• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Unpopular opinions go here

Status
Not open for further replies.

DammitVictor

Trust the Fungus
Supporter
Is that actually that unpopular? I kind of associate Germany when it comes to food with two things: sausages and baking.
Really? Because I keep hearing people say this, but I've had German sausage and, in my personal opinion, it's the wurst.
I'm now curious how many people formally have a session 0 where they all sit down together and how many do it by e-mail or discord when they're selling the campaign idea and recruiting players.
I always do, because it's a small sidebar to everyone sitting down at the table and rolling their characters together.

A lot of people would be surprised at how many problems that avoids, as well.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Funny, but true. A former player of mine has thousands invested in the cards (six grand that he will admit to), in an area where actually playing is iffy.
Thing is, if he hangs on to those cards long enough he'll likely make his money back (inflation-adjusted) and then some.

Thing is, if he hangs on to those cards long enough he'll likely make his money back (inflation-adjusted) and then some.
True in theory. Problem is, buying them incurred credit card debt, so he's paying far more in interest than the mark-up on those cards will reach. He is a 'minimum payment each month' kind of guy, and his credit is bad, so the cards he has, carry an interest rate that would embarrass a Mafia loan shark.

“Please consider the environment before printing this email” signatures are just trying to make a company look pro-environment with the most minimal of efforts

Who the Sam Hill prints emails?

Sorry. Saw that in a sig a few minutes ago, and it got my goat.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
“Please consider the environment before printing this email” signatures are just trying to make a company look pro-environment with the most minimal of efforts

Sorry. Saw that in a sig a few minutes ago, and it got my goat.
It's less common than it used to be, but I've worked in plenty of situations where people have printed email for various purposes. I've done so myself on occasion.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules

Depends what the email is. If it's an invoice, a receipt for payment, or similar that for whatever reason I have to keep then it gets printed every damn time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads