• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Until First Light (DM: TwoHeadsBarking. Judge: renau1g)

evilbob

Explorer
Empathy sees her companion in trouble and attempts to blast the mind of the loper next to him, trying to cripple him with an overwhelming telepathic force.

[sblock=ooc]mind thrust, augment 2 on loper 30: natural 1. 2nd in a row.

no other actions[/sblock]
Instead, she manages only to cause a slight disturbance in the air next to its head. Her attack being completely useless, she stands there for a moment, partially drained from the energy wasted. After a second she decides to try again to at least affect the creature somewhat; she again attempts to blast its mind.

[sblock=ooc]action point, since that was so sad: mind thrust on loper 30: natural 2. I think we've determined that 7 does not hit their will.

I think the dice on invisible castle are broken... :)[/sblock]
Again, she manages to accomplish nothing. Exhausted, she just stands there.

[sblock=Empathy ministats]Empathy Shardmind Psion 1
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 20, Senses: Normal
AC:14, Fort:11, Reflex:14, Will:16
HP:24/24, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:7/7
Resist: 5 psychic
Action Points/Daily Item Uses/Milestones: 1 (used this enc)/1/1
Power Points: 0
Powers:
Dishearten
Mind Thrust

Shard Swarm
Far Hand
Forceful Push
Second Wind

Ravening Thoughts

Important Stuff:

Conditions:

Full sheet: PC:Empathy (evilbob) - L4W Wiki[/sblock]

garyh

First Post
Zhen whirls his fist at both lopers, then moves out of his allies' way.

[sblock=Mechanics]Did I get my 5 temp HP when first bloodied due to Half-Orc Resilience? That's a tricky one, I always forget it on a half-orc I DM...

Standard action - Five Storms against Loper 30 and Loper 67.

Five Storms Loper 30 and 67 (1d20+4=13, 1d20+4=5, 1d8+4=6, 1d8=7)

Hits Reflex 13 for 6 damage against Loper 30, and hits Reflex 5 - Natural 1 misses - for 6 damage against Loper 67. Deciding to use Furious Assault on Loper 30 for another 7 damage if I hit it. On a hit, apply Stone Fist Flurry of Blows to Loper 30 for 7 damage.

Move action - Five Storms movement technique to shift 2 squares to M9.[/sblock]

[sblock=Zhen's Info]Li "Zhen" Zhenyu - Male Half-Orc Monk 1
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 17, Low-Light Vision
AC: 18, Fort: 15, Reflex: 15, Will: 14 - Speed: 6
HP: 12/24, Bloodied: 12, Surge Value: 6, Surges left: 6/8
Action Points: 0
Resists: None

Powers:
Crane's Wings
Five Storms
Stone Fist Flurry of Blows

Furious Assault
Half-Orc Resilience
Rising Storm
Second Wind

Spinning Leopard Maneuver
Potion of Healing x1

Full character sheet[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
Lily rushed forward, climbing up onto some of the rubble for a little better view. Don't worry about Lith, do what you need to do!

As Lily moved Lith slipped between the two undead swiping at one of them with clawed limbs that seemed to burble out of its amorphous mass. While the shadow fought with the zombies, Lily called once more on her healing magic, directing the strength of the spirits that inhabited the place into Zhen.

[sblock=ooc]

Sorry to be so slow, I've been really busy lately.

move: Lily moves to H10, Lith moves to O9

standard: Stalker's Strike: vs Fort [target: Loper 67] (1d20+7=11)
if it hits (I'm guessing not, but hey): Damage (1d10+5=7). Until the end of Lily's next turn, her spirit companion can flank with her and her allies.

minor: Healing Spirit on Zhen, he can spend a surge and gain surge+1 hp. The extra healing is unfortunately lost.

BTW, spirit companions can only be hit by range and melee attacks, which makes them immune to area attacks, so don't worry about that.

[/sblock]
[sblock=ministats]Lily- Female Human Shaman 3
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 20, Senses: Normal
AC:16, Fort:16, Reflex:16, Will:18 -- Speed:6
HP:36/36, Bloodied:18, Surge Value:9, Surges left:8/9
Action Points: 1
Powers -
Call Spirit Companion
Spirit's Fangs
Haunting Spirits
Stalker's Strike
Watcher's Strike

Healing Spirit
Healing Spirit
Speak with Spirits
Bonds of the Clan
Twin Panthers
Sly Fox Spirit
Second Wind

Spirit of the Healing Flood
Hungry Spirits Totem

Conditions:

[/sblock]
[sblock=Lily's Spirit Primer (Please Read!)]
Spirit companions are complex critters, so this is to remind everyone, myself included, of the important points. The first three items are probably the most relevant to the other players.
  • Any of Lily's allies who start their turn adjacent to her spirit companion can shift 1 square as a free action, as the first action during their turn.
  • Any of Lily's allies adjacent to her spirit companion gain a +3 bonus to their damage rolls against bloodied enemies.
  • Lily's spirit companion occupies 1 square, Lily's allies may move through its space, but her enemies may not.
  • Lily's spirit companion may be targeted by melee and ranged attacks. If a single attack deals 11 or more damage to Lily's spirit companion it disappears and Lily takes 6 damage. Otherwise her spirit companion is unaffected by the attack.
  • Lily's spirit companion uses Lily's defenses.
  • Any enemy that leaves a square adjacent to Lily's spirit companion without shifting is subject its Spirit Fang attack. (This is an opportunity action and so may used once per turn, rather than once per round. Since there is no reason not to take this attack DM please feel free to roll them as necessary.)
  • Lily's spirit companion is unaffected by terrain and environmental phenomena.
[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
The oddity of these zombies is not limited to their physical movements. Their behavior reminds you of pack hunters as they both turn and rush towards Lily with their strange bounding strides. One of them suffers a blow from Zhen, but it does not stop the undead from surrounding the girl. They lash out at Lily with their claws, scoring a number of long cuts on her limbs.

[sblock=Status:]
Empathy (24/24)
Lily (28/36)
Raijin (22/22)
Zhen (19/24)
Loper 30 (-8)
Loper 67 (-9)

I rolled for Zhen's save vs ongoing poison. Success! So that's gone. The 5 thp I forgot about are eaten by the damage at the start of his turn.

Neither Loper recharges their poison attack.

Loper 30 moves to I7. This draws OAs from Lith and Zhen, who miss and hit for 8 damage, respectively. Loper 30 then charges Lily, but misses.

Loper 67 shifts as a minor to N11, and then also charges Lily, hitting AC 27 for 8 damage.

So, both sides dealt the same amount of damage to each other this turn. If we continue to trade hit point for hit point, you'll win. However, I recommend a more efficient strategy than that.

Oh, and just to be clear, the bock from G10 to J11 is difficult terrain.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Chapel_p2_r2.jpg
    Chapel_p2_r2.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 100

johnmeier1

Explorer
The rage and lightning seem to burn out of Raijin. He moves slowly but carefully behind the Lopers and tosses a bolt of lightning. The thunder from it concusses one of the strange zombies and Raijin uses the force to shift behind cover.

[sblock=OOC] Lost this post once already :(
Move: Walk to I6
Standard: Stormwalk 1d20+4=24 (CRIT) vs Loper 67 for 16 damage and shift 1 to H5
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Status:
Passive Perception 10, Passive Insight 16
AC 14, Fort 15, Reflex 10, Will 16
HP: 22/22, Bloodied 11, Surge Value 5, Surges 4/6
Resist Lightning 5, Resist Thunder 5
Speed 6, Initiative +0
Action Points: 0, Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Blazing Starfall, Storm Walk
Encounter Powers: Promise of Storm, Thundering Roar
Daily Powers: Lightning Breath
[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
Empathy attempts to weaken one of the zombie's resolve.

Amazingly, her powers connect and the zombie his visibly shaken. Surprised by her success after a string of dismal failures, Empathy retreats to a slightly safer position.

[sblock=ooc]standard: dishearten centered on J12 to attack loper 67 -> 22 vs. will for 12 damage, -2 to attacks TENT. I am shocked. That ties my highest roll for this character.

move: move to C7

minor: none[/sblock]
[sblock=Empathy ministats]Empathy Shardmind Psion 1
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 20, Senses: Normal
AC:14, Fort:11, Reflex:14, Will:16
HP:24/24, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:7/7
Resist: 5 psychic
Action Points/Daily Item Uses/Milestones: 1 (used this enc)/1/1
Power Points: 0
Powers:
Dishearten
Mind Thrust