Unearthed Arcana Unearthed Arcana: Barbarian and Monk

Unearthed Arcana makes an unexpected return (the last one was back in May) with a three-page PDF containing two subclasses -- Path of the Wild Soul for the barbarian, and Way of the Astral Self for the monk.

Screenshot 2019-08-15 at 20.27.07.png

Last edited:

I don't think this is a fair assessment of what's going on here. The barbarian subclass is extreme, and frankly, rather silly. It's not surprising that there is a higher than usual negative reaction. It's okay to be critical. Nobody is going to like every idea WOTC comes up with, and WOTC needs to hear honest reactions from players. And of course, there will be disagreements. That's okay, as we aren't going to all like the same things. Saying it's players hating this idea, simply because it's novel is unfair.

It is so tiring when people insist on saying this whole "Its ok to be critical" nonsense when it has nothing to do with the debate or the conversation. No one is saying you can't like it. For god's sake stop playing victim

Good! I don't like it.

I think the barbarian subclass is trash.

Hot trash.

I am reasonably certain that the only reason they released it is so I would stop complaining about Paladins.

HA! I can hate many things at once, WoTC! I have the power to hate ... more than you can even imagine creating. That which does not kill me, only makes me, um, hate-ier.

...good?
What do you mean good? Why wouldn't your post be good? Are you trying to be obstinate to provoke me or something?

What do you mean good? Why wouldn't your post be good? Are you trying to be obstinate to provoke me or something?
Ignore him, lowkey13 has become so consumed by his hatred of Paladins and all things "new school" that he should have by now collapsed into a singularity of pure salt and skub dealing 10d8 psychic damage to everybody within 120 feet of him plus an additional 10d8 necrotic to Paladins, Tieflings, and Dragonborn.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases