D&D 5E Unearthed Arcana: Draconic Options

The latest Unearthed Arcana from WotC is called Draconic Options. It includes three variant Dragonborn races and a new kobold race, as well as a handful of new spells and feats. Dragonlance fans might do a double-take when they see Fizban's platinum shield (two Forgotten Realms dragons are referenced in the spells, too -- Icingdeath and Raulothim -- as is the FR god of fey dragons, Nathair)...

The latest Unearthed Arcana from WotC is called Draconic Options. It includes three variant Dragonborn races and a new kobold race, as well as a handful of new spells and feats. Dragonlance fans might do a double-take when they see Fizban's platinum shield (two Forgotten Realms dragons are referenced in the spells, too -- Icingdeath and Raulothim -- as is the FR god of fey dragons, Nathair).

Harness the power of dragons in this installment of Unearthed Arcana! This playtest document presents race, feat, and spell options related to dragons in Dungeons & Dragons.

First is a trio of draconic race options presented as an alternative to the dragonborn race in the Player’s Handbook, as well as a fresh look at the kobold race. Then comes a handful of feat options that reflect a connection to draconic power. Finally, an assortment of spells—many of them bearing the names of famous or infamous dragons—offer a variety of approaches to manifesting dragon magic.

2C0B9D44-8EE0-44C5-ABCA-8ABCA08DF322.jpeg

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
I tend to use archaic names that are rare in the modern world but actually existed. Also names from a variety of societies, though I usually spell them in a way that makes it easier to read them (for an english speaker, I mean), rather than harder.

I always find it amusing when Fantasy authors spell a name that pronounces as a very normal name in a way that makes it look like gibberish. Game of Thrones does that a lot. They seem like fine names when you hear them on the show, and then you see them written... ugh. (At least that's the order that I experienced them!)
true but we still need good names for things which are far removed from humans so we do not end up with more icingdeath.

Remove ads

Remove ads