Unearthed Arcana Unearthed Arcana: Four New Subclasses

There's a new Unearthed Arcana from Ben Petrisor, Dan Dillon, Bill Benham, Jeremy Crawford, F. Wesley Schneider. This one has four new subclasses Path of the Beast (Barbarian), Way of Mercy (Monk), Oath of the Watchers (Paladin), Noble Genie (Warlock).

There's a new Unearthed Arcana from Ben Petrisor, Dan Dillon, Bill Benham, Jeremy Crawford, F. Wesley Schneider. This one has four new subclasses Path of the Beast (Barbarian), Way of Mercy (Monk), Oath of the Watchers (Paladin), Noble Genie (Warlock).

Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 6.51.08 PM.png

I like the words "Part 1".

Path of the Beast seems cool. The tail attack raises a question (for me, anyway) about when opportunity attacks are provoked if you are wielding one weapon with reach and one without. Is this 3E spiked chain territory?

Way of Mercy is neat. No complaints, other than that the sentence "Your mastery of life energy opens the door to the ultimate respite technique" probably needs a few more editing passes to get to where the writer wants it to be.

Oath of the Watchers is basically Heimdall, right? I dig it.

I really don't think the Noble Genie Pact comes together flavorwise. Revolving the subclass around a tether mechanic seems kind of gamist to begin with, and I don't see what the tether has to do with being a genie's minion.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
naughty word, your right!!! I wasn't even thinking bout that too!
Or Shadar-Kai Sorrowborn.
Yes!

oh! Adapt the Dragon Fear feat for Dragonborn and you could have a badass Doom Speaker or whatever it was called. The guys who excel at Crowing, and make their enemies tremble, and then rush in and destroy them!

I am using this for when my Eberron players have to help an old PC turned NPC with a backstory related story arc....and maybe a future PC if I get a chance.

Remove ads

Remove ads