Unearthed Arcana Unearthed Arcana: Cleric, Druid, Wizard Options

In another new Unearthed Arcana (these things are coming out fast right now!) the cleric receives a new Divine Domain option: the Twilight Domain; the druid gains a new Druid Circle option: the Circle of Wildfire; and the wizard gains a new Arcane Tradition feature: Onomancy, the magic of true names.

In another new Unearthed Arcana (these things are coming out fast right now!) the cleric receives a new Divine Domain option: the Twilight Domain; the druid gains a new Druid Circle option: the Circle of Wildfire; and the wizard gains a new Arcane Tradition feature: Onomancy, the magic of true names.

safe_image.php.jpg

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Actually I disagree because not having important Intel undermines the value of the feed back we give them in these playtests, because context matters and can change ratings.

If a game option isn't popular enough without more Intel, it might just not be a good idea?

Phion

Explorer
Not as great as the paladin and bard pdf. The abilities are great but the flavour as to why the subclass have come to be is so so.

Vael

Legend
More subclasses, yay! More UA, also yay!

These are interesting. The Twilight Cleric is possibly the first domain to really grab my interest (I've never been a great fan of Clerics), and I think both the Wildfire Druid and the Truename (Onomancy) Wizard are pretty cool.

5ekyu

Hero
Interesting...

I love the druid for two reasons - more non-shift wild-shapes and to me elemental spin. I want more of these - at least three.

I like the twilight- they need a hood travrller/wanderer domain.

Naming tho - meh - legacy magic type sure but this is very uninspiring. It feels like a meta-magic by naming feature. I do like piggybacking effects tho.

Nothing jumps st me balance-wise but then I dont fret that. If anything, maybe vutvthe free fire spells in half.

Two promising, one men.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
It doesn’t. From the PHB:

It is strong, but most of those hit points will be “wasted” unless everyone is taking at least a d8 damage every round as well. So, you can basically think of this as giving everyone in the area DR/8 for the duration. Which, don’t get me wrong, is still very powerful!

Well, DR/4.5 (on average), only against the first hit in the round. :)

fent

Villager
The lack of fire resistance on the Wildfire druid irks me to no end. They give so many subclasses thematical resistances, yet the druid that has a spirit bond with a creature of pure fire still takes full damage from fire. There were so many places for them to incorporate it, yet they did not.

Remove ads

Remove ads