D&D 5E Unearthed Arcana: Draconic Options

The latest Unearthed Arcana from WotC is called Draconic Options. It includes three variant Dragonborn races and a new kobold race, as well as a handful of new spells and feats. Dragonlance fans might do a double-take when they see Fizban's platinum shield (two Forgotten Realms dragons are referenced in the spells, too -- Icingdeath and Raulothim -- as is the FR god of fey dragons, Nathair).

Harness the power of dragons in this installment of Unearthed Arcana! This playtest document presents race, feat, and spell options related to dragons in Dungeons & Dragons.

First is a trio of draconic race options presented as an alternative to the dragonborn race in the Player’s Handbook, as well as a fresh look at the kobold race. Then comes a handful of feat options that reflect a connection to draconic power. Finally, an assortment of spells—many of them bearing the names of famous or infamous dragons—offer a variety of approaches to manifesting dragon magic.

2C0B9D44-8EE0-44C5-ABCA-8ABCA08DF322.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
Based on what? We have three UAs of player-facing content that haven't showed up in a book yet: One fey and two dragons. No celestial, elemental, fiendish or shadow stuff.

Anything is possible, but the smart money is on a draconic book at this point, based on available evidence.
We had one class options Draconic and one ancestry options Draconic. Plus an ancestry options Fey book. I'd bet we're getting multiple different "great powers" in a single book, not that these playtests are for separate books. And if they're doing Fey and Draconic, which other powers are out there? That's why I mentioned the others. Shadowfell probably less so bc of Van Richten's, but I wouldn't be surprised for a smattering of other player options to surface in the coming months.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
We had one class options Draconic and one ancestry options Draconic. Plus an ancestry options Fey book. I'd bet we're getting multiple different "great powers" in a single book, not that these playtests are for separate books. And if they're doing Fey and Draconic, which other powers are out there? That's why I mentioned the others. Shadowfell probably less so bc of Van Richten's, but I wouldn't be surprised for a smattering of other player options to surface in the coming months.
Well, we'll see in the next UA, I guess. If it's a third draconic UA, there won't be much time for a bunch of other options for a book coming in July.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Congratulations, you've just proved that old-school thornies are mammals. Take a bow.
This may be one of the weirdest hills I’ve ever seen someone choose to die on.

I figured it was obvious form context that by “mamalian descriptions” I was talking about when they were described as dog-like. Whether they were literally meant to be mammals or not... I mean, who really cares?

Congratulations, you’ve successfully um, actually’d my erroneous use of the word “mammalian.” Can we move on to something that isn’t entirely asinine now, please?

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases