoTC is like those people who gave us peanut butter + jelly in a jar. Some things you WANT separate.

Whoa there! I wouldn't mind a Swordcerer actually...

I wouldn't mind if there's bardic subclass of a Barbarian. Then you'd get a Skald, which is really a thing. Might not resemble an actual historical Skald, and one could say that the College of Valor Bard already is a Skald. But they've shown there's enough room to approach a concept in at least 2 different classes.

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
Ugh. yet another magic Barbarian.

Can I just have a non-magic Barbarian that doesn't incur Exhaustion form using it's main subclass ability or have to wear specific armor and be a specific race?

I do think astral projecting monks sound awesome.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Both cool subclasses, I like the barbarian subclass as a being infused with magic but who doesn't use it in the traditional way that a spellcaster does. It's a very cool concept. The astral monk sounds cool as well, it looks to be a very weird looking monk though.

I wonder if this is for a planescape/manual of the planes type book.

jgsugden

Legend
The balance on those is odd. Barbarian rages. Rolls a 1. It gets to deal d10 damage to every creature within 30, and then gain that many temp HPs. The randomness is an offsetting factor, but that could easily be 50 emp hps at level 3... and is no different at level 20. Very odd.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases