• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Unpopular opinions go here

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest 7042500

Considering I've had 3 PhD professors who use it as a modern distinguishment between subtypes of Lorica Hamata... those with lamelar shoulders and those without... you might want to avoid the superlative adjectives "always" and "Never." Especially since it then means a single use disproves your argument.
That's very interesting, where can I learn more?

Panzeh

Explorer
That's not what is important. What is important is that the X card is available.
Yeah, i've found that generally having the conversation and session 0 tends to obviate the need to use them, but you need them to have this conversation.

I also generally use session 0 to go over more administrative aspects of the game- how many players is a quorum to continue the session, what do we do with people's characters who drop out, how much notice you expect if a player's going to be absent, etc. This is usually the majority of Session 0.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Yeah, i've found that generally having the conversation and session 0 tends to obviate the need to use them, but you need them to have this conversation.

I also generally use session 0 to go over more administrative aspects of the game- how many players is a quorum to continue the session, what do we do with people's characters who drop out, how much notice you expect if a player's going to be absent, etc. This is usually the majority of Session 0.

I'm now curious how many people formally have a session 0 where they all sit down together and how many do it by e-mail or discord when they're selling the campaign idea and recruiting players.

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
I'm now curious how many people formally have a session 0 where they all sit down together and how many do it by e-mail or discord when they're selling the campaign idea and recruiting players.
I try and do it for every campaign, including collective character creation (so the PCs are actually an ensemble, not a collection of loners). It doesn't always happen, especially with long established groups where most people prefer to get started playing immediately.

Thomas Shey

Legend

I've done it both ways, but I find if I do it in a session, people are more likely to be communicative to each other about what they want to play in the way of characters.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
It’s hard enough to schedule a tableful of adults to actually play the game, getting them to schedule a talk about playing the game session is a nightmare. I’ve always done it individually using whatever means works for that person. Text, phone, Facebook, discord, etc. This also helps keep things that should be private and/or secret from the rest of the group.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Also France thinks that it perfected bread with the baguette. 🤷‍♂️
DMm2NpcWAAIvck9.jpg

the-good-place-french.gif

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
When I'm recruiting players I try to do it via in-person meeting.

But yes, by the time we get to roll-up night (when everyone's together for the first time) they should each already have a pretty good idea of what they're getting into. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads