Unearthed Arcana Unearthed Arcana: Cleric, Druid, Wizard Options

In another new Unearthed Arcana (these things are coming out fast right now!) the cleric receives a new Divine Domain option: the Twilight Domain; the druid gains a new Druid Circle option: the Circle of Wildfire; and the wizard gains a new Arcane Tradition feature: Onomancy, the magic of true names.

In another new Unearthed Arcana (these things are coming out fast right now!) the cleric receives a new Divine Domain option: the Twilight Domain; the druid gains a new Druid Circle option: the Circle of Wildfire; and the wizard gains a new Arcane Tradition feature: Onomancy, the magic of true names.

safe_image.php.jpg

Cool, the twilight domain will fit in great with a cult I am working on. The cult of the unblinded. They want to be the only ones who see the world as it is and cast anarchy with "darkness" literally and figuratively.

The lack of fire resistance on the Wildfire druid irks me to no end. They give so many subclasses thematical resistances, yet the druid that has a spirit bond with a creature of pure fire still takes full damage from fire. There were so many places for them to incorporate it, yet they did not.
If they resisted fire, they would be resisting the very destruction and renewal they're supposed to embody. Kind of hypocritical, don't you think?

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Naming tho - meh - legacy magic type sure but this is very uninspiring. It feels like a meta-magic by naming feature. I do like piggybacking effects tho.

Yeah. It's like they are trying to redo the Lore Master concept. Though since AoE don't see to target, it cuts out some of the abuses.

I absolutely love the Twilight Domain and want to play one as soon as possible. I do imagine some DMs will have issues with unlimited flight at level six, but it's not a problem for me personally.

I giggle at the imagery of Gandalf summoning brilliant light and all the nearby Twilight clerics just falling from the sky. Also some wonderful Peter Pan vibes.

"Straight on till morning!"
"Why morning?"
"We don't make it by then we all fall!"

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
If they resisted fire, they would be resisting the very destruction and renewal they're supposed to embody. Kind of hypocritical, don't you think?
It's time for them to reintroduce elemental absorption mechanics. A fire-elementalist character that could eat fire would be rad.

Last edited:

Undrave

Legend
Twilight Cleric is neat. It's interesting that it gets all the melee Cleric stuff (bonus proficiencies, divine strike) but NOT the extra attack.

The Wildfire Druid has some weirdly wordy stuff in regard to the fire elemental. Why the Soul Bond thing isn't just replaced by "+1+Your proficiency bonus" or "+your proficiency bonus"? And the Flame Seed attack's damage doesn't scale with level and the Teleportation thing has a refresh of 'short or long rest'... but the Spirit doesn't last more than an hour!

At the very least the Wildfire Spirit should last as long as your Wildshape would last. It would only make sense since your using it up. THEN it could take a short rest.

True Naming is just the kind of pretentious book keeping Wizard players love :p (j/k, love you guys)

Last edited:

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I absolutely love the Twilight Domain and want to play one as soon as possible. I do imagine some DMs will have issues with unlimited flight at level six, but it's not a problem for me personally.

I giggle at the imagery of Gandalf summoning brilliant light and all the nearby Twilight clerics just falling from the sky. Also some wonderful Peter Pan vibes.

"Straight on till morning!"
"Why morning?"
"We don't make it by then we all fall!"

My read is that this is more like a super jump, considering the duration.

Remove ads

Remove ads