Unearthed Arcana Unearthed Arcana: The Artificer Is Here! & UA Schedule Changes

Not liking the shape of this. It's certainly powerful in a batman-utility sort of way, but I didn't expect the Artificer to become a "Must Have Pet" class. My potion thrower is gone, and the party Beastmaster is giving me side-eye. Unless you can put Returning Weapon on the potions you throw.

Not liking the shape of this. It's certainly powerful in a batman-utility sort of way, but I didn't expect the Artificer to become a "Must Have Pet" class. My potion thrower is gone, and the party Beastmaster is giving me side-eye.

Unless you can put Returning Weapon on the potions you throw.

Hussar

Legend
Here's a question:

Why does Arcane Weapon work on Martial Weapons when the character doesn't gain any martial weapon proficiencies?

Maybe this spell is going to be available to other classes when released?

Rereading the part on focuses I see that one could make a weapon such as a firearm into a focus if it has an infusion, but it's a wait until 2nd before you could do such thing.

But now I just thought of an artificer casting Cure Wounds by loading a Blunderbuss with healing powder and then shooting someone with it to heal them.

Mecheon

Sacabambaspis
The sidebar in the pdf at least only listed those worlds where it made sense to have artificers in it. Mystara for example did have magitech in it more so than say Greyhawk.

Greyhawk is one world where I don't think its a great idea to add the class, Spelljammer, Planescape, Mystara yeah sure makes a bit of sense. Even Krynn and the Gnomes (as long as it had a reason to fail).

I'm not a 100% purist as long as it makes sense for that world. Barbarians in Darksun sure (at least non magical ones), artificers erm no.

I mean, I'd argue Greyhawk, the setting with multiple crashed alien spaceships and where one of the gods is basically an artificer, is a perfect setting for it

Zardnaar

Legend
I mean, I'd argue Greyhawk, the setting with multiple crashed alien spaceships and where one of the gods is basically an artificer, is a perfect setting for it

Doesn't mean they can build said spaceship. It's also a exception having that ship its basically unique. Mystara makes more sense than Greyhawk IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Here's a question:

Why does Arcane Weapon work on Martial Weapons when the character doesn't gain any martial weapon proficiencies?

Maybe this spell is going to be available to other classes when released?

RAW a bard could acquire it through Magical Secrets for a start.

That raises an interesting point though: the spell description only requires the caster to be holding the weapon when the spell is cast. So, hypothetically, they could cast the spell on the fighter's weapon and give it back to them. It's a concentration spell, so it might not be too overpowered read like that.

That raises an interesting point though: the spell description only requires the caster to be holding the weapon when the spell is cast. So, hypothetically, they could cast the spell on the fighter's weapon and give it back to them. It's a concentration spell, so it might not be too overpowered read like that.
This. Plus Racial Weapon Proficiencies, Multiclassing, or the Weapon Master feat.

CapnZapp

Legend
How do you post spoilers on this forum?
There are two tags SBLOCK and SPOILER

Unfortunately one works in the browser, the other on the app. So you need to use both.

Here's an example. Reply to me and look at the source code to find out the exact syntax :)

Spoiler tag
[SBLOCK]
Both tags. This info is hidden no matter from where you access EN World
[/SBLOCK]
Sblock tag

CapnZapp

Legend
I think it has been comprehensively concluded how ridiculous the content production rate is.

One new class in four years and it still is met with lots of complaints.

If they released one new class a year you should be able to find at least one that is to your liking.

Now the most likely result is that they effectively have released no new classes at all.

Sigh.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads