• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Unearthed Arcana: Travelers of the Multiverse

New free content from WotC - the latest 4-page Unearthed Arcana introduces six new races: astral elf, autognome, giff, hadozee, plasmoid, and thri-kreen. https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/travelers-multiverse Looks like Spelljammer and/or Planescape is back on the menu!

New free content from WotC - the latest 4-page Unearthed Arcana introduces six new races: astral elf, autognome, giff, hadozee, plasmoid, and thri-kreen.

Screen Shot 2021-10-08 at 10.45.04 PM.png

Looks like Spelljammer and/or Planescape is back on the menu!

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
RAW allows a lot of silly things. But you can't argue against the silliness unless you know what the argument for actually is.
Sure I can. If something is silly, I can easily say it's silly and I don't like it on that front, without knowing what the justification for the silliness is. I'm not big into silliness in my D&D, so to me it really doesn't matter what the justification is.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Yeah the Mystic is also a very specific way to do psionics, and one that tried to do A LOT in one class. And it was very fiddly.
Right. The major complaint was that it stepped on too many toes. That's not an issue for me or my group, but a lot of people didn't like that. They could have decided to make a Psion class that didn't step on toes that way, but they decided against it without really trying a second time. The psionic subclasses that weren't a psionic primary class like Psion/Mystic don't count.

Chaosmancer

Legend
Which racial features would a Plasmoid Druid retain while in Wildshape?

I'd say holding your breath and natural resilience.

Edit: I hadn't considered the Elementals because I was thinking of generic wildshape.

I would totally allow any elemental form to use all of the Plasmoid abilities, due to the lack of internal structrures that would prevent them

Last edited:

Chaosmancer

Legend
No, and as I said this is a design flaw from a user needs point of view. But it works

I don't see any way that it "works", unless you ignore half of your features and play like a nerfed version of either a caster or a monk.

5he Monk can never lose their magical weapons and don't need to put their armor on, a notable advantage in my experience of playing a Paladin dealing with a camp ambush being debilitating.

So, basically nothing, as in my experience these things rarely if ever come up in normal play. Because, let us be clear, if you assume "a party of equipped heroes-" then immediately these "advantages" to the monk are meaningless. It is only when you actively act to unequip the heroes that this matters. And this is incredibly rare.

Chaosmancer

Legend
And a wizard who runs out of spell slots loses access to all their active abilities as well. Different classes are more or less reliant on their resources than others.

True, but a wizard is a full caster whose ONLY resources are a massive number of daily spells. Far more than either the Paladin or the equivalent spell points of the monk. In fact, it is likely equal to both combined.

And even then, you are actually wrong, because Ritual casting on a wizard is still active.

Remove ads

Remove ads